3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DeathCold 22.05.23 06:00 pm

How do I move the interface?

Hi all, I decided to play Fable Anniversary again years after its release, and I ran into a problem. The interface is blocking the image. If anything, I have a pirate version, which, apparently, is a fix to remove the black stripes at the top and bottom. Therefore the question: how to move the interface up and down, so it was away from the center of the screen, and did not block the view? The screenshot shows how it's in my way.

The resolution of my current monitor is 1024x768, since the previous one is dead and the one I played with back in the day is gone. So, I need to somehow fix it all, because during combat or even running, you can't see what's happening on the screen.

15 Comments
Sort by:
S
Stas776 23.05.23

Are there not enough computer power for a remaster? Maybe it'll be better

And in general, it's very strange, the game was released in 2005, just in the era of square resolutions. Try another repack.

J
Just-a-your-King 23.05.23

As you might have guessed by now, the HUD adjusts to your resolution, the game is designed for fullhd.

D
DeathCold 23.05.23

This is the remaster!

J
Jeff-xxx 23.05.23

Try Flawlesswidescreen, it might help.

D
DeathCold 23.05.23

This is bad. Because it doesn't really adjust. Because it supports resolution, but it doesn't adjust the interface. Strange developer logic, of course.

D
DeathCold 23.05.23

I'll give it a try. I don't want to dance with tambourines, but I have to. I can't help it.

D
DeathCold 23.05.23

I tried your Flawless Widescreen, and I'll tell you this: it's not Flawless. First of all, I don't know how to use it. Secondly, there are no settings. Only downloading plugins and a bunch of messages about what was downloaded, what was found and what was not found. And thirdly, how I'm supposed to set up the game through this dribble is completely incomprehensible. After all, I downloaded the plugin, but where the settings and how to call them, absolutely unknown.

Well, here's where there are any settings??? How do I configure the game? After all, I start the game with this progoyu, I press the button to activate it, but the reaction 0. I press the button to change the resolution, also no reaction.

Total: no help! Suggest something better.

S
Stas776 23.05.23

Ah, really...well, then here's the answer - it doesn't really support 4:3 resolution. It's like the first Assassin on 4:3 monitors.

d
deusMarshall 23.05.23

Try a resolution of 1366x768x32

J
Jeff-xxx 23.05.23

You have plugins not loaded for some reason, a list should appear on the left. You click on the one you want, it loads into the main window. Start the game, at the bottom of the window will be the status ''game is running'', adjust as necessary.

D
DeathCold 23.05.23

I did. I downloaded the plugin, but nothing like that came up. In short, it's not even worth the effort. They come up with all sorts of rubbish and then sit around and fiddle with it. Forget it!

J
Jeff-xxx 23.05.23

I don't see any plugin on your screenshot, there is a loading error in the log. And judging by the description of the plugin, maybe this is the solution.

D
DeathCold 23.05.23

No, the first AC supports any resolution. I checked it myself.

Yes, it does.

S
Stas776 23.05.23

I remember there were black bars on my 1024x768 monitor in 2008

D
DeathCold 23.05.23

Well, I don't have one. And I have the version straight from those years. And there are no stripes.

I don't have any.