3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
ISDATE 20.01.23 03:58 pm

Changing graphics and resolution does not affect FPS

Ryzen 5 3600
RX 6700
RAM 16 GB 2666MHz
17 Comments
Sort by:
P
Palych Rokov 20.01.23

Very informative, any details? if changing the graphics settings does not add fps, then the percentage means it does not pull

I
ISDATE 20.01.23

Palych Rokov
Prots is not loaded as the video card

R
Raf9111 20.01.23

What specific game are you sure you don't say?

M
Max P 20.01.23

ISDATE
For this CPU, the RAM frequency must be at least 3200 MHz. I hope the RAM is in 2-channel mode?
I also have R 5 3600+RX 6600+32(2X16) GB DDR 4 3200 MHz and, of course, changing the graphics settings greatly affects the FPS.
The main thing to look at is the GPU load, in the game it should be at least 96â„….
Spoiler

01001000 01101001 20.01.23

Max P
Max P wrote:
and of course, changing the graphics settings greatly affects the FPS.
I would like to see how changing the graphics settings affects in some kind of stalker, for example, or Cities Skylan or Rimworld and many others, where either the focus is on one core or graphics, the cat cried. And you don't want to disassemble this garbage:
ISDATE wrote:
Proc is not loaded as the video card
He wants the CPU load as well as the video card. True, the topic is called differently "Changing graphics and resolution does not affect FPS." His emphasis on the processor goes to the campaign and its memory subsystem, or there is a vertical line or its sewn restriction into the game. Although there are other reasons.
Max P wrote:
GPU load, in the game it should be at least 96â„….
No, it shouldn't. Why's that? She will be as long as she needs. Since when is an underloaded video card a bad thing. Do not even think about uploading about the load of the video card, and something should be there, to me. Iron, not overloaded with work, gives the best smoothness indicators (this also applies to the video card), it's just a convention, and it can be obtained manually by limiting it. And I want to ask another author about vertical synchronization. But the campaign, the theme is nothing from nothing.
ISDATE wrote:
RAM 16 GB 2666 MHz
And actually, yes, this is rather weak. But not critical. Although it should pull out 3000/3200. In short, there is something to fix.
Max P wrote:
For this CPU, the RAM frequency must be at least 3200 MHz.
Not critical, and even barely noticeable. there it is already necessary to install 5600 ryzen, and with it the oz 3600 - 4133 to pull. 3600 tires are now the bottom. 5600 is taken for 9-10 thousand, and we get the very necessary FPS.

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.01.23

01001000 01101001
I would like to see how changing the graphics settings affects some stalker
In the first Witcher, I could have 90 frames outdoors, and 500 indoors

g
getjet 20.01.23

Please, Vampire Survivor does not load 4090 at 100%

N
Nvidia VS Amd 20.01.23

GetJet
Set everything to ultra but high resolution like 4k. Some of my games also do not load 4090 to the maximum, since I play at a resolution of 2880x1620. But FPS space)

N
Nvidia VS Amd 20.01.23

GetJet
And, it's clear why it doesn't load))))) Funny) I looked at this game now)
System requirements:

SpoilerProcessor: Intel Pentium 4
RAM: 1 GB
Video card: 1 GB
Disk space: 500 MB

S
Sergjiei 20.01.23

GetJet
There percent suffers.

Denis Kyokushin
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
In the first Witcher, I could have 90 frames outside and 500 indoors
Well, this is not a change in graphics settings, this is a change of environment. Although to some extent the example is the same. Again, if you look at the sky, the same FPS will increase, because the rendering of the frame, that the premises, that the sky will be easier than the living environment and buildings. This example is a little different. The Witcher 1 hollows out 1 core, it seems. He's in trouble. The same will happen in Stalker, by the way. And so, there are powerful necessary processors for the core. At some point, the core overloaded with tasks gives noble brakes, of course, up to departure. The faction war bent the game engine.

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.01.23

01001000 01101001
Well, this is a change in graphics settings, this is a change in the environment.
You reduce the visibility range to medium, and the FPS is already different. Only objects will be loaded close

Denis Kyokushin
Changing the visibility range is one of the settings that affects the processor and the load in particular. So, I don't get it, it's still settings, although it sounds too specific "graphics settings", no, I mean in general game settings. This of course will have an effect.

M
MunchkiN 616 20.01.23

jokes about bottlenecks and depends on which monitoring program to watch.
usually the logic is such that if the fps is low and there is no reaction to the resolution change, the processor does it. and the processor may not necessarily be loaded in a visible way if the game does not support multithreading, so it will simply be scattered between all logical cores and will be there, allow 30-40%, but in fact this application can no longer work faster. also if the game does not have a lka for fps and v-sung

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.01.23

01001000 01101001
I have, it turns out, a dense test on the Ryzen 5 1500X:
Spoiler
It is short, but it clearly shows how a couple of settings raise the FPS in the Merchant Quarter. Only when the visibility range drops to medium, some kind of fog appears in front, which looks ugly

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

Denis Kyokushin
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
...when the visibility range drops to medium, some kind of fog appears ahead, which looks ugly
Fog, etc. (if it is not a temporary weather phenomenon in the game) - a means to hide graphics flaws so as not to make high-quality drawing of distant objects (for example, for weak iron), and at the same time so that they do not appear out of nowhere "in front of the nose". I immediately remembered Silent Hill from the PlayStation 1.

R
Raf9111 20.01.23

01001000 01101001 wrote:
No, it shouldn't. Why's that? She will be as long as she needs. Since when is an underloaded video card a bad thing.
since that points to the CPU bottleneck? if the card is underloaded, then it is logical that the fps will sag.
I have 4090 in warzone 2 is also constantly underloaded. and this is precisely because of the processor, because the game needs higher frequencies, not more threads. as a result, I have the same fps in 1080p, 2k, 4k), only the load of the card increases with each resolution, because the dependence on the processor naturally decreases with increasing resolution. so the GPU underload is a direct indicator that the game is hollowed out in percent. it can be both at 30fps and at 150fps, and here and there the card could give out more, if only the percents opened it.