3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Teacher_Truda 20.01.23 03:21 pm

Sound problems in Next gen version (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

So happy I installed The Witcher 3 v4.00 (a.k.a. Next gen). Even watched the initial introductory videos. Already the menu began to smell of something rotten. There is no music. Moreover, if Geralt meditates in the location of the DLC "Hearts of Stone", then there is the sound of metal creaking (the gate sways in the background).
Well, I thought, I started a new game, looked at the splash screen. The cut-scene begins, where Geralt takes a bath, and there is no sound here either. No voice, no footsteps, etc.
When they let me walk, I went to the balcony and then suddenly, I heard sounds. Only not in headphones ... but in speakers. It was the sounds of birds and Ciri exercising.
I have looked all over the forums and have not found a solution to the problem.
Many complained about the 5.1 system, etc., that it should be switched to stereo. I already have a stereo (and this seems to apply to speakers).
Unchecked the headphone properties: Exclusive mode: "Allow applications to use the device in exclusive mode"
In the properties of the headphones in the "Advanced" tab, I selected all possible default formats.
Please help, because I so wanted to hear the corrected voice acting.
Controller or driver - High Definition Audio Device.
UPD: Problem solved. It turned out that not all mods were removed. I advise everyone to demolish the mods for playing on Next gen.
3 Comments
Sort by:
E
Evolv_X 20.01.23

Same problem with sound. And it doesn’t matter if there are mods or not, as long as version 1.32 is on, everything works, as soon as the update is installed, problems with sound immediately begin. Twice already tried to install everything from scratch, zero reaction. I don't know how to solve the problem yet...
UPD: I solved the problem, deleting/renaming the folders (GOG GamesThe Witcher 3 Wild Huntcontent) patch0 and pathch1 helped me.

E
Evolv_X 20.01.23

UPD_2:
Deleting/renaming patch0 and pathch1, fixes the problem but not completely, there is no sound in the voice acting in the
DLC "Hearts of Stone" and "Blood and Wine", and this is not fixed in the old way, replacing "rupc.w3speech", which is actually understandable after all, the Russian voice acting was shoveled. Although if you change the localization to English in the settings, there is still no voice acting.
There are also some problems with the sound in the main plot, during the cut-scenes, the background music of the advising location plays at the same volume level, and if this is a dialogue, then it is hard to perceive.
So the problem is still relevant, and requires help for a normal solution.

S
SoulsTrader1337 26.01.23

The same problem, tried to reinstall the rupc.wspeech files, but the sound does not work at all
. I have a license of the original game and spiraled add-ons, there were no problems before the next update. And here in the locations of blood and wine there is no sound of dialogues at all, and in the start menu there is no song "moths sleep in the field". In general, I do not know what the problem is, I rummaged through everything that is possible, I did not find a solution.