3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
b
burntodie17 26.01.23 01:13 pm

The laptop stopped playing games.

Notebook Lenovo l340 15IRH. Initially, it flew, today it does not please at all, the game of 2015, Lucius 2, is not playable without a 30 fps lock and lowering the graphics to a minimum. Performance almost does not depend on overheating, even after a day of couch potato, a newly turned on system does not produce the necessary power for the declared hardware. I did my best with my crooked hands: I cleaned it, changed thermal paste, played with software settings, demolished Windows 5 times. Nothing helps to come not only to the previous results, but at least to digestible ones (I have no complaints about the minimum settings, but there are complaints about the need to play at 30 fps). There are only three obvious problems, but I am sure that there can be no such deterioration due to them, these are a dead battery, a lax charger and one RAM channel (the latter is generally nonsense, Everything was fine before.) I read a lot that laptops are very prone to wear, but not to the extent that the GTX 1050 runs like 10 percent of what it should
Tell me what other tests to do so that you can answer the question what is wrong with the laptop, thanks in advance for the answers. (All the screenshots presented were taken during the GPU, CPU and RAM stress test in Aida)

6 Comments
Sort by:
y
yuriko1158 26.01.23

burntodie17
the problem is not in the hardware.
problem in windows system.
to be as before, you need to put older Windows and not update. since the hardware drivers do not work adequately on the updated system.
my old USB device stopped working altogether on a super-duper advanced system, take out 10 ...
so in vain you went to fix the hardware, I hope you didn’t break anything there ...

i
ikarab 26.01.23

Install a clean OS from the microsoft off site, download updates with drivers (sound, bridges, USB, Integrated VGA, chipset, controllers), then check the date of the drivers in the device manager with the date of the new drivers on the off site of the laptop manufacturer (if there are new drivers, then be sure to start with the chipset of the motherboard, then install the latest WHQL drivers on the GeForce GTX 1060. Then install the libraries via the NET.Framework web installer, MS Visual Studio, Update DirectX via webdxsetup. and what profile is on the RAM (for example, XMP 1.2, 2.0) then run the stability test and the video stress test .. start monitoring MSI Afterburner in 3D applications, check the CPU and GPU load

K
KIBERMAX 26.01.23

yuriko1158
Well, you wrote nonsense.

y
yuriko1158 26.01.23

KIBERMAX is of
course "nonsense".
Don't you think it's strange that TC has designated his PC?
branded laptop is fundamentally different from the assembled system unit.
I have the same lenovo laptop. performance has decreased significantly ...
but the system unit, which is assembled by blocks / modules, works as usual. that on the old system, that on the updated system.
so my statement above is "nonsense".

y
yuriko1158 26.01.23

ikarab
what you wrote refers to the system unit. not for a laptop...
that's the current situation.
although Lenovo agreed to support Russian hardware. it used to block the loading of its drivers. but then she let me. but the situation worsened anyway ...
that's where the problem is with the TS ...

M
Max P 26.01.23

burntodie17
I wonder what games the laptop ran at 60 FPS at high settings, given the single-channel and RAM frequency of 2400 MHz?