3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
KiWi444 20.01.23 03:03 pm

FPS drops in the game to 5-15 for a while, then returns to normal

Please help, the laptop Acer nitro 5
Gtx1650
amd Ryzen 5
FPS drops to 5-15 for a while, then it bounces back, changed the thermal paste, installed the ssd disk, reinstalled windows. I don't know what to do, I'll add a video.
13 Comments
Sort by:
K
KiWi444 20.01.23

Please help

m
mxin 20.01.23

Check the power supply, it may not be a stable voltage of 12 volts, but not in the BIOS, but by the tester itself.

K
KiWi444 20.01.23

mxin
I'm from a laptop

K
KiWi444 20.01.23

Or like a charger?

K
KiWi444 20.01.23

And I don't have a tester.

R
Redrumsky 20.01.23

Maybe it's throttling. Turn on the system readings, and see when the drops go, what frequencies the processor has. In general, the girl has a laptop with similar characteristics. The second bar of RAM helped. Dual channel and 16GB fixed the situation. So there are two options here. Throttling, or the laptop does not have enough memory. Well, just look at how your food is set up. In laptops, manufacturers always add settings from themselves.
PS Is it generally such a problem both in the system and in games, or only in samp? Maybe the assembly is wrong...

K
KiWi444 20.01.23

So in all games that need a bit of performance

K
KiWi444 20.01.23

Can you tell me what drops are?

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

KiWi444
KiWi444 wrote:
...what are drops?
Moments of performance drop. They can appear for various reasons, for example, overheating or the CPU "does not take out" the video card (especially in online games). To find out more precisely, display on the screen during the game the monitoring of the load on the bundle (MSI Afterburner, etc.) - loading of components, frequency, temperature (the more indicators, the better). At the processor, it is desirable that the load on all cores / threads be visible. Record this (or other similar) program video with testimony and post it here.
Example:

K
KiWi444 20.01.23

Okay, I'll do a little later and record a video

K
KiWi444 20.01.23

Here, as I understand it, it all comes from temperature, because at the time of subsidence the temperature is 97 degrees

K
KiWi444 20.01.23

I changed the thermal paste on the laptop, smeared it with a thin layer of fps drops, it seems to have passed, and there are no 97 degrees on the monitoring, I shot from a place where there are most people

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

KiWi444
KiWi444 wrote:
...as I understand it all comes from the temperature, because at the time of subsidence the temperature is 97 degrees
Yes, when the temperature approaches a certain threshold (for a CPU it is usually about 100 degrees Celsius), throttling begins.
I changed the thermal paste on the laptop, smeared a thin layer of fps drops, it seems to have passed, and there are no 97 degrees on monitoring, I shot from a place where there are most people ...
If there are no drops in places where there are a lot of players, then the system has enough performance, but the problem is was due to overheating.
PS Learn how to use the recording in Afterburner itself (I have an example in a previous post, under the spoiler). It is also visible from an external device, but when the frame goes to the side, and even more so when it turns, it is not convenient to watch.