3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
ResponsibleHargrove 16.05.23 03:00 am

What do you think of this 3070 card?

RTX 3070 GamingPro 20 year, today I changed the thermal paste for the first time, it heats up 76-82 degrees under load. (The picture shows the card before changing and cleaning the thermal paste).

I'm concerned about the heated thermo pads, should I do something with them? My graphics card is in the lower psi slot because of its size. Any advice from the pros :)

18 Comments
Sort by:
R
ResponsibleHargrove 16.05.23

Build ryzen 5 3600x with water + 16gb 2x8 hyperx fury (XDD), asrcock b550 pro4 if you need

M
MunchkiN 616 16.05.23

do nothing for nothing just opened up the video card I read. as a rule thermal paste video cards good for 4-6 years and making a new anointing will reduce the temperature for a few months then either return to what it was or will be worse than the factory, depending on the ski ointment.

01001000 01101001 16.05.23

The video card in question is a reference board (reference) and the cooling performance is a bit worse than gamerock's. And the temperatures are corresponding. Factory temperatures per core are 5-7 degrees different. In terms of memory they are the same.

Temperatures are normal, any service center and manufacturer will tell you. There's no point in opening it up. The other issue is the fan speed and downvolting. It's quite easy to have 1950 and 0.95-0.975 volts on the graphics core, with a temperature of 65 degrees.

The question is still the position, in the bottom slot. how stuffy it is under the card. The air space under the card affects it. And temperature, mind you. I've had and tested in my farm. On the graphics core at 75-78 degrees is the factory setting. The gamerock has 68-72. The former crushes to 65 easily, the latter to 56-60 degrees per core.

The thermo gaskets, the main thing is not leaking. What do you mean warmed up. It's not GDDR6X. Change only with knowledge and if there is a problem with temperatures. It manifests itself by resetting the frequencies on the memory. Otherwise, I don't see anything terrible. THE GREATEST THING! Get the right thickness of thermal gaskets, and no liquid metal, thermal paste, or copper wafers. The right thickness is important for the fit of the graphics core, otherwise you will get burnt. You can write to Palit support, they will answer. There are also a bunch of replacement links on google. But I see no reason to replace it. There's nothing wrong with it. You only took it apart for nothing. You should change downvoltage map and cooler rpm by curve, and also show me the case how it is standing, maybe it is tight and air space is no good there.

D
Denis Kyokushin 16.05.23

Thermal paste on video cards is good for 4-6 years.

It used to be like that. Now it's smeary.

Your knowledge of modern hardware is, to put it mildly, zero. Well help me expand my horizons, and at the same time the author of the topic. And don't judge everyone by your cheap giga. Palit uses good thermal paste. We have a lot of video cards from them. One of the older ones is palit gtx 1060 6gb jetstream. Temperature on load is 60 degrees, and that's without downvolt. RTX 2080Ti was both Peregarych and we have it lying around - no point in going over and changing it, tempers are great. MSI, on the other hand, stood out. And it also depends on the load hours.

By the way, dug the screenshots and here cyberpunk, the game world of course the bottom, but the plot is not bad and a lot of references to you go. But here are some lines that made me remember (the game is simple).

Spoiler

This one and some others.

I have the same question. How do you get you to look at the truth. That's the real question. Maybe there will be an explanation later. There is another question as to why some have kept their sanity while others have fallen into mass psychosis. This has happened before, but there is no time to get to the library and articles. I have to do some digging. Any idea why you are like this? Is the virtual world better than reality. I prefer reality.

D
Denis Kyokushin 16.05.23

And don't judge everyone by your cheap giga.

Not the first episodes with bad thermal paste, so don't@take the piss

R

Thank you for such detailed answers, another question, is it too critical that it is in the second psi slot in terms of the air being blown out of the video coolers down to the BP?

And not the last. But you don't have a lot of experience. You got your last card six years ago. I bought my last one six days ago. At least read the reviews before you post. This is GamingPRO once again.

Please. I already wrote that yes. Look at the operating mode in the GPU Z program. Check at load what it says PCI-e, at idle the numbers are smaller.

In fact, to the motherboard, he writes in the description, if there is an M2 SSD, then PCI-E 3.0, x4. should be there. I didn't compare personally, so just watch the video and draw conclusions. The speed there is 4 times slower. And the bigger the load, the bigger the jam. The PCI-Express 3.0 x4 slot has about a 10% loss (+/-5%), depending on the amount of data being driven over the bus. At lower frequency it is less noticeable, at higher frequency it is much higher.

Spoiler alert

About 10 frames can easily be achieved. And not just in the average, but in the minimum, maximum and smoothness.

is the air blowing out of the video jacket coolers down to the pc?

Geez, I'd be more worried about the FPS. It's installed with the cooler facing down:

So, you don't have to worry about it. Especially since, the physics of heat movement is from the bottom up, hot is lighter than cold. What, put it wrong?

R

Yes, no, that's right, it's all assembled by the hull form factor

Yeah, from the way you lowered the video card, the case is tight.

D
Denis Kyokushin 16.05.23

Not everyone is a computer nerd

D
Denis Kyokushin 16.05.23

I am concerned about the heated thermo gaskets, should I do something with them?

If you replace the gaskets, keep an eye on the temperature so the memory doesn't go up to 90°. I've changed a lot of them, they lose their properties at that temperature. The last ones I changed were hard and crumbling.

He's been writing bullshit again. Can you even google something? And why 90? What kind of memory is there?

Put him on the case - let him show you how he arranged everything inside. I know GamingPRO on the 3080 series and 3070Ti. The 3070 may well hold around 70, 72-74 easily. Check out his case and how the PSU was put in the same. And point him in the right direction. In short, do your job, not bullshit. There's no sensor, it's not GDDR6X. And the temperature is nowhere to be found. For starters, it's samsung memory.

Have him downvolt and get your case cleaned up. Adjust the screws. See to it, if you feel like it.

D
Denis Kyokushin 16.05.23

And why 90?

Because thermal gaskets lose their properties after that temperature

Who says it loses? That's one. Two, who says it's 90 degrees? In principle, it happens. Three - I want your videos, there's no memory temperature. And I'm not interested in the graphics core. And what, another Big Mac? Four, in conclusion. Have you seen the parameters of Samsung memory and the allowable limits? Have you seen what happens when you exceed them? So are we going to gather information from the ceiling, or are you going to try, though.

Although yes, actually, the thermal gaskets do dry out. you need to look at the condition. Well I don't mind having a look. But the question is different.

D
Denis Kyokushin 16.05.23

Who said anything about losing? That's one. Two, who says it's 90 degrees?

You really need to see an ophthalmologist. I said that because I opened it up

01001000 01101001 17.05.23

You have a 20 year old card, saw that. I'm free of thermal gaskets and thermal paste. The thermal paste should not be dry - the main criterion. And evaluate your case. It must be stuffy in there. I had a 3080, 76 was the norm. But it's still a bit high for a 3070. Do whatever you got in mind. Thermal gaskets also dry out, but my card is fine, I can't tell from the picture, you can ask the service. They should be more or less soft.

It doesn't show memory temp. Do a downvolt, set up the screws. And the card, I'd move it. The FPS loss is there. I.e. think about it. That's all there is to it.