3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
g
gliga142 25.11.19 03:46 pm

Impressions of the game (The Surge 2)

It just so happened that I'm a fan of RPGs and hate saulcy , twice tried in vain to pass the first, and with great skepticism drew attention to the second Surging - what was my surprise that 20 hours was almost not noticeable and fade out ))
Pulled Grifoni , a look which is not what syuzhetets for show , the gameplay no longer is a - wandering through some garbage .. Suggest for lovers of pure fiction who did not come Dska because of fantasy hats and Sakiro because of the raving going on.
8 Comments
Sort by:
R
Ratatosk 25.11.19

The first part I liked more. This kind of too easy, and bosses generally are not interesting and too quickly die.

M
MAX_x5.452 13.11.20

The first was better, in the second balance is not at all, the first boss with 10 attempts killed, the second ate with the fortie, the third with 50th, but then pumped normally, began to bend all in a row, running on relax and the last five bosses at the first attempt failed,the last boss lasted 2 minutes LOL

z
z8TiREX8z 13.11.20

Good game, but the first liked more. In terms of combat, the game is super for 10 points, and everything else is average. The plot is so-so, side missions in general shit, you can not pass. In short, as for me 7 balls, if there were no fighters, would be on 3

R
Redcorsair 08.02.21

Greetings, maybe someone knows how to restart the DLS "Kraken", ran everywhere messed up. It is written that you can through honey. station, but I don't see how.

L
Lazar Angelov 28.08.21

this game only lacks the map and difficulty levels. the game was ruined, I hoped that after the first part they would think of it

e
en3rgizer 29.11.21

I don't understand very well how you can play at least somehow, these are high settings with 150% scale on HD Ultra-Wide Monica

K
Kay Owald 31.01.22

Tip: do not turn on TAA anti-aliasing - it monstrously lathers characters and enemies.
Well, immediately about the technical state of the game, since such a nano-drink has gone.
Smoothing, consider, is not present in general. I don’t understand where all these 2x, 4x, 6x have gone, all some incomprehensible ATSSABYRVALGs, which, in fact, do not smooth out anything. So the ladders are wonderful. Although, it would seem, the game was developed for the PC. However, somewhere the normal smoothing of Delhi seems to be everything. With the exception of DLSS, which is really ironing, but it's not here.
And there are slowdowns at the beginning of each level and in places of loading even at 2080, on which the game ran relatively cheerfully at 70-100 FPS in 2k the rest of the time!
And in general, it looks, to put it mildly, very much not like on advertising screenshots. Okay, but nothing special. Just normal by today's standards.
For some reason there is no 5.1 sound, only stereo. In a 2019 third person game for PC. O_O How is that?

The game takes rather a style and design that builds on the successes of the previous game. Gorgeous exoskeletons, a bunch of very original weapons, from combat to industrial tools or just huge pipes, or even frankly single samples knocked out from bosses, obtained from quests, or even just from unique enemies. There are several new types of weapons. My favorites are one-handed weapons and dual-purpose weapons (you will understand) because they give more dynamics. You can also put neuroimplants and improvements for the drone (including firearms). All this can be improved and crafted, nothing has changed much since the last part, and that's good. The system is simple, but successful and interesting, and the emphasis on close combat in the style of science fiction is generally a dream (my personal one, at least, because I'm tired of fantasy).
The same can be said about the scanty role-playing system, which consists in pumping the core of the suit. Nice, simple, but there is where to think.

The world of the game and the approach to locations have changed most seriously. Yes, this is again not an open world (hooray, damn it!), The factory of the evil corporation from the first part, is replaced by a whole city with a fairly large central location (which, according to the plot, will even change a lot) and quite small surrounding areas, such as a port, a park, subways, etc. That is, a variety of locations, a competent combination of corridors and open spaces. The overall linearity is preserved, which is a plus, because it is more or less clear where to go. As usual, the levels are full of detours and returns to the save point, which you will gradually open. However, a full-fledged map is still not enough. There are also zones that you can enter by getting certain things according to the plot. And, of course, lots of secrets. Exploring the world is very interesting.
As many as three peaceful zones have become a novelty, where they crowd, oh horror, remove the fans of the Dark Souls from the screens, NPCs, and in large quantities! You can just talk to them, trade with them, or you can get a lot of relatively good quests in an RPG way. Here the departure from the genre went to the game only for the benefit. As well as the opening of the world.

The plot is also unusual for such games, it is presented quite clearly, while remaining mysterious. Our hero is the only survivor after the crash of a passenger plane (which is suspicious in itself), after which the city was quarantined due to the nanite plague. And then, in general, a little chthonic ghost girl begins to appear to us. Then the sectarians became more active. The plot with the girl and her father is good, the ending is even epic. But the sectarians were shoved in vain, in my opinion. There will be references to the last game, but you don’t really need to replay everything, everything will be gradually told and reminded.

In general, yes, the game can be criticized for a lot of things. And for the technical condition and for some monotony of the types of enemies (mostly people in various exoskeletons) and in general. But she takes me with a commitment to science fiction with an emphasis on close combat, the swiftness of combat and even the banal movement of the character! An exploration of an interesting world, style. And most importantly. No, MOST IMPORTANTLY, they once again managed to make Dark Souls with chic control via the keyboard! What proved that the authors of the often commemorated ancestor of the genre just grew their hands out of their asses while porting the famous trilogy to the PC.
So let me be biased, I got high on the first game and got high on the second game despite all their shortcomings.
All this takes about 30 hours, for such a game the ideal time, does not have time to get bored.
7.5/10

The Surge 2 - The Kraken Expansion
The only story DLC. The rest is stupid sets of armor and weapons, although not bad. Some even ran around.
Suddenly, a whole aircraft carrier sails into the city from which huge iron tentacles hang. Intrigue. An aircraft carrier sails somewhere in the last third of the game, when we get the opportunity to fly back and forth along the ropes. And having flown on this very rope to the deck, you naturally get crazy. It seems that this will be among the latest assumptions of what we can expect on the deck of an aircraft carrier. Very non-trivial. Somewhat stubborn, but original.
The plot, although simple, on the topic of artificial intelligence and robots, is generally not bad. There are even a couple of good side quest chains, one of which is just fine. One word - Norm.
The map is small, but interesting and unusual.
In general, the DLC turned out to be excellent, the authors know how to surprise.
7.5/10

Z
Zovikh 20.01.23

Hmm, when playing with the keyboard, it lasted me 4 minutes ... and that's the whole review