3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
serfly 20.01.23 03:32 pm

Windows 7 won't boot on B660M

I have MSI B660M-Pro DDR4, i3-12100f, mem 16Gb. Win 11 Pro. I decided to put the old Win7 on another disk, I'm suffering for the second day. The bootable flash drive is working (repeatedly loaded from it to the old computer). The 1st stage goes well, after removing the flash drive and rebooting, everything hangs on the phrase starting windows, there is not even a four-color windows logo. I thought that Vin11 does not let the seven, unhooked the disk, reinstalled it, the same thing. I created another USB flash drive with WinPE Sergey Strelec, launched it, during the installation, the copying of files was suspiciously fast. At the 2nd stage, Windows starts, updates the registry files, auto-restarts and again hangs on starting windows, but with a colored logo. After a forced reboot, startup options are offered, I choose any, the drivers are loading and it hangs on this screen. UEFI now sees 2 boot managers, on different drives. Win11 starts CHKDSK. Maybe there is some way to still shove the seven?
10 Comments
Sort by:
E
Evil in the flash 20.01.23

serfly The
question is purely hypothetical. Even if it was installed, where were you going to get drivers for it? And the second question. Why do you need to install such antiquity in the face of Windows 7, which is not optimized for modern hardware?

s
serfly 20.01.23

Evil in the flash Drivers are looking for the main Driver Booster, there is a usb 3.0, network, sound is not a problem. It’s just that many old games are only for 7-ku, and new ones, for example, Elea (2022) didn’t start for me. and on 7-ke from half a dozen. It was because of this game that I started this Polovtsian dance. I forgot to say that I turned off Secure boot in BIOS, maybe fast start should be turned off? I just don't know where this function is.

a
airstorm 20.01.23

serfly
There is. Download the m0nkrus Win 7 website. There's even a driver for USB 3.x integrated. Wufuc is also present, as is the KMS activator. His "sevens" are installed without problems on intels of 7-12 generations.
High download speed, fast installation and pleasant use!
PS If suddenly there is a problem with which driver, then do not panic: Snappy Driver Installer Origin will do just fine.

s
serfly 20.01.23

Gentlemen of the forum, the problem remains. Thanks airstorm for the reply. His wishes were fulfilled, but without result. I'm an old schooler, the toad presses, why do others succeed, but I don't? The main reason for the failure of the installation of Vin7 on modern. mat. fee, ihmo, in incomplete copying of files. If you remember, at the 1st stage, copying takes place, and it lasts several minutes, in my case 1-2 seconds, then the installation of the copied files. Here, as usual, 4-5 minutes. Then as usual. At the time of the 1st reboot, I remove the flash drive, the start of Windows starts, and everything stops there. On the disk allocated separately for this OS, there is a bootloader, there is Windows7x64 itself, but the 2nd stage, where they write the name, password, etc. does not open. I think MSI is banning old microsoft products. Does anyone have any ideas or experience? I did not try to clone the finished Windows from other
chipsets.

N
NoneOne2010 20.01.23

tried to copy the installation files to the hard disk and install it from it?

a
airstorm 20.01.23

serfly
Look at the personal. There I painted 3 different options that helped in a similar situation.

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

serfly
serfly wrote:
...At the time of the 1st reboot, I remove the USB flash drive...
If you do not make the USB flash drive in the BIOS (UEFI) the first boot device, but use the one-time boot menu from some device, you can't install the OS? - i.e. after the first reboot of the OS during installation, it is no longer loaded from a USB flash drive, but from the disk on which it is installed. On my motherboard, this menu is called up by holding down the F8 key immediately after turning on / restarting the PC. I don’t know who and how, but I always do it myself, the flash drive is removed after the OS is fully installed and started, using the device extraction menu in the tray.

s
serfly 20.01.23

airstorm, I have Rufus version 3.2.1, do you think there is a plug in it? Disk in GPT, MBR flash drive when you try to boot from it, UEFI immediately rejects. I tried to make that disk in the MBR, and with the
image of the MBR on the flash drive, the same semi-installation. And how to make "NOT UEFI"? In the interface of the motherboard, I have been looking for this parameter for a long time, there is no word Legaci, or I searched badly. In a personal, unfortunately, the screen can not be reset. I'll throw it into the general topic.

s
serfly 20.01.23

Friends, thank you very much!!! Finally got it. The image was taken by msdn Win7 Ulnimate 2020. Booted from WinPE. Changed UEFI to Legacy / UEFI, but boot # 1 still displays uefi / usb key windows7 / part1, well, the 18th time, crossed, launched. Got up. Inet picked up immediately via WiFi. Now I'm loading firewood from Driver Booster 8 Pro. Conclusion: 1) dummies are not sappers. 2) who asks many times, already almost knows the answer himself. 3) if absolutely "oak" do not ask. Good luck to all!

s
serfly 20.01.23

Evil in the flash is right about the drivers. Six months ago, problems were solved within a few hours, during which time windows updates were automatically installed, and drivers appeared. Now, why is it more difficult. But in general, all the functionality of the OS works, which, in general, is what I wanted