3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
deathcold 20.01.23 04:09 pm

Help with the game (True Crime: New York City)

In short, I decided to download and play this game. The result is slightly disappointing. Therefore, I turn to you for help in setting up the game. Does anyone have any tips or some amateur patches to make this game work and set up properly. I will write down the points that I need.

1. Control setting. It cannot be configured either in the launcher that opens when you start the game, or in the game itself. Tabs in the launcher where control settings such as Walking, Driving and Menus do not respond to anything. They stupidly do nothing. Therefore, the question is: is there a way to change the control? For, the standard control is damn inconvenient.

2. Game optimization. In the cutscenes themselves, the game works fine, but as soon as the action starts, terrible lags begin. Even in the prologue, where you need to destroy the hangout, it’s worth peeking around the corner, and immediately the FPS drops to 15 - 5. I even climbed into PCGamingWiki and downloaded a patch from ThirteenAG from there, which was supposed to help me in this matter, but the speed setting The game, in fact, did not give anything, but on the contrary, it made it even worse. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Who can help set up the game?

3. Correction of transparent textures. Yes, I sort of fixed them with the d3d8.dll file, but because of this, the optimization of the game fell. I also tried to set compatibility with Windows XP SP3 and run as administrator, but again, in solving the problem with optimization, and even so that there were no transparent textures, this did not help me. So, is there another way to fix this problem?

I downloaded the repack from the Rutracker website from Neogame. Installed the English version of the game selected during installation. Since we all know very well how often the translation is crooked.
8 Comments
Sort by:
s
sergeu78 20.01.23

It looks like you have a Radeon video card and a very weak PC. the only way to do this is to upgrade your pc

P
PetroNepetro 20.01.23

Good afternoon.
1. Try to reassign keys through Autoclicker.
2. Disable all background programs (Browser, antiviruses) do not install the d3d8.dll file
3. Set compatibility to Windows XP SP2, try another repack and compare. There is also an elegant option, as for me, play something else. (Recommend: Crime Life: Gang Wars) awesome stuff))

d
deathcold 20.01.23

sergeu78 Just right
for this game.

d
deathcold 20.01.23

PetroNepetro
Autoclicker? Seriously?? You don't have to joke like that.
Of the background programs that eat a lot, I have nothing running when I start the game. And before I play something, I turn everything off, and only then I play.
Compatibility with Win XP SP2 tried. Does not help. And about "play something else" passed option. Already played. Crime Life: Gang Wars is a hell of a lot of bullshit. You won’t pass it without half a liter, for sure.

S
SamuraiIII2K77 20.01.23

In general, as far as I remember, the game was marked by terrible optimization and crooked keyboard / mouse controls

v
vovangt4 20.01.23

DeathCold
The settings in the launcher in most games do not work with XP, I noticed this from another game, a rally race from the creators of the flatout, in XP in the launcher it was possible to adjust the controls, even on the keyboard, even on the joystick, but nothing is configured in the launcher with Vista, or is not saved, I don’t remember, and you can only play on the keyboard with the default setting, for such games I put XP SP2 on another partition, it works faster than SP3, and takes up little space.

d
deathcold 20.01.23

SamuraiIII2K77
They say that the game worked fine on XP. But I can't figure it out.

d
deathcold 20.01.23

vovangt4
Understood. So, with this game, a dead option. And I would put XP on a different partition if I had enough hard drive space. It is a pity that the hard 1 terabyte was covered. That's where you could put it.