3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
FancyCyrus 27.11.19 05:44 am

Problem with Palit GTX 1080 Ti GameRock Premium Edition

Gave in STS because of the fan noise returned with the conclusion they say does not work 1 out of 4 fans, although they all work and worked perfectly in sync. Inserted in the PC and noticed that in any program it shows 0% fan speed, although it stays at about a medium speed, and when you try to put any speed to spin up to maximum and do not change speed to turn off your PC. Before the diagnosis of STS was great. STS does not recognize his mistake, hang noodles about a non-working fan. What to do? What's the problem? How to fix?
10 Comments
Sort by:
a
airstorm 27.11.19

FancyCyrus

FancyCyrus wrote:
in any program it shows 0% fan speed
FancyCyrus wrote:
hang noodles about a non-working fan
Most likely not hang up. The speed sensor of the engine could get out of the story (this is not rarely happens). While the fan is spinning. Physically works, but not as it should be (explained very primitive!).
Option 1. Order/buy the fan, even with the same aliexpress.
Option 2. Study the connection circuit of sensors of the engine speed. It so happens that main - those with which reads speed, put only one of the fans. In this case, you can change mestami fans. This method worked on the Radeon graphics cards with three fans type 280/290/295/380/390 Tir-X... but not all manufacturers. So we will understand and see the connection diagram.

V
Vor Piratych 27.11.19

The noise was most likely and high temperatures have been very watered 1060. And in the service either to broke or switched on is not working properly. How many years vidyuhi? And Yes, what service that I could not change or repair the broken fan as they say. How much for this supposedly the repair took if not a secret.

F
FancyCyrus 27.11.19

Thief Pertici
The noise was due to the fact that plates which are fastened between the fans was a bad link, I removed the cover with fans and snapped them to the end, the noise was gone. Vidyuhi year and a half. The SP I didn't take anything, twice I was given a video card diagnostic in 3 days had it.

F
FancyCyrus 27.11.19

airstorm
In SC I have demonstrated, separately connecting fans to some power supply two contacts (if not mistaken). 1 top fan is really not spinning, the other 3 were spinning normally. For me it was to put it mildly strange, because in the computer everything works fine. When you start the PC all 4 fans start to rotate simultaneously and synchronously stop after turning off PC, too at the same time. I want to emphasize again that before the treatment in STS were fine, and the sensors showed real speed and adjust the speed with an accuracy of 1%. Attached a photo connected fans that made tonight personally, unscrewing the cap with the fan separately from the video card. Don't know how to help, how this circuit to learn. I can change the fan sites. Just tell me how to disconnect these contacts are in the middle, so nothing broke, I tried there as if they are sitting firmly, I'm afraid that will break.

a
airstorm 27.11.19

FancyCyrus wrote:
tried there like they are sitting firmly, I'm afraid that will break.
If you have no experience in this matter, better not go.
The connectors are removed very simply. Carefully pull out. You can gently pry with a narrow screwdriver. Your connector is almost the same as this.
Spoiler
But if there's no practice, again, the'd better not go there.

F
FancyCyrus 27.11.19

airstorm
YOU ARE MY HERO. Everything works now! I swapped and plugged in the fans. Everything is adjusted and displayed correctly. Man, you're a genius! Thank you! Perhaps, indeed, in SC were right about the idle fan. He probably duplicates as the speed of the main two, but it incorrectly reads the speed and, accordingly, is not regulated if it is to do main. Because it rotates correctly with the same speed that up, if you change it in some places. And I understand why this defect is difficult to diagnose.

a
airstorm 27.11.19

FancyCyrus
Nothing brilliant, it's a trivial solution under the condition of parallel operation of the supply fans and control according with one sensor. ;) ... it could be worse - 2 pairs with the management on two channels or... 4 nezavislych - in the latter case would have had to change the fan...
In the diagnosis of the defect as well nothing heavy. Since the release of video cards with 2-3 fans a similar problem occurs. From the manufacturer too much depends. Palit, Zotac, Gainward, HIS are a little cheaper due to cheaper stuffing. Electronic components including the fans, shall we say, not the highest quality, even in top models of graphics cards. Another thing ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte, PowerColor, Sapphire. They have higher prices and filling more abruptly... but even there there are problems with the fans ;)
Glad the problem is solved.

F
Fioletovyy zhiraf 27.11.19

airstorm
GameRock Premium Edition is the most complete card from Palit, it is definitely not saved. Gigabyte I'd be careful to praise. Saw the model Windforce GTX 1060, this is still a hack.

a
airstorm 27.11.19

Purple giraffe
From any manufacturer have problems, as I wrote above. Here's someone as lucky ;)

F
Fioletovyy zhiraf 27.11.19

airstorm
There is a problem in the design. The radiator of the power supply circuit is tiny and not connected with the main radiator. Instead of a metal plate on the back decorative plastic, which does not help remove heat, and, conversely, prevent. Anyway, I turned the card in his hand and realized that it is better to overpay, but to take better.