3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
dima.shulgin.90 26.01.23 01:26 pm

Widescreen in Sims 2 and Sims Castaway stories (The Sims 2)

STEP 1. To change the resolution for your game, you need to find GraphicRules.sgr in C:Program Files (x86)Origin GamesThe Sims 2 Ultimate CollectionFun with PetsSP9TSDataResConfig.

STEP 2 - Open GraphicRules.sgr.

STEP 3. At the top of this file you will find the following lines: "seti Low 1", "seti Medium 2" and "seti High 3". They tell the game which mode to start in by default, and in some cases prevent you from changing game options. Change "seti Low 1" and "seti Medium 2" to "seti Low 3" and "seti Medium 3".
This will tell the game to use the "high" settings in this file.

STEP 4. Press Ctrl+F to open the "Find" window and type this string (without spaces or quotes) "ScreenModeResolution", then click "Find Next".

This section allows your game to be played in different resolutions. Depending on the resolution of your monitor, you may need different settings. I'm playing on a 1080x1920 monitor, so the settings I'm showing are based on the fact that if you have a higher or lower resolution, adjust it to your own settings.
From here you'll want to edit "uintProp maxResWidth" and "uintProp maxResHeight". These two options tell the game which permission mode to play in.

STEP 5. Change "uintProp maxResWidth" to 1920 and "uintProp maxResHeight" to 1080 in all four sections so you see something like this:

And that's all you need to do in this file! Click "Save" and exit the file, then open the game. Once you've entered the area, go to Options, then Graphics/Performance Options.

STEP 6. Now you should see that in the screen size settings you have a lot more options! Select the size you want and click Apply Settings. Now you can play on the big screen. Rejoice, have fun!
1 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lelik_mc_kawaii 26.01.23

Why wasn't this here before?