3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Disappointed Man 13.09.19 02:37 pm

To change the thermal paste or not

Good day all, please tell me, should I change the thermal paste. Year laptop, Intel Core i5-7200u and GeForce 940MX, temperatures in games are 75 - 85 degrees (for this laptop max 100 and 105 degrees, respectively ). Play around 3 to 4 hours a day. Don't know where to write, some people say you need to change after a year, others that the factory thermal paste is good, and it should be changed only when it is noticeable overheating, a third of what the factory once it is better to change.
PS When I put the SSD, the fan was already in the dust, maybe it's worth just to clean the cooling and everything on it?
9 Comments
Sort by:
R
Ryazancev 13.09.19

Disappointed Man
If he can, no problem to parse and clean the dust on the radiator, do.
Changing thermal paste is a thing...
Just paste are different manufacturers too. It all might be OK, but maybe not!
In short, after the first stage will be clear. You can even test to see this Beech new, paying attention to the temperature.
If the new temperature is below 5 degrees, it is possible to spread new thermal compound.
IMHO.
That's only if you decide to use paste, be sure to anoint good, that was thermally conductive and fast drying.
And it is possible to ruin it.

b
bazilews 13.09.19

Disappointed Man
Generally you should replace the thermal paste and clean from dust,it is not necessary to bring to a critical state...

b
bazilews 13.09.19

b
bazilews 13.09.19

D
Denya Shepard 13.09.19

Just clean the fan and the hole through which the air comes out. Pasta change in 3 years.

Y
Yamaguchi-gumi 13.09.19

The Day Shepard
th not 10?

D
Denya Shepard 13.09.19

Yamaguchi-gumi
Usually the warranty is 3 years.

D
DeryBass 27.09.20

Change, it won't be superfluous

W
WarlokIII 27.09.20

If you're on warranty, it's not worth it. Compressed air. The compressor to pierce the roller on the radiator.
And so I have my note 1.5 years after the purchase was like a student oven to warm up to eat. After that, I changed the term once a year. Now is seven years old. It's working.