3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Vyacheslav Ivashkin 20.01.23 04:12 pm

performance dropped

I assembled a computer for a person and checked the components in my PC, like an operative and a video card. I installed them, checked them, changed them to my own and for some reason the performance dropped, not by much, but by 5 fps in games it became less. For the most part, only in new projects, in my computer there were 8 RAM with one die and 1050 ti, I put 2 dies of 8 and 1650 on GDDR6. What could be the reason for this, never happened before.
8 Comments
Sort by:
01001000 01101001 20.01.23

Vyacheslav Ivashkin
Why don't you say anything about memory frequency. And at the same time, a friend with two bars, and he with one. You are aware that the dual-channel mode gives an increase in FPS, smoothness. And the frequency is the same.
Spoiler
Vyacheslav Ivashkin wrote:
I assembled a computer for a person and checked the components in my PC
Oh, I feel I collected it specifically there. And why check at home, when the computer is finally completed and checked locally, not to mention the time of verification and warranty (if local).
Vyacheslav Ivashkin wrote:
What could be the reason for this, this has never happened
. Did you notice, and what did you compare it to? With what he put - kits of a friend.

V
Vyacheslav Ivashkin 20.01.23

01001000 01101001
I know very well that channel 2 is better, that memory worked at the same frequency, because my motherboard only supports 2400, and why I checked it, because the computer assembled itself and for some reason the image was not displayed and one current plate was displayed, but in the end everything turned out that the memory just had to be inserted normally and with the video card the same way. And the performance fell not in terms of why everything is so good and smooth with it, but with my shit, but the fact that when I played on my components I had an FPS in the same Cyberpunk at medium 1080p with FSR on a balance of 30-35 fps, and now it’s 25-30 fps, in Spider, or more precisely in Miles on average at 1080p, it was stable 30-40 fps, now 25-35 fps, sometimes it rises to 40. In general, before I checked not there were problems, and after a slight drop in fps

S
Sanchez Ramirez 20.01.23

What about video drivers?

V

Sanchez Ramirez
Was the last one to come out, tried to roll back, but as a result, no changes

A
ABRAS 20.01.23

A friend had a very interesting case. Cleaned the computer, collected everything as it was and performance dropped. It turned out that he knocked down the conder with PCI and his card started working on PCIx4pin. He searched for a reason for a week =)

V

ABRAStsovy
This is definitely not likely, because I set back 1650 and everything worked as it did 1 time and continued

M
MONKAM 20.01.23

Vyacheslav Ivashkin
Maybe you have the frequencies and timings in the BIOS of the RAM gone astray

V

mrKaktak
No, everything turned out to be much funnier, I just cleaned the contacts on the memory and video card and put the memory in another slot and the performance became the same