3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Reosorbilact 20.01.23 01:35 pm

FPS question (Diablo 2)

Greetings. Who can tell why online fps is 200+, but in single it's only 25? Is there any way to increase fps in single player? Somehow it is not comfortable to play in a single with such FPS. Feels like something is wrong...
15 Comments
Sort by:
j
jaffa bathing cap 20.01.23

nit

More than 25 and online does not affect, self-persuasion is stupid.

f
firkax 20.01.23

The game physics has 25 fps (no more and no less, the engine is not designed for other values), it makes no sense to draw extra identical frames. But for some reason, the check that they are not drawn by default is only in the single (there drawing and physics are combined, maybe because of this). Only affects the mouse.

j
jaffa bathing cap 20.01.23

Damn, I forgot the most important thing.

Single is not needed.

R
Reosorbilact 20.01.23

firkax
that's exactly what is uncomfortable to play...

R
Reosorbilact 20.01.23

Jaffa's bathing cap
does not affect, but the mouse is peppy there, unlike the single) even if you create a multiplayer, then it's peppy there too. Strange, in short

3m3m 20.01.23

Reosorbilakt
raznici 0

R
Reosorbilact 20.01.23

3m3m
the trick is that in online and single you can feel the difference. try it yourself)

3m3m 20.01.23

Reosorbilakt
ping est ji

D
Doberman 20.01.23

You can raise fps even up to 1000, but it will be visible only when the cursor is moving, it will be smoother and faster, and everything else will be at 25fps.
P.S firk noob, does not know why in d2 you need a big fps.

gilde helps for normal fps work.

R
Reosorbilact 20.01.23

Dobermn
this is what I need for the cursor) Can you tell me how to do this?

D
Doberman 20.01.23

Reosorbilakt
download glide wrapper for d2, make a video test, select glide there, then in the shortcut properties keys -nohide -glide -3dfx -w
using glide and fullscreen and the window will display original graphics with FPS norms, without abbreviations.

R
Reosorbilact 20.01.23

Thank
you very much Doberman

J
Jovie Jov 20.01.23

Reosorbilakt wrote:
Is it possible to somehow raise the FPS in a single?
And why raise the FPS above 25 at all, if the human eye sees no more than 24 frames? KEKW

S
Sweety_Mustard 20.01.23

Jovie Jov
is a myth.

k
kelnorim 20.01.23

The myth is not a myth, but in d2 a little sense.