3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Diver7 20.01.23 03:00 pm

How to protect your laptop from dust?

My laptop is 2 years old and recently I cleaned the cooler and changed the thermal paste in the service center. The performance of the processor and viduha has increased significantly, but over time, the dust will accumulate again. Here's how to protect it?
15 Comments
Sort by:
P
Prophet_92 20.01.23

Diver7
about performance is nonsense, there is no way to protect it, circulation is needed for cooling, there is circulation, there is dust, the law of nature

D
Diver7 20.01.23

Prophet_92If the computer is heated, then its performance drops if you did not know.

P
Prophet_92 20.01.23

Diver7 is
delusional nonsense, if the computer overheats, it just freezes or goes into reboot, if you didn't know.

M
Metal Eagle Returns 20.01.23

Therefore, I always strictly tell everyone to buy laptops in which the cover is removed in the ventilation area so that it can be easily cleaned.

If you managed to buy a laptop that needs to be completely disassembled for cleaning from dust - the fools themselves. Run every year to the service center.

D
Diver7 20.01.23

Metal Eagle Returns And you know why some manufacturers do this so that it is not customary for any smart guy to clean it himself, let alone change the thermal paste.

M

Diver7

Yes. Remove the cover, unscrew the two screws from the cooler, clean it. No matter how the brains from such a difficult process do not boil.

What the hell is their business, will I ruin my laptop or not? I bought mine. Let's go fuck. Ruining the warranty is my business. I know for sure that I will never buy a laptop in my life that I cannot clean myself. Or rather, I can clean it, but I won’t risk unscrewing the whole laptop to hell. The maximum that I did was change the matrix, DVD drive, video card and clean it from dust.

a
andrshpa 20.01.23

That's what the author of the topic was hoping for? He probably thought that there was some kind of way to protect against dust, which everyone knows, but they keep it under seven seals. There is air - there is dust. Work in a clean room where processors are made.
And you don't have to go to the service. For cleaning, you need 2 screwdrivers, a tube of thermal paste and at least one relatively straight arm growing above the waist, i.e. not from experience. Remove the cover, remove the CO, clean it from dust, remove the thermal paste with a cotton swab and apply a new one, install the CO, close the cover. Difficult?

And yes, when processors overheat, throttling starts, i.e. percent skips cycles, and because of this lag. And in order for the computer to go into a reboot - this should already be a temperature strongly over 100.

r
redfox2013 20.01.23

mini-vacuum cleaner and air cleaner to help,

r
redfox2013 20.01.23

Metal Eagle Returns
And what are you going to clean up with them? Dust forms a very dense lump on the inside of the radiator that you can't get out in any way. Just climb inside.
then you need to avoid such a state

M

redfox2013

Useless. To avoid dust sediment, you need to suck the dust out of the radiator 24 hours a day. And personally, I wouldn’t dare to screw the air cleaner directly into the radiator.

r
redfox2013 20.01.23

Metal Eagle Returns
I'm sorry, but the sediment occurs (cleanly, not where they clean it, but where they don't litter it). I am with systems with i286. about dust and other signs, at home 3books, once a month blowing and extracting (dell 1545 3 years) did a complete cleaning once, and even then because of the paste, it is enough in beeches, just for 3 years, and so when parsing on a bag dell, there was only a small raid on the blades. what to (fuck) http://www.nix.ru/autocatalog/cleaning/Defender_CLN30802_4313.html

D
DrZoiberg 20.01.23

Diver7
try not to turn on the laptop, then it will not become clogged with dust ...
but in essence, buy a cooling pad with a dust collector, well, and a can of compressed air to purge such units ......

S
SUSUL1 20.01.23

You take a vacuum cleaner with 2.5 kW of suction, put it into the laptop grill and it pulls everything out, then turn on the reverse and it knocks everything out through other slots =)
The vacuum cleaner is power!

m
max2353 20.01.23

There is one way, of course, it won’t protect it from dust at all, but it will be many times less, take it and put on blowing a mosquito net or a piece of fabric from women’s tights, but the mosquito net still lets air through better, but it will let in more dust.

h
hyper1 20.01.23

Diver7
do regular house cleaning and buy a humidifier. no other given