3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Stalker_MODNIK 27.05.23 10:00 pm

How to draw a high-quality texture in Paint.NET?

Hello everyone. Continuing to learn, talk about plugins, tricks, and share tips on this topic.

6 Comments
Sort by:
M
MOHOVICK 27.05.23

It's better to install Photoshop. You can even use an older version. I've been using the CS6 version with the DDS plugin for 1.5 years. Spoiler alert

I'm waiting for critics to say Paint.NET is better! Folks, this is my opinion. I agree, I used it myself, but after 2 months of using it, I gave it up, in favor of Photoshop.

I've been using it for a while now.

M
MunchkiN 616 28.05.23

used it mostly for concrete and similar surfaces to generate from noise and to create seamless textures. but creating textures from photos as such is probably already outdated for normal gaming. plus they added support for graphic tablets so I just like msc paint and this program with salts is close to it so critical software.

A
AriFieR 28.05.23

Photoshop I haven't used, but it has a handy plugin for creating bump and bump#. Paint.NET has plugins too, but you can't make bump#. Honestly, it would be easier to show how to make all sorts of textures and edit them, but that would require recording a mini guide. The only thing I have from that is records of how I made textures for my own and other people's modifications. If it would be interesting to talk and even watch, then write to me, I'll send you the discord.

S
Stalker_MODNIK 28.05.23

OK, thank you

S
Stalker_MODNIK 28.05.23

OK, I'll try

S
Stalker_MODNIK 28.05.23

Got it, thanks