3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Pirat13666 20.01.23 01:51 pm

AVX2 (Silent Hill 2)

Silent Hill 2 Remake is a game that many have been waiting for, but still very worried about the support for AVX2 instructions. I'm sure not all processors support these instructions.
Also, if someone has leaks of information about this, then write here.
9 Comments
Sort by:
b
barabear 20.01.23

Oh my god, the game needs to support instructions that are supported by 10 year old pros, how come...

P
Pirat13666 20.01.23

barabear
Because a lot of players (including me) are on Sandy/Ivy bridge and Xeon, which still allow us to achieve normal performance in modern games.

P
Pavel Rally 20.01.23

Pirat13666
Minimum requirements on Steam:
Processor: Intel Core i5-8400 | AMD Ryzen 3 3300X
RAM: 12 GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon RX 5700 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
DirectX: Version 12
Disk Space: 50 GB

P
Pirat13666 20.01.23

Pavel Rally
Minimum system requirements Gotham Knights:
Minimum requirements
Operating system: 64-bit Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i5-9600K (3.7 GHz) / AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (3.60 GHz)
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti / AMD Radeon RX 590
RAM: 8 GB
Disk space: 45 GB
DirectX: 12.0
--
AVX2 is not required. Without RTX, the game produces normal FPS, although the game has terrible optimization.
So the requirements are not yet a fact.

O
Oak Sorcerer 20.01.23

What is the meaning of the topic? Well, whether there is a requirement or not, no one can change anything here. If you need these instructions, you will either have to take it for granted, or become a programmer and do what you need.

P
Pirat13666 20.01.23

OakSorcerer
At first it was impossible to play Uncharted without AVX2, but the players raised a "revolt" and the developers released a patch, after which everyone played great and everything pulled. So the creation of such topics matters.
No need to sleep and let everything take its course. With this success, only the latest processors will be supported soon. If people agree with one requirement, they will move on. Marketing and ignorance know no bounds.
I have a fairly powerful processor (I7 2600K). It will not yield to the pure power of the Intel Core i5-8400.

K
Kuzko 20.01.23

I think it is unlikely that there will be AVX2, and in general it is unlikely that it will become mandatory in games. percent with it was in the minimum systems even in remakes of the 2nd and 3rd Resident and like Village and many other games, and yet it was not used there or was used only by those who have it, and it is unlikely that they will start it at all use because AVX1 is no worse, more precisely, they are almost the same, so they won’t switch to it, AVX2, like AVX-512, is more needed for developers and emulators, and in Ancharted 4th it was a mistake of the port developers that they were at the original release accidentally made AVX2 mandatory. probably when developing and testing the port this function was used, therefore they then patched it. For games, the usual AVX1 is quite fine, or without it at all, if possible.

P
Pirat13666 20.01.23

Kuzko
I completely agree with you. For games, it is not needed, or not as important as some people try to impose it.

E
Evil in the flash 20.01.23

Pirat13666
Come on, he won't give in. It normally drains him like that, and with good acceleration.