3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kozlina31 13.05.23 04:56 pm

How do you play to make Stellaris like it?

Hello. Started playing today. Playing the first game and don't understand the gimmick of the game at all... It's basically a waiting simulator. Waiting to build, waiting to research, waiting to explore, waiting for ships to fly, etc. Just poking at an icon in hundreds of different windows with an overloaded interface. Why does this game keep people engaged for thousands of hours? Explain please how to play and what to do to make it interesting? :(

12 Comments
Sort by:
G
GetJet 13.05.23

To enjoy this game you need to be as imaginative as the people who invented it. Basically, like all Paradox games. Turn on your imagination :)
https://youtu.be/elDTXeId1dw

3Lexas 13.05.23

This should be written in the description of any game, then there will be no more bad games. It's not the game that's bad, it's you who's stupid.

w
wood5 13.05.23

If you still read the post of the top starter, the complaint here is not about the game, but about the genre:

Waiting to build, waiting to explore, waiting for ships to fly, etc.

And this is every first strategy game in a vacuum. Multiply that by the scale of 4X strategies.

Just poking at an icon in hundreds of different windows

The person was looking for a game that would entertain him or her on its own, lead the way with "now let's vassalize your neighbor to the left" and overwhelm them with epic scenes and cinematics, but that's not about stellaris. There are tons of options, tabs, and interfaces, essentially a strategy sandbox, and the first rule of sandboxing is "give the player freedom and he'll entertain himself."

Some people like to read a lot and strain their imagination, count numbers and minmax modifiers, while others respect only the finished spin-brain product with an already scripted Marvel action-type story.

V
Vistovoi 13.05.23

Try to come up with a lore for your country. Playing out the history of your empire, fighting wars, developing the economy, and so on. I've gotten that way myself.
You can pump some mods to make it more interesting to play (like "Ethics and Civics Classic").

And like wood5 said, maybe it's not your genre.

z
zxcpoiqwe 13.05.23

War. Start one, then another, don't tear up the empire and it will be very interesting. Then you'll look back with pride and remember the battles and operations with nostalgia.

Building an economy is only 10%

N
No_No 13.05.23

User kTeNoLoGy all correctly written. There's a lot of things (frankly even redundant), and at the expense of waiting - well, you have to prepare for crises (middle and end of the game) and easy travel through the galaxy it will not be the word at all. The quests and stories are bombastic, things will happen on the planets, and choosing (customizing) your race and government is mmm, miraculous.

There are a lot of mods, even cheat ones, to help at the initial stage to understand what and how without cluttering your head (but of course this is an amateur and universally condemned way)

3Lexas 13.05.23

And yet the race setup is far from ideal. There seems to be a collective intelligence, but all the inhabitants are too "independent". Ships all +\- the same shape. Buildings and technology are the same. Yes, and the device in society as a whole all have the same.

N
No_No 13.05.23

I suggest to see the walkthroughs and guides on youtube to begin with, for clarity, maybe it will help form a more accurate opinion of the game. It's not that simple, and to understand how to set up a race, ships, the government needs a little experience. See how someone does it and start experimenting. This will open up more variation in the game

3Lexas 13.05.23

I started playing the game a long time ago, almost since release.
And I'm not saying the game is bad.

k
kTeNoLoGy 13.05.23

Try a small map to fill to the maximum light faction enemies, explore anomalies (text mini quests) and watch the battles of ships, it is very beautiful

k
kTeNoLoGy 13.05.23

The whole point is in the quests and battles. the beauty of space combat. and so there is nothing to catch, so the complexity of the minimum that everything is quickly explored and passed

w
wood5 13.05.23

Maybe it's just not your genre. Try an arcade game.