3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Serega2288 20.01.23 03:58 pm

Fans spin at 100%

Such a situation
I bought a rx470 4gb gigabyte video card from a friend today
It worked fine through a vga to dvi-d adapter
I decided to connect hdmi and then it started ...
When you connect the hdmi adapter, the coolers do not spin at 100% there is no image
when I turn off hdmi, the coolers do not spin at 100 % and on the vidyuhi the inscription fan stop is on When I connected the adapter to the dvi -d, there was no image and the
vidyukha worked normally, that is, the fans were spinning normally
BUT then I smelled burnt plastic hdmi also smells of burning I decided to ask what could be

5 Comments
Sort by:
L
Len4ik00N 20.01.23

Serega2288
Serega2288 wrote:
there was no image and the vidyuha worked normally
The absence of an image is an abnormal operation of the video card.
"On hot" cords to vidyakha harmful to connect. Looks like something accidentally shorted out somewhere. Here the road is only to the workshop for diagnostics and hope that it will make sense to repair the card.
And it's better, just in case, not to conduct new experiments with connecting anything to the video card.

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

Serega2288
Serega2288 wrote:
...worked through a vga to dvi-d adapter... I decided to connect hdmi and then it started ... When you connect the hdmi adapter, the coolers do not spin at 100%, there is no image ...
Correctly understood that the monitor has only one VGA input? - if so, most likely it's the DVI-D - VGA and HDMI - VGA converters (provided that this is not some kind of "hybrid" with several inputs and one output). There are no direct DVI-D and HDMI (digital) to VGA (analog) adapters - you need a DAC (RAMDAC), which, before the GTX 1000 series from nVidia and RX 400 from AMD, was built into the video cards themselves. If the video card was connected to the monitor using such a converter (converters), it may be the case in it (them). If possible, ask someone similar to test it on your computer.
If the motherboard has a VGA output (supports a processor with a built-in video core), you can check if there is an image on the monitor - remove the video card and connect it directly to the motherboard with a VGA - VGA cable.
Do all this with the power off. If connected through a surge protector, etc. - turn off the button on it, if directly into the outlet - turn off the button on the PSU itself and unplug the cord from the outlet (just in case). Wait for the LEDs on the keyboard / mouse to go out, then do it.
If there is no self-confidence (in which case it can get even worse):
Len4ik00N wrote:
...the road is only to the workshop...

S
Serega2288 20.01.23

SonyK_2
I was just confused by the fact that it was the adapters from vga to hdmi and vga to dvi-d
They smell strongly of burning
And there are no video connectors, they don’t smell at all
I read
Most likely the dvi-d adapter just burned out because it was bought on ozone for 200 ₽ (not bought by me)
(This adapter used to be on the 750ti which artifacted and the image from these two adapters stopped displaying)
Today I'll go for a new hdmi adapter
If anything changes, I'll unsubscribe

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

Serega2288
Serega2288 wrote:
... If something changes , I'll unsubscribe.
And if it doesn't change, test the monitor separately (as I wrote above) to make sure that it's not about him, and the video card. You can try to connect it directly to another device with digital inputs, such as a TV. If there is an image on it, it's definitely in the converters.

S
Serega2288 20.01.23

SonyK_2
Well, in general,
Vidyukha glued the flippers together ...