3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
b
bobba12 23.11.19 05:06 am

Why not involve all the memory?

percents i7 4790k
32 RAM
The graphics chip has 8GB of memory, so it is written everywhere, and on the box and on websites everywhere. But for some reason more than 4 GB does not issue. What could be the reason?
128 Comments
Sort by:
V
Valentin_K 23.11.19

If you have it in the real tests does not give more than 4 - then the trouble. Testi.

S
SupernaturalLost 23.11.19

On good, should be like this :

b
bobba12 23.11.19

SupernaturalLost
maybe a BIOS update?

S
SupernaturalLost 23.11.19

bobba12
The BIOS of the video card or motherboard ?
I the BIOS of the video card you havent updated, update the BIOS of the video card is a potentially dangerous procedure and in case of failure will only blame the user about the updates of the BIOS of the motherboard - there is a lot of information in the Internet, but again all at your own risk.

S
Semen Strelec 23.11.19

SupernaturalLost
One and the same . Perhaps even shawls(or tracks) burned

M
MagicHero 23.11.19

Simon Archer
bobba12
Yes, you're making problem out of nothing, as it should be. The problem there is not any, you vinda wrote that available 7905 RAM then 8 gigs is.
SupernaturalLost
Do you have a video card mutant with 16 gigs?

A
An__ei 23.11.19

MagicHero Used video memory is memory placed on the card itself. Total system memory is how much the card can eat from the RAM. The RAM is slower than graphics card memory. Available graphics memory is the memory available to the graphics card as a whole. He used the memory (it is important) two times less than it should be. I would without hesitation reinstalled windows.

v
vftor 23.11.19

Yes, it's just the graphics card is a fake. These are now doing a lure and a decoy.
Need the store to exchange or return the money.

S
SUPERTRUP 23.11.19

vftor
Dana? He, like all specified Virtual memory I also wrote There are 8GB available 2GB(vidyuhi is 2GB) and 6GB of system, because I dev put 6GB... 4 Line + 2 Line = 1 Line.

A
AndSmart 23.11.19

download Aida or better gpu z just check.

M
MagicHero 23.11.19

An__ei
vftor
And if I can tell you right now that my skin is the same as the author of the theme on the video card 1070? and while the games have seen the consumption of up to 7 gigs of video memory (I wonder about the optimization in the last lark) it turns out that you just don't know what I write.

A
An__ei 23.11.19

MagicHero
The author writes about themes that are installed on the computer. If graphics card with 8 GB. RAM, why the system should show less. The miracle of optimization in games, this question is off topic. This topic is touched that settings of all the Windows issues are different . I have 1070 .12GB RAM D. gr.p.-14311 MB., use V.-8192 MB. O. S. p-6119 MB.

M
MagicHero 23.11.19

An__ei
You have a paging file enabled? I just have it turned off as possible and the author's theme. And there's sort of written in Russian that 8 gigs of memory and the graphics card just 8 is.

A
An__ei 23.11.19

The paging file in Windows is disabled by default, I'm such excess as to enable the paging file, hibernation does not play, why 12 GB. of RAM is enough . In fact, I don't see a problem.

M
MagicHero 23.11.19

An__ei
Prvail in Windows 10 (did skin to win 7) where I have shows differently namely as the skin in the third post 16 - 8 - 0 - 8. So it turns out that Windows just works, sometimes GPU-z doesn't recognize the graphics card if it does not refresh, what to say about the wretched Windows, especially 7 which has already been do not update.

v
vftor 23.11.19

SUPERTRUP
Fool not drive. He writes that 1070 should be 8 GB, but it shows Used VRAM = 4GB
And all literate people know that is Used of RAM is the actual amount of video memory, which is always activated; it is memory placed on the card itself.

v
vftor 23.11.19

MagicHero
You too fool not drive.
- Use of video RAM is the actual amount of video memory, which is always activated;
is memory placed on the card itself.
Total system memory is the maximum size of RAM that the system can give for the needs of the video card in some (very rare) cases;
this is how much the card can eat from the RAM.
The RAM is slower than graphics card memory.
Available graphics memory is the first plus the second.
This is the amount of memory available to the graphics card as a whole.

A
An__ei 23.11.19

MagicHero
I have windows 10. I think he has a problem in the motherboard -Mat. fee released much earlier than 1070, she just does not know this card. The disk with fire wood on 1070 so many ads on it . I have a Mat. Board on the Z97 chip and found out that 1070 -th Mat.the Board does not know this conflicts with the core processor. Him the BIOS settings you can play is to remove this conflict if any. Sympathy he so much money to give and there is.

M
MagicHero 23.11.19

An__ei
OMG I just described the solution to the problem, and what's the motherboard??? the motherboard could care less what the graphics card is worth it, only had a PCI-E slot and not by any ancient AGP. 10 shows one wines, wines 7 more.
vftor
Coaches analysts they are, if only something to write )))
Do you even read what I wrote above? I have in win 7 is the same skin as the author's theme and focus in the game is used over 7 gigs of video memory (the picture above is too). It's just invalid data that displays the Windows 7, in 10 wines are very different, the data writes.

v
vftor 23.11.19

MagicHero
In short, Sklifasovsky, teach math.part.