3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
makarovll 20.01.23 03:49 pm

Poor draw distance in games

I assembled a decent PC for me, but in games the picture is so-so (not like in the video on YouTube for PCs with similar components)

Processor - ryzen5 3600
Video card - rx6650xt gaming oc
Mat. board - msi mpg b550 gaming plus
Power supply - deepcool pf700
RAM - 16GB ADATA XPG Spectrix D60G RGB (didn't overclock, got up to 2667)
Cooler - AeroCool Air Frost 4
HDD - 1tb WD Blue
SSD M2 - Samsung 970 EVO Plus
Monitor - MSI optix 273g(27 inches) 1920:1080

On the first day after assembly, everything in the games seemed to be fine, but after updating the OS, there were problems with graphics and draw distance, as well as problems with drivers. I completely rolled back the computer with reinstalling the OS to the version at the first start, and this time I installed only AMD Software from the drivers (all the rest are standard), but the situation has not changed. The grass in the games is just terrible, everything that is further than 10m is fuzzy and in the stairs with ripples until you get closer, objects appear before your eyes, please tell me why this could be. In games, I set both high and lower settings, but the situation with drawing does not change. In terms of temperatures, everything is also fine, the processor and video card did not heat up more than 65-70.
Also, a couple of times the computer just went out, but after updating the AMD Software driver, this was no longer observed.

14 Comments
Sort by:
m
makarovll 20.01.23

Help me to understand(

E
Evil in the flash 20.01.23

makarovll
And in tests in synthetics, how does the video card behave?

m
makarovll 20.01.23

Evil in the flash
What is synthetic?

S
Sergjiei 20.01.23

makarovll wrote:
On the first day after the build, everything in the games seemed to be fine, but after updating the OS
And why update the OS if everything worked well?

m
makarovll 20.01.23

Sergjiei
A couple of drivers did not work
RGB fusion and Aorus engeen and msi aftuberner. Updated earned, but others stopped

E
Evil in the flash 20.01.23

makarovll
Synthetic GPU tests. FurMark, OCCT for example.

m
makarovll 20.01.23

Evil in the flash
I didn’t check it in stress tests, it’s scary ahah
But in general it keeps the temperature well, the FPS doesn’t jump
Only the throttles are noisy, but as I understand it, many people have it and it doesn’t affect performance in any way

S
Sergjiei 20.01.23

makarovll
If the equipment is normal, then it's not scary.

M
MunchkiN 616 20.01.23

you can try to search for fast drivers for the video card while new ones need to be radically removed.
I saw threads where for some reason some bakers' video cards rendered everything in some kind of poor quality, but with an increase in FPS sometimes.
optionally, I would go to the diver and set everything to maximum quality and force x16 anisotropic filtering of high quality and mipmap quality and transparent filtering if there are such items in the AMD drivers. if not maybe something with the drivers. It's not clear from the screenshots what's going on. if the problem is that the textures are blurred at flat angles, this is an anisotropic filter, and if they lose detail, this is mip mapping, but the latter, in theory, should depend on the engine.

M
Max P 20.01.23

makarovll Did you install
this driver?
Spoiler

m
makarovll 20.01.23

Max P
Yes

m
makarovll 20.01.23

MunchkiN 616
Thank you, the picture got better after filtering was turned on, but such defects as the raster grid from grass reflections and blinking reflections remained, can they be fixed somehow?

m
makarovll 20.01.23

M
MunchkiN 616 20.01.23

makarovll
if this is GTA 5 there were some similar problems with shadows, but I didn’t notice them at the maximum settings and it looks more like some kind of strange bug with reflection. I don't know if it's a specific game or video card issue.
you can try to turn on all sorts of anti-aliasing in the settings, then such artifacts can blur and dissolve with something like temporal anti-aliasing or msaa, but then, of course, depending on the monitor, the game will look more soapy in general. if these artifacts are on top of such a render or blocking objects, then this is already some kind of problem with the driver or video card or the inability of the game to work properly with them.