3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
p
promt1 20.01.23 03:17 pm

Mag. They kill with one shot from a bow. (The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)

Hello.

I play as a mage on the highest difficulty level. Level 40. Health points are approximately 200. There is an "Iron Flesh", which gives 160 armor.

But regardless of whether I turn on the "iron flesh" or not, most (if not all) archers kill me with one shot.

It's very stressful. Actually, the question is how to avoid this? Maybe the archers use some kind of poison when shooting? Why are their shots so powerful?

Or do I have so few health points that only increasing them will correct the situation?
22 Comments
Sort by:
L
Largo Winch 20.01.23

Nauticus
I play a warrior in heavy armor lvl 70, 2500 armor, all combat skills are full, blacksmithing, full enchantment, armor is naturally enchanted and improved to the maximum ... I meet an ordinary marauder in a leather jacket with an iron two-handed weapon and the fight with him takes place as an equal opponent =) Dude - this is a legendary level of difficulty, if you want to take out almost all enemies from the 1st hit, put on improved dark brotherhood armor, download stealth, single-shot weapons, blacksmithing, enchantment and don't leave stealth =) In general, the right mage demolishes everything in its path ... read the guides and builds ...

PS joke or not, but I read somewhere that one person Karstaga took out with 3 blows ... on the legend ...

p
promt1 20.01.23

Largo Winch
Thank you, now it's clear to me that it's all about the legendary difficulty level, and not something else :)

I'm not complaining about the passage, but it was the fact of killing with one shot that was somewhat alarming. Guides and builds are, of course, good, but I try not to resort to them unless absolutely necessary. It's like cheating on a neighbor's test. The result will be, but the pleasure in the process is not that)

m
mad wolf 20.01.23

iron flesh is pure complacency, the damage that iron and even ebonite without perks is reduced slightly.
with three perks for strength, ebony is already somehow noticeable, but it still lets through about three times more damage than dragonskin or the maximum (567+) level of armor.

and the shots of many archers are powerful due to the fact that the game counts backstabs and critical hits for them, so the damage is not weak there even without the legendary.
while there is no normal armor - cast an attronach (or rather a dremorlord) in front of you to collect arrows on yourself, do not be lazy to recast if he fell behind and ended up behind his back.

p
promt1 20.01.23

mad wolf
Thank you for your reply.

I play as a pure mage and don't plan on armor yet... And atronachs - of course, of course :)

B
Bianor 20.01.23

On the legendary, some draugr warlords or heather hearts whistle a dremora lord with a single arrow, not to mention an atronach, so not an option at all. It's good when such a shooter_with_railgun is set to pursue, in this case mines help, that is, runes placed in his path of movement with the hero constantly retreating behind cover. Otherwise, it’s better not to waste magic on summoning goofs and gouge the enemy with classic lightning - it’s more difficult for the enemy to dodge them than fireballs.
Ideally, pump destruction to knock over the enemy when casting from two hands and enchant underwear to reduce the cost of destruction spells in order to beat longer without a break to restore magic. Then you can score with balls almost point-blank without fear of shelling. Again, the atronach sign for magicians is positively indicated for use.

m
mad wolf 20.01.23

I play as a pure magician and I don’t plan on armor yet ...
well, I was the first Persian, in ancient times, I also went, "by nature a magician." dragon skin (a master spell that gives the maximum level of protection) with a perk for duration and cast from two hands lasts 99 seconds - this is enough for most fights.
with health of 200 on master difficulty, she was enough to catch two arrows from ebony bows from tough draugrs in a row and still survive. on the legendary difficulty, the damage arrives 1.5 times more than on the master, so the health of the last Persians has been added.
Well, still, I switched to armor - with dragonborn enchantment / crafting, you can score 567+ and without perks in the armor skill, it removes the headache with dragon recasts.

On a Legendary, some Draugr Warlords or Briarhearts whistle a Dremora Lord with a single arrow. Turning
on the Legendary has no effect on how many arrows it takes to take out your Dremolord.

p
promt1 20.01.23

Bianor
In my opinion, runes are not a very effective thing... When retreating, I prefer balls or lightning bolts - they last longer and "knock over" with pumping.

Ideally, pump destruction to knock over the enemy when casting from two hands and enchant underwear to reduce the cost of destruction spells in order to beat longer without a break to restore magic.
Exactly, that's the direction I'm heading in. The only thing is that I haven’t touched the enchantment branch at all yet, usually I just “wait” for the necessary things to appear in the store (or I accidentally find them).

