3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
u
unused name 20.01.23 03:35 pm

My author's theories (Hollow Knight)

Attention!!! Spoilers possible!!! Conversation in zadrotsko-hk-shnom!!!
Some people had a question: why does GG and a pure vessel, despite their ideality (or near ideality), still move, hit with a nail, cast magic, etc. And it’s logical - a creature without will, feelings and emotions would rather resemble vegetable (here there will be all sorts of links to other theories)
My theory is that all vessels are made from the abyss, and it can be assumed that all vessels are controlled by the abyss. and, following one of the Metal slimer theories (why a hollow knight vessel isn't perfect), even a perfectly hollow vessel can be controlled by someone else, like... an abyss. And since the abyss has been at war with radiance since ancient times, it is the abyss that tries to get rid of radiance by any means with the hands of GG. This change in the theory of Metal slimer can explain the problem of the initial splash screen he raised, exclude from this theory the player, which in the original idea did not look very appropriate, and generally answer the question about the movement of vessels. Why is GG hitting? The abyss is trying to stop the effulgence. Why is GG sitting on the benches? The abyss decided so. GG wears amulets? The abyss makes it easier for itself to "stop the effulgence"
Despite this, I believe that GG is not an ideal vessel because:
1. He did not pass the selection of the pale king.
2. Animation of waiting on the bench. It is not under the control of the player, it does not help the abyss to achieve this goal, therefore, this is the emotion of the GG himself. It is not known whether it is sadness, mourning, longing, or even just boredom, and any of this is a vulnerability to radiance.
I have a couple more guesses:
The clean vessel has an attack that looks and is used as a focus for the GG. It can be assumed that each vessel (without the effect of radiance !!!) has its own unique focus, with a unique effect: for GG it is a treatment, for a clean vessel it is bombs throughout the arena / in a certain radius. Who knows what focus effects other vessels have.
Although likoris said that the abyss is likely to become calm when someone controls it or when it has a purpose. I think that just the opposite is true - the abyss is calm when it has fulfilled its goal (it killed the radiance on the luminous one!) And in the cutscene at the end of the battle with the supreme radiance, the flying out abyss cannot be called calm. As for the control over the abyss, something does not add up here: I said above that the abyss is controlled by the abyss, and if the abyss is controlled by the GG, then the abyss controls itself, so I think that the abyss is calm when it has no purpose.
Pale flower. I think he is capable of destroying the void in any amount, remember the "pale flower" ending and the white lady's phrase "if you knew the nature of this flower, you would keep this flower away from you"
0 Comments
Sort by: