3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
H
HungryDante 25.11.19 03:46 pm

Discussion of the ending (Prey (2017))

After beating the game had a lot of questions. I think it's worth to discuss them.
As I understand it we played for Typhon who was taught to live for or to live a human life in extreme conditions. And it was all a simulation, and even understand why the developers said that all the endings canonical.
And what actually happened and why the whole world is in the Coral? If there was an accident on the station in real life?
58 Comments
Sort by:
O
Olly-alpha 25.11.19

Oh, great. There is a theme for pospoylerit and discuss.
The finale made a great break down, it is necessary to try to beat, a closer look date and bind them to events.
But in General, it seems that the whole game - the reconstruction based on the memories of the real Morgan about the incident at Talos, which eventually turned into a global catastrophe. That is all it was - and the experiments, and neurology, and the undertow of memories, and Morgan, whose identity has varied in the experiments, and Alex, of which these changes are great guards. Perhaps there was even one looped first day was really interrupted by the escape of Tihonov, Morgan tried to do something... maybe even did - but it didn't work, because in the end Tiffany got to Earth and everything came to an end.

Somewhere in the middle of the game we meet the audiologist in which Morgan presents the idea: to see if the skill system from your Desk - our apply in the opposite direction. Alex mind, but, obviously, when in the present (for Morgan-Typhon-of-games - in the future) didn't have a choice, he went for it. Used memories of his brother (or sister), and recreated the scenario of the disaster, involved the experimental horn (weird, I must say, the horn - can it be some phantom Morgana anyway?), to see whether this thing develop empathy, the ability to perceive people as people awaken with the help of simulation and probably some hellish technology something reasonable, and ideally also the human.

In General, something like that, if rude and offhand. In theory lots of gaps. For example, the incident a catastrophe we have hinted already at the beginning of the game - there are all sorts of notes and diaries of the survivors during the evacuation. But that is - accidentally wormed memory? Fiction? Some other disaster?
Where the fuck is the real Morgan?
That simulation really rekonstruiruet events, and what is artificially created circumstances?
Igwe, Ilyushina, Salazar - where are they, who are they? These are real people, who remember Morgan? Or operators who played the role for simulation in the same table the characters of the?
Where is Alex after the credits? It is a Land of Talos that at all?
What year is the yard? When Tiffany made it to Earth? And again - where Morgan is that?
In General, a lot of questions...

L
Listoman 25.11.19

The ending is essentially one - this is a big minus. And why is there no NG+?, still developed saying that in one passage it is impossible to learn all mods, unlock all doors, etc. would be fun in the beginning of the game in the testing room to use the ability of Trifonov, but I blew it.
And yet , when he arrived alpha Typhon, the Jan said that it can to scan, but it will hurt. Anyone scanned it or this cannot be done. And if so, what gives?

v
vitalik76 25.11.19

The ending, which comes after completing the game, like after leaving the matrix, just spoils everything. It is an extra. If it was not and the game would end in a normal reality, i.e. have completed the task in December and flew in a capsule sending everyone away, used the device and destroyed Tihonov saving station, or blown Tihonov along with the station, then everything would be logical and understandable. And so, the developers decided to lay claim to the genius, therefore the story must be as confusing, in the end, I have the video output of the virtual reality, which essentially makes no sense.

L
Listoman 25.11.19

vitalik76
Well, the obvious Foundation for part 2. And with the rules of the endings would not be able to continue. No genius there. And the final guess is still on the first vision or when they fly the capsule with Alex. For example, I immediately understood that we are in a simulation, but what we really unexpected Typhon

v
vitalik76 25.11.19

Listoman wrote:
Well, the obvious Foundation for part 2.
Not funny. The second part for this...
Listoman wrote:
And with the rules of the endings would not be able to continue.
Just the same early in the second it is possible to show the video output from the matrix and thus further could do without looking anything, though the flash-back, though a sequel, even a prequel.

D
D0NoR 25.11.19

Listoman wrote It would be fun in the beginning of the game in the testing room to use the ability of Trifonov, but I blew it.:
Friend, no one bothers to come back to get achivku and a pack of nyromodal.

Olly-alpha
You in General got that right and asking the right questions. I got the same... As for the answers, I have only one suggestion: in the records is mentioned several times, the station in the bowels of the moon (forgot the name), which even sent something on Talos-1. Maybe this is the location of Alex in the end, but at the same time and place for a possible sequel?

p.s. Notes about the survivors did not understand. Need to reread, searching the reference directly to Titanum.

D
D0NoR 25.11.19

vitalik76 wrote:
the video output from the matrix
As I understand it's not quite a simulation, not until the end. Based on the effect that embedded neyromod (man-in-the Typhon in the context of the ending) creates memories.

vitalik76 wrote:
in the end, I have the video output of the virtual reality, which essentially makes no sense.
There is not agree. The movie makes clear that there was an incident on Talos-1, was Morgan was Alex, but it doesn't matter how it ended really because selection of Morgan led to disaster on the Earth (this is my conclusion). It is important as Typhon, who introduce an alien to human feelings and emotions, completes the story. What will his level of empathy for people? If he can love us and be the first step on the path of communication with typename? The game clearly States that they have not found any communication and language with them, just not communicated, and we for them a gray mass, their perception of the world on a completely different level. The ending (and vision in the game) show that instill a consciousness in the usual human sense, the horn can be... the Voice says to kill everyone, for example. =)
So, if our hero-the Typhon will be able to communicate, understanding both races, maybe he can clarify what his usual cycle they just destroy us? Maybe Jan was right and it's a Shark and we(people) are just small fish and are somewhere down the evolutionary chain....

a
astrozombie 25.11.19

by the way, in the bunker Alex has transcriptor Morgan, where he mentions some of your operator October
and even if you kill all the people at the station, then after the credits where the type to be judged by Alex and operators, they're just put to death or all the same choice to shake hands-to kill everyone?

O
OpusAstartes 25.11.19

If you take into account the possibility of a sequel - canonical can be only one ending, but with a couple variations.
We can assume that canonical ending should at least to some extent, duplicate or partially match actually occurred on Thalos-1 events.

Given that Transtar has developed a technology that allows you to copy the neural pathways from one brain to another (and across sectors, as I understand it), Alex, most likely perfected it to the level of copying memories (or did Morgan himself, secretly, after the ban of Alex to develop in this direction).
It is obvious that to copy the memories, you need the original Morgan, who definitely have experienced major events on Talos-1.
Then, as the simulation based on the memories of Morgana, personally, I have no doubt the fact that the changes Alex, or could not make changes to the simulation or the changes could be minimal.
So we can hardly say that Alex came up with Mikhailo Ilyushin and other main characters.
The fact that they are in the form of Operators in the epilogue, alluding to the fact that they are either dead or are somewhere else.

On the basis of the above, you can exclude the following items:
- Morgan killed any of the main characters at the station. If that were to happen, Operators, and Morgan had no memory of the events after they are murder. The assumption that Morgan first they helped and then killed - stupid, because it is illogical.
- Morgan suicides together with Talos-1 or departed from the station at the first possible moment
- The survivors were definitely taken by Morgan from the station. As we see Operator Show that definitely died on Talos-1, the other main characters could die at various intervals after the end of their side storylines.
- Morgan did not use the power of aliens for the disaster at the station.

Regarding the fate of Morgan.
If they are on the Ground, then:
Morgan definitely left Talos-1
Alex left the station with him, or in his escape pod
Station likely destroyed
Aliens on Earth, it could be the same as anyone else (recall the Shuttle, which the player to decide, or the escape pod with scientists), including the Morgan.
As it is impossible to say with certainty what specific neurology used the "original" Morgan, what did they do with his mind as well is unclear.
It may be true that Morgan himself guilty of a similar fate of our planet.
And most likely, Morgan is dead.

However, the above theory is based on the fact that Alex could not greatly modify the memories of his brother.

And here we get to the main question – why the ending is cut off when Morgan leaves the station?
I doubt that the developers didn't have time for a couple of paragraphs Sakata or even a couple minutes of video on the game engine.
If the aliens has conquered the Earth, so Morgan was unable to prevent the disaster.
It turns out that the last minute of the game – not the memories of Morgan and Alex's creation?
And then a completely different theory with other answers.
Considering how much the ending gives rise to most of these questions and theories... either the game is very deeply thought out story, or it is slightly leaky.

D
D0NoR 25.11.19

astrozombie
astrozombie wrote:
and even if you kill all the people at the station, then after the credits where the type to be judged by Alex and operators, they're just put to death or all the same choice to shake hands-to kill everyone?
Good question. I want to check )

P
PoheroiD 25.11.19

The question remains, what is the mysterious dark complex which pilots the Shuttle came, the role of volunteers is not very clear and the loss of 10 minutes of field monitoring of Talos, what does each flight. Well, the story of the incident of first contact with the astronauts it was very interesting to read...

D
D0NoR 25.11.19

OpusAstartes wrote:
If the aliens has conquered the Earth, so Morgan was unable to prevent the disaster.
It turns out that the last minute of the game – not the memories of Morgan and Alex's creation?
And then a completely different theory with other answers.
OpusAstartes, where such a conclusion? Options for the development of Tihonov to catastrophe on a planetary scale sea, I cover a few:
1) Smuggling, incidental or special;
2) Someone from Transtar they were taken, issleduya and on earth;
3) the huge alpha Typhon hooked our ball)

By the way, the illogical finale, Talos-1 is salvation through the wave beacon. If it worked, the land would be saved similarly.

s
salopic 25.11.19

Funny ending, however, as the entire game. It turns out that nothing run, are harvested and processed for 20 hours garbage. The land is still the end.

I
InSaneJeSter 25.11.19

salopic
Do not tell me actually the beginning of the game already makes it clear that you are not who you are, and the ending is very interesting, just know that the second part will have a chance that the choice of endings will matter( to kill or shake hands).

O
Olly-alpha 25.11.19

Well, no, what Morgan disaster is not prevented, it is more than obvious.
The simulation is based on elections and memories - very likely the same election stood up and before the real Morgan. Implantation tihansky mods, explosion advent, the rescue capsule with the fugitives, a private life, and of the final decision. As did Morgan, we don't know, but I can dream, looking at what it's come to - that is the Earth, enveloped in Coral.
But the simulation on the simulation, depending on our choices, are modeled subsequent events. So the final game (before the credits) - it is currently modeled, why not?

But very, very interesting, what happened actually, where Morgan (the real one) screwed up, what our choices ultimately different from him. In fact, Morgan himself... It's such a Morgan Reddinger, I'd be happy for him, present, play in the continuation (with all my heart I believe and hope that it will be). But while it seems that the patient is more likely dead. Although we may specially his fate is not told, with room for the sequel (hope, hope...).

Many things in the game look pure simulation. The same zero emitter at the end smacks of an artificial, additional condition for moral choice Morgan-Typhon. And Yes the above said is true: if such a thing reality, the Earth would be saved the same way. Although! It is very likely that labor-Morgan has chosen a different path, no emitter has not been modified by Alex, then it all kicked off and you can pull this trick in an atmosphere of General panic and Armageddon has become simply unrealistic.

About our alive - i.e., Ilyusha, Igwe, Elazar (and I forget who it was the fourth). I still think that in the final it's not real people that control operators and imitation of personalities. About this was also in the records that you can find in the game. Ie they are not, but they were. Most likely, in the real world died, and the operators say to myself I because it is, roughly speaking, the characters + AI, based on the personalities of the once-real people (as of January as some kind of operator to Y, about which you can read in the game).

Questions to December, I have too much. And what is October about him almost nothing is said, but it's there. That is where this is how to see?

Well, the issue of memories about the disaster and diaries from survivors of some of the evacuation remains open.

In fact, the famously twisted plot, like the disclosure of the story continued. Or at least... don't know... the writers even have time to write what actually happened, explained the most critical moments. And Yes - what we in the simulation, we can suspect almost from the first episodes of the game. Well, after wards under the influence of Coral/blows to the head and other things - even more so. However, the fact that we - Typhon, was a very amusing turn. And only during the second passage it becomes clear that this is a game we not just told, but damn... Who would have thought. )

D
Drewstet 25.11.19

Olly-alpha
I think Morgan blew up the station, but Tiffany came anyway, because there is a dialogue type, well, you blow the station anyway Tihonov can't stop
I think the real Morgan exploded, before sending all to the ground.
These Robots that casts scientists, they've done them to death to continue the study.
Records of evacuation, it's a mini promise what will happen if Tiffany to come tryndets.
Plus annoying the cook, he's kind of crazy, but that knows.
Probably will be released a dlc about someone else, to show not a simulation, but a real station and that it eventually became.

M
MASYAA 25.11.19

January that he destroyed all results, December for to escape from the station and tell the whole truth about the company. The game was mentioned in the Oct. November gone where? :) Although not the essence, each time the identity of the Morgan is much changed. The game brings to us that after such shamanism with neuromodule, as Morgan had it changed the nature and pattern of behavior. So every new assistant is a further and further departure from the present Morgan, but whatever decision was made by the ultimate Morgan.

Also, regarding dialogues, like well you will blow up the station, still Tihonov can't stop etc. Since this is all a simulation-based memories, they might have to change a lot and maybe that's just provocation on the part of the creators , in order to affect our decision on this. But it is unlikely, it makes no sense to redo them the story of Morgan.

That was then. Morgan decided to destroy all the mimics, like the results of a study of all these technologies. Well, that is the entire station. And that he did not interfere with him and placed him in the loop, but all went according to plan and he awoke. I think it would be better to blow up everything, well, it would be the decision of Morgan (my opinion,although I chose a grenade). There is a chance that the signal which passed the coral was intended not only to one person. Well, he killed all wave/explosion, but came just the other.

P
Prolbo 25.11.19

The ending is amusing. Specific, expected unpredictable or unexpected, predictable, or well, something like that. From the start we were given to understand that this is possible, but multiple issues have caused themselves November, December and January, as well as the conceptual ability to create December and January – because in October, Morgan delayed this quagmire, no? + flashbacks from contact with a coral and nyromodal. In General, developers have a rich space to maneuver if they want to make a sequel, prequel, wbarwell or something else (underline).
As to the simulation and its Foundation, you can assume that it could be constructed not only from personal memories of Morgan, but also from the collective memory dumps. Scientists and the station was able to survive and die. Or to be a complete simulation. As the station itself. By the way, have you seen the photo of the family? With Morgan, Alex and their parents, drew attention to what they're old?
But the Earth could be infected in different ways, ranging from inadvertent or illicit sample of Typhon (by the way about this, we were also told) to the fact that Morgan never came. In some ways he's screwed up.

P
Phriza 25.11.19

Judging by transcription, initially, in the event of a disaster, Alex was determined to destroy the station, and Morgan's on the contrary I wanted to use a silencer. This he says at the beginning of the test and drops Oct. October, apparently, dies before the events of the game, as Morgan manages to change and to change their views. However, he realizes that old Morgan thought differently, but was unwilling to take the perspective of old self, he speaks about the reception at the psychologist, where he can sometimes be a breakdown.
Also throughout the game-the simulation of scattered information from the real world. Such as"Memories of the survivors. Experimental, by the way, which can be released or fed to understand reality accurately to survive - this is evidenced by a sign and article in the journal about how he was a suicide bomber as a volunteer, and was on the path of correction and is now writing a dissertation, lol.
Oh yeah, if I confuse nothing, at the time of the events at the station - neurology not yet open to the world, i.e. they are not used at all on Earth. However, judging by the books and magazines from the real world neurology BEGAN to use across the planet. In addition, in some magazine a Alex Yu speech, which coincides with the speech ending with a silencer. Based on all of this, you can come to the following conclusion - the Talos was blown up, the study was retained and continued, causing neurology spread throughout the Land, leading to a known end.
And about operators at the end in favor of the fact that this copy people - Danielle Shaw, one of the operators, in any case not live to the end of the simulation, the memories of Morgan.
Such cases.

O
Olly-alpha 25.11.19

Drewstet
About the dialogue - I think it was meant literally what they do not stop, because it is simply too late. Ie is it another clue in the simulation - Morgan still didn't understand, and the player is nice. Although it is thoroughly unclear what the reality happened, it can be. Including that station Morgan blew up.
And what about the exploded himself - what about his memories, so thorough, that it is possible to build a simulation? If the station boomed with Morgan and there is hardly anything left.
Write about the evacuation too actually and literally to perceive them as a normal message. They really resemble the newsreels of the disaster. I.e. what has already happened. And the fact that he remembers Morgan. So... I don't know what it means, to be honest.

What about the DLS - Yes, that would be great.