3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Glebchia 20.01.23 01:42 pm

Texture bug (Cyberpunk 2077)

The problem is in the game in different places, the textures seem to crumble into squares on the screens of houses, the wheels of the car when moving, shadows. Video card RX6600 Proc R5 3600. Firewood is the newest. Checked on different settings and with fsr and without

1 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 20.01.23

I don’t quite understand what it is, but either the simplified translucency algorithm is used there. those are transparency with a gradation of 0-1 like a travon, but to simulate translucency, it goes into a pixel checkerboard in a checkerboard pattern. (The Witcher 3 and RDR 2 uses this type of vicious. In kb, then the hair seems to be like that)
in theory, this is treated with high resolution and screen density when you can’t see pixels, or super anti-aliasing like msaa if it is in the game, or upscaling and downscaling physical when you run above or below the resolution of your monitor and the monitor will have to make soap out of these pixels.
the second option is artifacts like trails, when I leave ghosts behind objects as they move, this is enhanced due to low FPS reflection in the screen space and adjusting the temporal or some other on the basis of past frames.
all this is not a problem with the driver and the video card,
if the artifacts are of a different kind, then perhaps these are some kind of problems on the part of the card or GPU.