3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Salyarych 20.01.23 01:35 pm

Flickering shadows at 4k resolution (Assassin's Creed: Valhalla)

I updated my PC, I wanted to replay my favorite toys on the ultra graph.
The choice fell first on Valhalla.
In the settings, everything is turned to the maximum, resolution 4k, resolution scale 200%.
In the game at 4k resolution, shadows begin to twitch. At native resolution 2k, with the same settings - everything is fine.
It is useless to make screenshots, since this video needs to be shot.
What could be the problem? How can this be corrected? Maybe there is a fix? Or is there something in the settings?
Other games don't have this problem.

R5 5600x
16 GB RAM
RTX 4080
Monitor 2k 144Hz.

---------------------
I did not receive an adequate answer. I found the solution myself.
The problem was solved by installing a reshade and adjusting the shadows in the reshade itself.
7 Comments
Sort by:
B
BDmitriy 20.01.23

Salyarych
Well, playing on a monica 2k in 4k, as for me, is strange. I think this is where the artifacts come from.

s
slipnot6 20.01.23

BDmitriy
Given that he also has a resolution scale of 200%. screwed up, then it's not 4k, but all 8 ...
It's called "I bought a video card, but I didn't buy it to understand the graphics settings."

E
Evil in the flash 20.01.23

Slipnot6
4k on a 2k monitor is it DSR?

p
potter790 20.01.23

Salarych wrote:
What could be the problem?
Salyarych wrote:
Monitor 2k 144 Hz.
Set your native resolution and don't torture your ass. )
Nothing flickers there in 4K if the monitor is 4K. Moreover, I will say that nothing flickers in the Odyssey, and in general nothing flickers anywhere. There is only one game that flickers in 4K, in which the sky flickers, the textures flicker in places, because of the ultra-sharpness, this is Fall4. Maybe Fall76 has the same engine there, but it's not certain, I don't have it.

s
slipnot6 20.01.23

Evil in the flash
Most likely - he is the one.

S
Salyarych 20.01.23

Evil in the flash
Yes, DSR.
Slipnot6
potter790 Why should
I understand them? I turned it on ultra and that's it.
I just tried to connect 4k resolution in Odyssey - everything works fine, no artifacts. In Valhalla, on 4k, it eats only about 11 GB of memory, but shadows twitch, even in cutscenes.
Your irony here without a drop of advice, except for standard resolution, is out of place. I installed a reshade, adjusted the shadows, the flickering of the shadows was gone.
PS
The goal was just to see how it is on the most twisted graphics settings. There is no difference between 2k and 4k on my monitor. I returned the native resolution of 2k, so there is more fps.

p
potter790 20.01.23

Salyarych wrote:,
on 4k, it eats only about 11 GB of memory, Too much
, in 4K it doesn’t eat even seven. On ultras. )

Salyarych wrote:
There is no special difference between 2k and 4k on my monitor.
Where should she come from? )