3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kay Owald 20.01.23 07:33 pm

Impressions of the game Tales of Symphonia Prodeus (Prodeus)

This is a rare example of an almost perfect shooter that combines modernity and old school. Fast gameplay, meat, secrets, tons of weapons, awesome levels and masterpiece heavy music.
Grafonium is pixelated, but that's exactly the style, not the goal. It often happens that trying to make a retro style, the authors stupidly throw a couple of dozen pixels on the monster and think that this is normal. No. This is how you really should make pixel games! It can be beautiful here, it can be spectacular, but at the same time you can feel the spirit of the old school.
There is almost no plot, but it is clear that the hero's path is consistent, it is not just a set of incoherent levels.
Music here is almost one of the most important pillars on which the game rests. These are fucking masterpieces, every damn time. I aim and love Mick Gordon's music, but in Doom 2016 I liked half of the tracks, he likes to go into some kind of electronic music. And then pure heavy metal and it's just fucking.
There is something to complain about, however. There aren't that many monsters. There are no bosses at all, which is a pity, but it suggested itself. Well, the strangest moment - we see the helmet of the protagonist and it is very distracting and hurts the eyesight. Even with the field of view, as if something is not right. Why the authors did this is absolutely incomprehensible, therefore, with all the desire, I could not play more than a couple of levels at a time - my eyes were leaking out.
But overall 9/10! A real modern old school!

Separately, it's good that the authors made the game free for Russia, it's nice.
0 Comments
Sort by: