3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
BlackTeAnton 20.01.23 02:53 pm

Wizard Imba (Baldur's Gate 3)

At the fifth level, you can take acceleration, one more die of damage is given to the fire projectile, and there is also metamagic. That is, it's 10*2*2*2 , the sorcerer deals 8 to 80 damage per turn, spending only two points of sorcery, except for the acceleration itself.
7 Comments
Sort by:
B
BlackTeAnton 20.01.23

But there are a lot of sorcery points, just because we don’t need spells. Default is 5, 4 from 1st spell level and 6 from 2nd. For 6 turns, it will be possible to keep an average of 44 damage per turn.

B
BlackTeAnton 20.01.23

And with the help of metamagic, you can buff not only yourself, but also Wil. At level 5, he deals 10*2+6*2+3*2, which is from 10 to 38 damage per turn, i.e. 24 on average. Multiply by acceleration and it turns out that Will deals 48 damage per turn for 10 turns. Together with the sorcerer 92.

v
versir 20.01.23

Imba is a rogue until 4 patches. Imba - 4th caste cloud of daggers. Imba - any ranged abusive hide. Imba is a Smythe paladin. And here I see something from the category of meh. With the same pleasure, you can throw fireballs with metamagic, and then you can go for a long rest. Something is wrong in the mb calculations, since I calculated that the overroll is d10 + d10 by the first cast and another d10 + d10 by the second, which results in a maximum of 40 damage = almost one fireball, but only on one target.
If you take into account partners, then in this case 4 clouds of daggers will be much more useful. Yes, spending cells, Yes, it requires concentration, but a full-fledged SS and no overkill.

B
BlackTeAnton 20.01.23

versir
Yes, two casts due to the haste spell, but metamagic doubles them, and the spell itself does 2d10 damage, 80 max. And these 80 can be applied within 6 moves. How many fireball moves can you throw?

B
BlackTeAnton 20.01.23

versir
If you pump all the sorcery points into the 3rd circle of spells and throw double fireballs, then just 3 moves are enough. And this is 16d4 , i.e. from 16 to 64 , 40 damage on average per turn. Well, yes, the same powerful 120 damage and burn out. In my case, the burnout occurs after 264 damage. Fireball is better in damage per second, but fire projectile is more economical, playing as a sorcerer comes down to what is more profitable? Fireball or fireball? And the sorcerer doesn’t need anything else, the rest of the spells and other spellcasters do not reach the damage of the sorcerer, only the sorcerer will be stronger if another caster imposes an acceleration on him.

B
BlackTeAnton 20.01.23

If we talk about the whole squad. You can double the combination of Wizard + Will (sorcerer) if you play non-plot characters. So it turns out that for 6 turns, on average, a squad deals 184 damage per turn. How clouds of daggers can be more useful is not clear to me.

B
BlackTeAnton 20.01.23

Only sorcerers burn out, their damage is halved, for sorcerers it remains the same for another 4 moves. That is, the squad continues to deal 140 damage per turn. If it's just you and Will, that's 70 damage per turn. But here already imbost in the sorcerer under acceleration.