3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
David228 20.01.23 04:22 pm

Letter of the Raven (Night of the Raven) (Gothic 2)

I killed Dexter and opened the letter, then I went to Vatras and started a dialogue, but the line with the letter does not appear, although I have the Raven's Order with me.
13 Comments
Sort by:
a
airstorm 20.01.23

Devid228
After killing Dexter, you need to talk to Captain Greg. He will say "we need to search Dexter". If you have already searched, then a line will appear that you found only this letter. Greg will say that it was not worth killing him, you should have first learned how to get out of here, etc. You also need to talk to Skip.

In general, it’s better to first talk with the fisherman in the port, then find and free the carpenter’s apprentice, find Lucia’s letter, chat with Skip on the beach (optional: if you are a member of the thieves guild, ask Cassia, she will give information on the pirate Skip), then chat with Greg at the forks of Onar's farm, hand over the quest with digging up treasures to him and only then blow into the mountains and cut out Dexter with his gang. Bugs in Gothic 2 are already rare, but there are still conditions under which a critical bug happens and it is not possible to get into Yarkendar.

D
David228 20.01.23

airstorm
Well, it looks like I was lucky enough to catch this bug. Is there a team to complete this quest?

a
airstorm 20.01.23

Devid228
If there are no earlier saves, then... try:
Re-read all letters and notes related to Dexter, etc. Next, run through all the characters I mentioned above and chat with them - in the order in which I wrote. Next, turn in the quest for the arms dealer. Step into the ring of water, if you haven't. Take the ornament, take the quest for parts of the ornament. While you are doing it, run into the tower and tell Xardas that you are being sent to Yarkendar for an artifact, etc. Also take the quest from Lord Hagen to go to the valley of the mines. After all this, try talking to Vatras. Perhaps the script will work and he will say, they say you decide to go to the Valley of Mines on the orders of Hagen or go to explore an uncharted area (Yarkendar). But this is very unlikely, because such bugs in Gothic rarely move from a dead center, after such dances with a tambourine.
There was no console command to restart the quest in Gothic.
I hope you did not kill one of the quest NPS during the game, and then resurrect? In such a case, the bug that you caught is almost guaranteed.

D
David228 20.01.23

airstorm
The fact of the matter is that I can't enter how many drives, because the dialogue about the letter (Raven's Order) does not appear at the vatras, although I have it.

a
airstorm 20.01.23

David228
Clear. Well, do the rest if you don't have an earlier save.
However, I would start from the beginning. This is just the beginning of the game with running along the route Tower - Khorinis - Onar's farm through the remaining farms - Excavations. If you skip the dialogues, then in 3-4 hours you will pass;)

D
David228 20.01.23

Yes, but here's the problem: I have a magician and re-craft runes and go through Monastir, oh how I don’t want to. But thanks for the help.

D
David228 20.01.23

And looking for: if it’s not difficult, then describe the order of the characters whose missing people need to be sorted out according to the quest.

a
airstorm 20.01.23

Devid228
Crafting runes, exactly like all quests up to stealing the Holy Hammer and running through the quest "Trial by Fire" is 2, maximum 3 hours of game time and this is with all the troubles of becoming a city dweller, being accepted as an apprentice to the master, running through farms in search arms dealer and missing people. Well, the runes of the first circle are nonsense. Yes, and the very first chapter, where all this happens, is short and is a springboard for jumping into protracted subsequent chapters ... well, Yarkendar himself!
Before the quest with the missing, it is better to run through the quest of the weapons seller, so we talk in Khorinis: Lares, Martin, fisherman Farim in the port, innkeeper Cardiff in the port. Now to the brothel: we are talking with Nadia, she will say to pay, then we are talking with the owner of the brothel Bromor, and at the end of the dialogue we pay him, we go upstairs with Nadia and about Lucia. Then the carpenter Torben. If in the Thieves Guild, then talk to Cassia. Then we blow to Akil's farm, ask questions there and then run with questions to Bengar's farm.
Important: at this stage, DO NOT run from the upper pastures of Bengar to Onar's farm using the stairs and DO NOT kill the bandits that are holding the carpenter's apprentice there.
Then Onar's farm (bypassing!) - we chat with the mercenary Kord. After that, we go to the aforementioned stairs, deal with the bandits, and free Elvrich. We immediately run to Sekob's farm, chat there with everyone except Till and Sekob, pile on Bronco, but do not wait until he gets on his feet. We run to the women working in the field and ask about the Bronco, then we approach Till, take the quest "make the Bronco work" and only then we approach the Bronco. We talk - he scratches in the field, and we go to Till, turn in the quest, then we run into the house, chat with Sekob and blow into the forest behind his farm. We take out the bandits, clean the chest and do not forget to look into the tent - there is a letter from Lucia (we read, and then we give it to Elvrich) and Bromor's golden dish (we return it to the owner).
At this point, you should have all the evidence of Fernando's guilt if you completed Erol's task - he dealt with the bandits on the bridge and cleaned their chests. If at this moment all 4 treasures have not yet been found on the instructions of Greg, then it's time to dig them out.
We return to Khorinis, go to the port, sail to the neighboring beach where we chat with Skip. After that, we run at Onar's farm, chat with Greg at the crossroads, give him things and immediately go uphill - to Dexter. We tell the guard the name "Dexter", then we calmly, culturally chat with Dexter. At the end, he will say that the GG freed a lot of people from the colony and this time he is letting go in peace. We end the conversation and start talking again. Dexter jumps up, attacks, and a fight with Greg begins outside the walls. We wet Dexter, we run out to help Greg. Well, the finale - Captain Greg gives the order to search Dexter, where we find the letter. We read, share with Greg and to Vatras.
PS If you turn in the quest for an arms dealer, don't forget to put the bandit's rapier, the ring of the trade guild and the list of goods found behind Sekob's farm into the chest. Then you can first chat with Fernando, give him all the remaining things, take an excellent enchanted ring, and then get it from the chest and hand it over to Martin. Fernando with a nose, GG with a ring and all the goodies from the quest.

D
David228 20.01.23

ATP thanks and ische, maybe it's a problem in fashion? I'm just playing with mods.

D
David228 20.01.23

And here is the last entry from the missing people quest, if possible.

D
David228 20.01.23

a
airstorm 20.01.23

Devid228
What is on the screen is a description of the place where the pirate Skip is sitting. Don't forget to take the rum transfer quest. That's just when the merchant gives you a package for Skip - you don't have to take it right away! Leave it and hand it over in Yarkendar. It will help you get free access to the pirate beach if you take Malcolm's report on the boards, the Alligator meat and finish off all the bandits in the tower. With the package for Skip, the entrance fee will be ZERO!
Mods can cause bugs. Gothic is not particularly suitable for modding - this is not a TES series;)
And here are screenshots of entries in the diary for this quest:
Spoiler

D
David228 20.01.23

Lol, I reviewed your screen and my diary and found out that the line about the proof that the Rudny Baron is to blame, I don’t even have his letter. This is a bug I love it