3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
agula98 20.01.23 04:17 pm

Your feedback and reviews (Evil West)

The game is out, share your opinions.
21 Comments
Sort by:
d
dima_quant 20.01.23

The game did not go from the word at all, the textures are terrible, the combat is very mediocre, I expected much more, but the game feels like from the past

H
Hooks in the trees 20.01.23

If only their mother had added a viewing angle in the FOV settings, it is wildly lacking.
Because of such a color palette and blackness, it's hard to play. Why did they do it, that's real, only they ruined everything for themselves.

1kg 20.01.23

I played for about an hour on the most heroic difficulty - at the very beginning I already had a bo-bo many times. Grafonium, as expected, was not delivered, but oversaturated colors were wound up from the heart. In fact, the usual beat-em-up, like on Dandy.

1kg 20.01.23

Actually, closer to the center the game becomes much more interesting, you have to really think through each round, and, of course, not to make a mistake. Graphene was repaired in an almost standard way for all Anrial Engine games - unwinding the streaming of textures, range levels, post-effects by editing the Engine.ini file. It has become better, because almost all the games are on it, it seems that developers are setting up only for soapboxes.

D
Detector1989 20.01.23

I played the game, and the feeling that somewhere I had already seen something like this did not leave ... and I remembered a miracle !! There was such a game back in the days of xbox360 Shadows of the Damned, well, it’s very similar to it, and the combat is about the same, and locations, etc. In general, I returned to 2011, which is not so bad by today's standards.

H
Ha4uTaJIo 20.01.23

In general, not bad, played cheerfully.
Lots of monsters, lots of tricks.
By the middle, the game is swinging straight. The plot is without frills. Just a sprightly western with vampires.
The music completes the ambiance.
Regarding the graphics, everything is very ambiguous. On the one hand, it flies on ultras, on the other hand, there is soap without scaling. But having unscrewed it by two hundred percent, my system howled.
Despite the fact that nextgen is not here.
To be honest, I imagined something similar to Days Gone in terms of pictures, but no, alas, here it is oversaturated with horror.
But what is interesting, despite all these flaws in the graphic component and one hundred percent linearity, the game does not repel itself. It is interesting and fun to play it.

H
Hudson 20.01.23

I didn’t really expect this game, but in general I love any works of the game industry about the Wild West, even if in this vein - with vampires and gadgets. I mastered the first couple of levels on high difficulty quite hard (and I'm already too old for such games), I wanted to quit. But after three hours, it suddenly turned out that I was still in the game, and moreover, I really like it. So I will definitely reach the end, the gameplay drags, the plot is present. As for the graphics, I won’t say anything - and it’s ordinary, and I’m not really a graphic artist already. But I will say one thing: the simple and dynamic Evil West is suddenly more interesting to me than God of War (at least the penultimate one).

P
Palych Rokov 20.01.23

Ha4uTaJIo wrote:
On the one hand, it flies on ultras, on the other hand, there is soap without scaling. But having unscrewed it by two hundred percent, my system howled.
I would not say that it flies, unless you have an RTX 4090

1kg 20.01.23

Palych Rokov
I don't understand what you all play there, many at least, compared to what this game is not going fast enough? Tetris on the minimum? I have an old GTX1080 - no problems, no friezes, nothing. Absolutely comfortable. Faster and smoother than 90% of everything I've played this year, at least. Yes, there is nothing special to slow down here, the graphon of the level of 10 years ago is almost there. And this despite the fact that I set many more parameters above the standard "epic" ones, and screwed up a bunch of sharpness and color correction from above.

O
OtelloMuffinCheck 20.01.23

Funny combat system, a kind of God of War at the minimum. Enemies are stupid, if you don't know how to use the electric glove, they will just beat you in droves, because their attacks easily interrupt the main character. Which, as it were, should mean that you need to move a lot in the game, HOWEVER, the arenas are just creepy how small (especially secret ones, yes, there are such), the enemies are shitty, and the main character is a clumsy log. Shift is useless and dodge is completely non-functional. Not to mention the fact that the character moves at the speed of Kratos, while having MUCH more mobile enemies. Bosses have 1-3 attacks and only spam one of them. Understanding this perfectly, the developers did not come up with anything better than spawning a dozen more minions to them. But the problem lies precisely in the short-term perspective. The camera is fixed behind the shoulder, and ENEMIES EVERYWHERE. THEY BITCH AROUND. A LOT OF THEM. AND THEY ARE CONSTANTLY RUNNING FOR YOU. There are few ways to control such a crowd in the game, especially at the beginning, and you still have to knock them out one by one. Unfortunately, the exploration system is completely killed. Notes and money re-spawn where you picked them up, it's inconvenient and just infuriating. Side trails are indistinguishable from the main ones in any way, which is why they can be accidentally missed, and it is IMPOSSIBLE to go back, even if it is a stupidly functional hook that worked both ways in another similar place. I also caught a couple of movement bugs that prevented me from getting to the chest. The plot is phimotic, the characters do not really have time to create anything interesting in order to be imbued with them, besides, they do not even participate in the gameplay. Although, the plot idea itself is cool, albeit not completely new. All in all, standard game published by Focus Entertainment. He will find his player, it doesn't cost a lot of money. You can play at your leisure, fortunately, there is no next-gene there, which, however, does not prevent the game from being an unoptimized something with another brilliant pseudo-rendering of 200%, which will overwhelm any system, but will not give a normal picture.

