3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
ahanovskiy 20.01.23 03:35 pm

More levels (Valheim)

Has anyone wondered why weapons and armor only have 4 levels? And shields, a rower and a hoe with a hammer are generally only 3 levels.
Why couldn't you make 5 or 6 or 7 levels? Why stop at 4?
For example, an iron halberd has a price of 30+15+30+45. What prevented to give the 5th level for 60?
Or bronze 8+4+8+12. It was possible to continue 16 20 24. Or make the progression no less free, 18 26 36.
It just doesn't make much sense to mine a lot of ore now. I upgraded my cannon to lvl 4 and that's it, you have nowhere else to use the ingots. Is it possible to make arrows, but this is a separate issue. IMHO, in general, there is not much sense from metal arrows, because. it is the bow and skill itself that mainly affects, not the arrow. Well, like an iron bow gives 51 damage, with a wooden +22 it will be 63, with a bronze 73, with an iron 83, such an increase.
What was the problem with adding more levels? I don’t know, maybe they were afraid that the bronze sword of level 5-7 would be too strong and the players would not want to change it to iron? Now bronze level 4 is almost equal to iron level 1, but rather even better. Well, in this case, it seems to me that they could add the requirement of iron and increase the progression of the cost. Like 18 bronze + 2 iron, 26 bronze +4 iron and so on.

In general, kinda boring.
There is a lot of ore in the forests and there is nothing to spend it on, I would not mind digging it and investing it in pumping weapons, but it does not improve above 4 ur anyway.

Another moment
Why do mobs only have 2 stars maximum? Why not 3? It would be better to add some kind of leader of wild boars to the third star, or a leader of deer, but only so that he does not run away, but defends himself, or just be thick-skinned so that he cannot be shot with an arrow. Now even 2 star mobs are very rare. And I would not say that some kind of draugr with an ax or a goblin with a torch with 2 stars is directly invincible, it is quite possible to fill them up with a bow. I generally rejoice when I see two-star draugr or goblins, because. from them stupidly 4 times more resources fall out. For me, it's the opposite of a freebie and not a danger.
What was the problem with making more stars for mobs? Maybe the developers were afraid that by random the first troll they met would be four-star and they would not be able to defeat him? Well, I think it could be done somehow smartly. For example, the longer you play, the more stars the mobs have. Or the more distant the island from the center of the map, the more stars the mobs have and the more often they have stars.
It's hard to fix even with mods. the progression is sharpened by 2 stars. Type health 100 hp, 200 hp 300hp, i.e. a two-star mob is three times thicker than usual, but if there is a 5-star mob in such a progression, then it will have 500 hp, and this is not even twice as much as a three-star mob. At the same time, by default, the loot system simply doubles the drop, and right there it will simply not be fair to get three stacks of bones from some kind of 5-star skeleton, which can be easily killed with a mace.
Probably all this can be somehow configured with mods, but personally I'm too lazy to mess with them. Why didn't the developers do this in the game themselves?
Everything seems somehow unfinished. Only 4 armor levels and 2 stars for mobs. In my opinion, this suggests 7 levels of armor and 5 stars for mobs!

Well, in general, the game seems too simple to me somehow. In the meadows, the maximum who attacks is two graylings, in my opinion I have never seen three, usually they are generally one at a time. And they don't even have stars.
I would like some level of difficulty or something. To have more enemies, they spawned more often, had more stars, and more often raided bases, and longer and more numerous. Now, if there is a fence, then you can simply score on the raid, because it ends in a couple of minutes, and during this time the enemies will not have time to do anything.

Maybe I'm just too good at the game, which is why the sight of a two-star friend and a goblin causes me joy like a child at the sight of candy. But they appear so rarely that it makes me very sad. Also, I always have an abundance of resources, it's not a problem for me to shoot deer for two boxes of skins, or make a whole box of bronze. But ordinary players are probably so lazy that they don’t even upgrade weapons to level 3, because they are too lazy to get resources, as many as 4 more bronze. Some do not even make a sword with a mace and a halberd. and fight with the same things that cut down trees. those. axe. besides 2 levels.

And how do you think it would be necessary to add at least one more level to the weapon? Would you upgrade your sword to level 5? Or do you not upgrade to level 4 because it's expensive?
0 Comments
Sort by: