3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Ded Leo 20.01.23 04:19 pm

Laptop with non-removable battery

I’m thinking of buying a laptop, I looked in stores, they all have non-removable batteries. There was such a question, after 2-3 years the battery will die, and I will not have the opportunity to replace it. And what, then it will oxidize and the laptop will end? I remember I forgot to pull the batteries out of the keyboard, I remembered only a year later, so the entire keyboard melted due to oxidation of the batteries, will it be the same with the laptop?
7 Comments
Sort by:
k
kurskiy 20.01.23

No, not so, but when the battery "dies" - the laptop will only work from the network.
And, yes, in the service center the battery can be noticed for a new one.

D
Ded Leo 20.01.23

kurskiy
Thank you, the choice fell on the Notebook Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IHU6 black. As for the battery, it is not written what it is.

k
kurskiy 20.01.23

Ded Leo
Quite good laptop, unless to buy in addition RAM. Judging by the photo, the battery is non-removable in it.

z
zPOINTMANz 20.01.23

Ded Leo
The battery is inside the laptop, and is usually screwed with a couple of bolts. Connects with a cable to the motherboard. It won't be hard to replace.

M
MunchkiN 616 20.01.23

in my opinion, the laptop battery does not oxidize and works long enough,
although it oxidized a little in my mobile phone, I tried to grind it, but it just got bad

k
kurskiy 20.01.23

zPOINTMANz
A person who asks such questions, without trying to read something on the topic, is better not to try to change something himself. Then it will cost more.

b
barabear 20.01.23

Ded Leo
There are no laptops with non-removable batteries, there are simply external ones on the latches, but there are inside, you just need to unscrew the back cover, unhook the cable and unscrew the battery itself, everything is done literally 5 minutes, then you put the new one in the reverse order ...