3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
mxin 20.01.23 03:05 pm

GTX 970 RPM setting question

In general, in a new case and with a new hardware for me, I decided to experiment, I really liked the low temperatures, relative to what it was, and I wanted to lower it, and so it turns the cooler by only 63%, this is how it was intended, or you need to set the value manually , and if anyone knows, then the constant load on the cooler, let's say at 85%, breaks them, or will the card live another 10 years?
6 Comments
Sort by:
M
MONKAM 20.01.23

mxin
Not desirable, set the cooler automatically through msi autobanner, what you have in idle time is 35-38 and not 32 degrees the card will not kill

P
Pirat13666 20.01.23

mxin
You have a very old video card. I also had this and died 2 years ago, my friends also have a profitable state.
I recommend not experimenting with her, believe me, she does not have long left in her life cycle

m
mxin 20.01.23

MONKAKH
I just saw where, even on such a strongly accelerating one, they achieved 42 degrees, at 100% load.

m
mxin 20.01.23

Pirat13666
Well, yes, in the year 14 he took it for 24k, but while he lives, I think he will still last until he makes noise, does not artifact.

M
MONKAM 20.01.23

mxin
You shouldn't overclock it, I didn't do such experiments with my 1060 6 gb, so I'm still alive)))

M
MunchkiN 616 20.01.23

you can try to adjust the curve for the msi afterburner so that 60-70 degrees is 100% rpm. if your card is physically locked at about 60 percent rpm (turbines seem to have a maximum of 3000 rpm), maybe some kind of cool bios flasher can fix this, but it can be simple if the card is not a reference, this is a special limitation and bypassing it simply leads to the removal of fan motors . (it’s just that you won’t be able to do it like an MSI afterburner or something like that)
and overclocking in general and overclocking in particular with an old card seems crazy to me, and strong overclocking is a long stability test and faster degradation of the card for 10-15% performance.