3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
W
White Agnec 20.01.23 04:22 pm

slow disk write speed

tried on hhd and ssd. there is no difference and there are no problems in the disks, the Internet is gigabit, everything is ok, it does not jump, everything is stable. goddamn steam wants me to die while waiting for the install. please tell me how to fix this

17 Comments
Sort by:
W
White Agnec 20.01.23

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

White Agnec
White Agnec wrote:
tried on hhd and ssd. there is no difference ...
Only in this game, or in all the same? - if in all, it's not a fact that ...
... there are no problems in the disks ...
Check the technical condition of the program showing the model (so that you can look at its TTX) and SMART drive, preferably with newer versions.
Examples:

Never mind the speed, this is a RAM Disk:

W
White Agnec 20.01.23

SonyK_2 wrote:
Only in this game, or in all the same? - if in all, not the fact that ...
in all.
SonyK_2 wrote:
Check the technical condition of the program showing the model (so that you can look at its TTX) and SMART drive, preferably with newer versions.

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

White Agnec
White Agnec wrote:
in all.
It's possible that the disc is. You need the name of the model to determine what is "crammed" into it - the type of memory, cache, controller, etc. If you try to download something from the network at the highest possible speed (not in Steam), what is the write speed to disk?
PSCrystalDiskInfo and CrystalDiskMark can take screenshots themselves, just select "File" - "Save Image" at the top.

W
White Agnec 20.01.23

SonyK_2
tests were carried out on different disks. the difference is so negligible that I can say that the problem is not in them, but in the incentive itself. tried tips like changing region and limiting download and write speeds - local issue that is not mine

W
White Agnec 20.01.23

SonyK_2

battlenet does a better job

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

White Agnec
White Agnec wrote:
...tried advice on the type of region change...
I don't know how, I never changed it - as I decided, I download it.
Spoiler There is some setting "Clear download cache" below, I haven't tried it myself - I don't know if it will be better.

If it's not a secret, from which city and is VPN (etc) used to bypass blocking? - for example, in Russian Steam, RDR 2 is officially unavailable:
Spoiler
battlenet copes better
Judging by the Battle.net screen, the download speed is ~ 65 Mb / s, i. a little more than 500 Mbps, as in the Speedtest screenshot. Whether more is possible most likely depends on the provider. Provided that he does not "cut" it, promising up to a gigabit, but in fact giving about half the speed ... :(

e
evil.burmistroff 20.01.23

SonyK_2
that is, you want speed from sata ssd like pci e?

N
Nervios 20.01.23

White Agnec
By all indications, if I'm not mistaken, you need to call your provider and ask why this is happening to you. As a simple option, download anything via torrent) There the speed is crazy, if it is low there too, 100% the provider blocks the speed .

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

evil.burmistroff
evil.burmistroff wrote:
...do you want speed from sata ssd like pci e?
This question needs to be redirected to TS. But even a regular SSD (SATA 3) has a write speed no less than a similar HDD (7200 rpm). For understanding: 1 Gb / s (the author's maximum network speed) u003d 125 Mb / s. A normal SSD won't be able to write data at that speed?

e
evil.burmistroff 20.01.23

SonyK_2
1 memory controller
2 slc cache ssd
3 small files
as we can see (the very first screen) his ssd can't do that.
wave loading. so much information comes from the Internet that the ssd cannot process it and the speed of the
Internet may drop. ssd can't

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

evil.burmistroff
evil.burmistroff wrote:
...the internet can. ssd ca
n't do it No need to explain it to me, the author of the topic has a problem. Although I have doubts about his disk - the program is not normally detected, and he does not want to write a drive model in any way.
https://forums.playground.ru/steam/tech/nizkaya_skorost_zapisi_na_disk-1017153/#comment-19147675

W
White Agnec 20.01.23

SonyK_2
Moscow region. I don't use vpn. and the region of the store in the incentive changed to Kazakhstan

W
White Agnec 20.01.23

Nervios
I like to consciously give my hard-earned money for the purchase of games, if you download them for free. so the life of a pirate is not for me)
plus the problem is not in the speed of the provider, but in the speed of writing to the disk specifically of steam

W
White Agnec 20.01.23

SonyK_2 wrote:
but he does not want to write the drive model

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

White Agnec
White Agnec wrote:
Moscow region.... the region of the store in the incentive changed to Kazakhstan
Correctly understood that the region was changed in order to buy the game (s) unavailable in Russia? Due to the change of region, the speed cannot be reduced? If you change it back, the speed will not increase?

W
White Agnec 20.01.23

SonyK_2

the region for purchases and the region for downloads are not connected in any way and does not affect the speed
SonyK_2 wrote:
Correctly understood that the region was changed in order to buy the game (s) unavailable in Russia?
Yes