By the way, I recently enchanted the ring, it turned out "destruction magic spends 9% less mana." And how many percent would it have turned out with a fully pumped "enchantment" branch?

mad wolf
Thank you, informative.

m
mad wolf 20.01.23

In my opinion, runes are not very effective..
runes are very effective when used correctly - due to homing, lack of flight time, damage value and effect on the group.
disadvantage is the lack of tipping.
convenient to cast around the corner. or under your feet, for example, when you run away from a bear that suddenly runs out.

spends 9% less mana". And how many percent would it have turned out with a fully pumped "enchantment" branch?
just pumping enchantment to 100 with all perks on the middle branch gives -25% to the cost of destruction without the use of elixirs. That is, from four items you get zero cost of destruction and something else (perk for two effects)
With elixirs, pumped alchemy and some perseverance, it turns out a little higher, -29%.
And with all the power-ups available in Dragonborn -43%.
(I don’t consider a cheat hole that gives unlimited alchemy - there is no limit there and it breaks the game).

p
promt1 20.01.23

mad wolf
i.e. with four items you get zero cost of destruction
How is it - zero?

runes are very effective when used correctly - due to homing
. I don't understand what kind of homing?

m
mad wolf 20.01.23

How is it - zero?
zero - this is any destruction spell with four clothes on -25% to the cost of destruction spells is cast for 0 mana, since the costs are reduced by 4x25% = 100%.

I don't get it, what is homing?
you just need to stick the rune on some surface near the enemy's path.
as the enemy enters the radius of destruction - the rune works.
Those. you don’t need to aim at the enemy accurately - just throw a rune somewhere near him - on the floor, on the wall, on the column ... The capture radius is quite large there, it often turns out to throw runes to the archers without appearing in the area under fire.

B
Bianor 20.01.23

The Flame Atronach occasionally has a rune effect - when the one who soaked it remains in place, and does not run away to hell. It’s good to cast an atronach through the bars or behind a locked door - while he is alive, he hits enemies with fire, when they wet him, he explodes. But in a dynamic battle with evading an attack, with maneuvering, such a trick does not work, as the enemies wet it instantly and manage to run away.

D
D.Artist 20.01.23

Walk in heavy armor, magician ...
According to the subject of naked magicians, all archers are brought down even on the master,
playing on a difficulty higher than a beginner, it is generally not
recommended to walk naked. I myself went through Sky as a vampire magician
in a robe on the Master, I had to excel wildly, right now I'm playing
a black man pumped up by a magician in heavy. armor with a two-handed ax
on the legendary, only dragons cause inconvenience, and that
is extremely rare.

L
Largo Winch 20.01.23

in general, that in the field, that in skyrim, all normal magicians go to heavy (and this, in my opinion, sucks, because there is no class wagering), they enchant themselves, etc. I just don’t know what interest the author of the topic is to play on the legend in a robe, it’s more likely not an interest, but a waste of my nerves, if I have 2500 armor and a fully pumped warrior I can barely pull 2 ​​draugr commanders, and if they also shoot ebonite arrows, this in general, the ass is full, 2-3 shots and I'm gone ... As for pumping enchantment - hmm ... in my opinion, if you go honestly, then this skill swings the fastest, rivet iron daggers in the forge and enchant them, then sell them. ..in this way you will immediately download blacksmithing, enchantment, eloquence, well, you will save money =) each enchanted dagger costs an average of 100 coins =)

m
mad wolf 20.01.23

in general, that in the cloud, that in skyrim all normal magicians go to heavy
, someone deceived you about the cloud - there normal magicians go without glands at all or only with a shield behind their backs.
because metal armor there affects the level of illusion spells (well, the damage of others, which is not critical).
However, at the same time, the armor class of magicians can be maximum - there are rags stronger than a piece of iron :)

if I have 2500 armor,
then this is no better for Dovahkiin than 567 armor or a cast dragon skin spell.

each enchanted dagger costs an average of 100 coins =)
depending on what you enchant. if by Exile (available from level 22 from sellers) - then you lost a zero in price :)

p
promt1 20.01.23

Thanks to all.

So my enchantment is under 70, but the branch itself is untouched. Somehow it happened that it did not pull to develop it. Maybe in vain.

About the armor. In Oblivion - and this was the first acquaintance with the TES series - he also played as a pure magician, but in light armor. And then - it happened out of ignorance. At that time I didn't even imagine that it was possible to walk in some "rags". As a result, a rather strong character turned out, but there was a jamb with the amount of health of the enemies. Surely, you know what we are talking about: it was not necessary to "lean" on pumping (it seems) endurance, then the health of the enemies would not grow exponentially. So even relatively weak enemies I had to kill for a long time and tediously.

