3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Evgeny_01 20.01.23 04:22 pm

Freezes/lags (steam) (God of War (2018))

Tell me, what could be the problem if the game freezes on any graphics settings?
I set the limit to 60 and 30 FPS, updated the nvidia driver, changed the graphics settings to the minimum, nothing changes, the game freezes steadily for a second, it is extremely uncomfortable to play.

i7-8086K CPU @ 4.00GHz
32 gb RAM
3070 RTX 144hz
monitor
2 Comments
Sort by:
01001000 01101001 20.01.23

Evgeny_01
This is a known problem, almost a year ago I went through it on reddit. Memory leak mentioned. There may also be problems with loading. Of course, your game is installed on an SSD, M2 is better (the norm for games today - it solves a lot of problems, given the on-the-fly loading). And there is another unusual solution - turn off the integrated graphics on the Intel processor. Someone like that helps. This usually happens after some time in the game, in particular after fast moving - it helps to restart the game.
And so, google the topic on reddit. Lots of questions and answers. You have a set of RAM, but this does not help the guys with 64 gigs, and even those (ryzens) who have no built-in graphics - a question.
This just happens if you go beyond the initial locations, for example, Alfheim.
Actually, there are people who agree on the opinion - the game is like that, many different PC configurations participated in resolving the issue.
By the way, there is another question of shaders. Compilation of shaders - at this moment, starters in the game and an increase in video memory are noticeable. The guys, running with a different API (Vulkan), received improvements in the situation, which indicates problems at the root of the game itself.
Also try to turn off the vertical in the game altogether, and limit it through the nvidia panel.
In short, read reddit, the topics are there.

E
Evgeny_01 20.01.23

I've probably tried almost everything, changed the retrieval, ran it on the TV via HDMI instead of the displayport monitor, turned it on and off. sync. and g-sync, instead of an SSD, I put the game on a regular hard drive, changed the resolution in the game, danced with a tambourine and manually set up the video driver for the game, all to no avail =(
I now have the most suspicions about the paging file. When I'm in 1- The first time I went into the game in the settings, it was displayed in red (about 5 GB. I increased it to 32 GB and the red inscription disappeared. And I have a feeling that the game instead of using RAM takes virtual memory for some reason, which is many times slower In any case ,
thanks for responding))