D
Danrock 20.01.23

I won’t say that I expected something from this project, but the game has its own, catchy atmosphere. Let's play and see

j
jax-baron 20.01.23

The average game in the spirit of the old school conclusion: - norms, you can play.
Passed the game already if so.

W
Wyss 20.01.23

I advise you to play on the fold, because ONLY THIS is how the game reveals itself: Combat tactics, every movement is thought out and the right weapon up is important for passing bosses. Even on the average, EVERYONE passes on puff-puff from a crossbow and takes 10 hours yawning with one hand. On the fold there is already a different alignment, on the fold there you already wisely choose who to fall over first, and who to do later, while constantly moving and not stopping because he will arrive (not a one-shot, of course, but still seriously) either from a crowd of mini bosses or from himself boss.

r
regpeorgpodg 20.01.23

jax baron
Can you share the save? At level 11, I broke the game by clearing the spot ahead of time, now I can’t complete the quest.

S
Setesh 20.01.23

Normal game, but with an absolutely insane last boss - he attacks without interruption, the attacks will wait, but he didn’t find a single safe window to hit him, so he drained

H
Ha4uTaJIo 20.01.23

Palych Rokov
3080 10gb, rendering at 150, without dlss. Stable 75-80 frames
The game is sharpened for the rape of video cards, since I have an i5 8400

E
Egik81 20.01.23

A very good indie craft with a walhesing twist in the Bonderland graphic style. And quite well optimized. i7-2600 GTX1080 stable at 60fps at WSXGA+. Although in this regard it is more the merit of the UE engine. Yes, and it would be stupid if the game in the style of the Bonderland graphic style slowed down. Of the minuses, perhaps, its corridor and not the ability to go through all the options of the same section at a time. For as you pass one section with one option, the opportunity to return is blocked. Yes, and the groundwork for the future is left at the end, so I won’t be surprised if there is a continuation. If I'm talking about the adopted daughter of one of the bad guys vampires. Which remains alive after the final battle with her.
And, by the way, I didn’t like that 16 gigs of video and 15-16 gigs of directly game data.

E
Egik81 20.01.23

Ha4uTaJIo
UE after all, why be surprised.

k
kurskiy 20.01.23

A kind of western about category B vampires, the budget is very noticeable in everything, including the lack of facial expressions and facial animations of the NPCs outside the cut-scenes (they seem to talk, but neither the fact that the lips do not move, the facial expressions do not change). But in general, the gameplay is peppy, the plot is amusing, the graphics are tolerable, however, you need to get used to the color scheme.

B
BertoldBrain 20.01.23

Powerful third-person B action. And as an action game with slasher elements, it's a worthwhile game.

Negative:
In the gameplay - there is no way to go back through the location. And this is combined with gathering (purses, boxes and chests). There is constant tension at the forks that you will leave the location and not collect everything!
Why was it impossible to make the icon where to go (which always hangs on the base) be displayed when the “task reminder” button is pressed?!
The need for gathering at the base is also puzzling! For some reason, at the base itself, before each mission, you have to run through all the premises again and again, since documents and wallets are counted before each location, incl. taking into account the fact that it was resurrected on the base. It's crazy that before each mission you have to run around the base rooms again because of the new places of money and documents!
In technical terms - it was very upsetting that the npc (and the protagonist himself) in conversations during the game - do not open their mouths! (Not only are there no movements and facial expressions - they do not open their mouths).

Positive:
Graphics in their style - a little gothic and drawn, and still trying to realistic shadows and post-effects. The backs are worked out, and even at the base, through the “doors of the saloon”, the street is clearly visible. The game is not AAA, so everything is worthy. At least it looks like a modern computer game!
The combat system is succinct. Strikes are normally carried out, combinatorics with a direction stick are understandable. As you get more and more gear and abilities, combat feels cooler, lighter, and brighter! Just on cooldown, you use all the barrels, “fly” with the help of glove lightning, distribute super-hit, burn and bomb! Opponents that first appear as mini-bosses are already mass opponents in further arenas.
If you get involved in hand-to-hand combat or shooting, then you fly away. And if you constantly use everything and correctly prioritize, then you simply tear everyone apart! There is an analogy with arenas from DOOM Eternal: there are simple mobs (which can be captured with lightning) that serve as first-aid kits and charges, and there are fat mobs - which actually need to be killed first.
Old school leveling is just one resource and level up.
The original plot, about the fight against vampires and their creatures, in an alternative reality Teslapunk USA of the late 19th century (a mix of Van Helsing, Shepherd and Lincoln Vampire Hunter). Another game reminded me from the first trailers - Damnation (just now without sections with a motorcycle; and with an emphasis on melee combat, not shooting!)
Good, atmospheric music and generally suitable sound design!
Worth buying, worth going through, worth having in the library. Complex game catches! Lively, atmospheric! A rare game that you want to replay for platinum! (I myself am now replaying on Evil in the new game +, and then on Heavy I will start a completely new game!)