To be honest, then I don’t understand why the “mage” class is needed, if it’s possible to play it normally only by putting on armor. I chose a Breton mage and basically played without armor, without using cheats or deceptive boosts. At first, of course, it was very difficult. Right now, it's noticeably easier, but sometimes, a "stray arrow" that hits and instant death causes not the most joyful feelings) What does wearing heavy armor affect there? - On the speed of walking / running and movements (ie, the speed of "casting" spells)?
So far, all this is not annoying enough for me to take and resort to wearing armor. Although everything is possible.

m
mad wolf 20.01.23

it turned out to be a pretty strong character, but there was a jamb with the amount of health of the enemies. Surely, you know what we are talking about: it was not necessary to "lean" on pumping (it seems) endurance, then the health of the enemies would not grow exponentially.
actually, the health of the enemies in Oble does not depend on the stats of the Persian in any way, it depends only on his level ... i.e. downloading a Persian above level 30 is not loving yourself. (thirty is needed for maximum rewards for quests and getting all the necessary stats of 100 each)

then I don’t understand why the “mage” class is needed, if it’s possible to play it normally only by putting on armor.
There are no classes in Skyrim.
And there is practically no penalty for armor - only a penalty for the consumption of stamina from the weight of the armor, and there are two ways to reset this weight, plus the lack of interest in stamina for the magician and the magical stamina healer.
A magician without iron armor, purely in rags, is quite viable - it's just more convenient to walk in maximum armor (567+) than to regularly cast dragon skin :)
Non-maxed armor is worse than dragon skin for everyone.

L
Largo Winch 20.01.23

mad wolf
here now I have a question...
I don’t want to argue about magicians in heavy and I won’t, I see that you are one of those who know what they say, I just saw 10 years of plays, articles and guides where people tell and show how to swing through various systems like 5-5-5...etc. what do they talk about magicians and in the end everyone chooses heavy ones in the region ... however, let's omit this covering of facts ...
I also know about the expulsion, but it doesn’t make much sense, because the merchants won’t have so much money ...
I’m more interested in the question relatively - if I have 2500 armor,
then this is no better for Dovakin than 567 armor or a cast dragon skin spell.
why is that?

m
mad wolf 20.01.23

show how to swing through different systems like 5-5-5...etc. what do they talk about magicians and in the end everyone chooses heavy in the region .. that's
right - according to the 5-5-5 scheme, heavy in the region is useful for building up health, and in the first ~ 14 levels. but that doesn't mean that a heavy is used by a mage on "combat" missions or that when building on training rats, something other than an iron shield or gloves is used :)

no better than 567 armor, why is that?
because for GG, the damage reduction by armor is limited to playing from above by 80%.
plus when wearing armor, an undisplayed bonus is given
as a result, we get that with the displayed protection of 567 for four items of armor (cuirass, gloves, hat, boots), the threshold of 80% just happens, everything that is higher usually does not improve anything.

Strictly speaking, there are situations in the game when then 567 is not enough: NPC bosses have perks for breaking through armor with clubs, if combined with the presence of a hammer in their hands, the presence of ~1200 armor will be harmless. but just bosses with clubs / hammers are usually not terrible for a magician, they can’t stupidly run and die in the camp. And the magician is strained by armor mainly by archers, who do not have a perk to break through armor and against whom 567 is enough for a cap.

Well, if you roleplay a moron without a helmet, in a diadem, then the hidden bonus will be lower and for the 80% threshold you need ~ 592 armor in the three remaining items, in well-forged armor it is gained without problems.

I also know about exile, but it doesn’t make much sense, because the traders will not have so much money ...
the traders will have materials for pumping blacksmithing, ebony weapons / armor for it, large soul stones (which are very unprofitable to spend on a dagger of 100 coins) ...
Well, the presence in the backpack of a supply of knives with exile sharply repels hamsterism - you already throw all sorts of cheap garbage glands where you find them, ..

u
usoid 20.01.23

In the field, the presence of armor on the mage affects many parameters of spells, such as the duration of the summoned item or assistant. No wonder people did not throw prison handcuffs out of inventory. For only they did not give a penalty for magic and could additionally be enchanted for a decent cuteness.

B
Bianor 20.01.23

mad wolf
someone deceived you about oblu - there normal magicians go without pieces of iron at all or only with a shield behind their backs.
Proof to the studio. I want to see a battle mage from Obla in a robe and with a shield behind his back. Without mods.
Normal battle mages in Obla wear heavy armor - steel or imperial, and differ from ordinary warriors only in a hood instead of a helmet.

However, at the same time, the armor class of magicians can be maximal - there are rags stronger than a piece of iron there :)
Sometimes, only for this you need to cast three items on the shield with maximum sigils to reach the armor ceiling of 85%. And three clothes, that's a lot. Because you still need to cast for the absorption of magic, preferably up to 100%, which is already seven items of 15% each, as well as an increase in the main combat skill and strength. So completely without armor, whatever one may say, it is impractical even in Oble.