3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Anti 4it 28.11.19 01:20 pm

News and information on the game (S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2)

Good day dear customers! I suggest in this thread to gather all news and information regarding the development of S. T. A. L. K. E. R. 2 . The discussion in the topic is welcome.

Information and news of events in chronological order:
May 16, 2018: the Announcement of S. T. A. L. K. E. R. 2Сергей Grigorovich on his facebook page officially announced that the GSC is developing a sequel to the legendary series.

The news also appeared on the official website of GSC and communities in social networks.
In addition to this opened site of the project, with a preliminary release date of 2021.
According to rumors, the development is based on Unreal Engine 4.
May 18, 2018: the Crooks and funding
Immediately after the announcement of the network intensified fraudulent sites that collect funds from fans of the series to development of the project. On his facebook page the head of the company said:

Of special interest is the comment below:

From the review it follows that Finance for the project development in the Studio has. However, until now nothing is known about the team developing S. T. A. L. K. E. R. 2. The number of people, their skills and achievements in the gaming industry - all hidden behind the doors of GSC Game World. This fact worried many fans of the series.
19 may 2018: Political propaganda in the game will not
Many troubling questions about the watered. propaganda, because everyone knows what a tight spot is Russia and Ukraine. The head of the Studio said on his facebook page that the promotion of the game will not be:

29 may 2018: information on the development from Sergei Galenkin
In podcast No. 222 How to make the game Sergey Galyonkin revealed some details of the development of new parts. For example, managed to learn that:
Engine not yet officially confirmed.
- The game is at an early stage of development (design documents).
- A good team with experience in the development of shooters. Some people worked on the original Stalker.
Cossacks had done by other contractors.
31 may 2018: Sergey Grigorovich about the interview with Sergei Galenkin
Sergei Grigorovich did not stay aside and commented by Sergey Galenkin on his FaceBook page, where he noted that the Galyonkin just suggested, and largely mistaken.

In order to avoid unnecessary questions, the Year - godina (Russian hour)

Believe Grigorovich or Galankina time will show, perhaps the closest E3.
01 Aug 2018: details will be soon...
Sergei Grigorovich on his facebook page said that information and advertising for the game, perhaps there will be only 4 months before release:

We continue to wait for news...
12 Comments
Sort by:
B
BarackKamacho 28.11.19

If they will ever appear in the blog from the king of games, why should they have to wait here

A
Anti 4it 28.11.19

Well, personal opinion, for starters.
News for all was unexpected. A real concern for the project, someone has already predicted epic failure. Key arguments - funding and the team. They say who and what will make the project - is unclear.
I agree, the trouble of this fact is. But 2012 because the development stopped - that the project did not meet the requirements, professionals really not enough, etc. etc. had a lot of Problems as I understand it.
Well, let's strictly and the points.

Funding:
If I am not mistaken - the commercials in the 2014 Grigorovich said:
Do not need money. There are so many, and brands, like STALKER, is not enough. There is no reason to change what little what many, and no longer need. The project will be released or, as another significant cultural event of mankind, or in any way... Waiting on the stars.

So now and then Sergei makes it clear:
Spoiler

If you look in details and ask the question where is the money? some of the options available. Sergey businessman and far from poor, income from Cossacks 3 the same could go for design + investors + publisher. And does it matter if the Studio, apparently, enough to Finance?

Team
Well... it is difficult to say something unequivocal. Make optimistic forecast of the quotes above and the events of 2012 it is clear that the father of the brand to do mediocre simply is not willing and ready to invest in the project over completely. Team for such a project need a strong and good programmers, artists, etc. in/on Ukraine. It is possible that the Studio has attracted people from other States, it is quite possible that you found good people in the country and maybe even managed to return to the team the first part. There remains only one thing - to wait for news. But the mood Grigorovich serious and this is a little reassuring.

Design time
I won't argue that - as will be developed Stalker 2. Would rather speak about - how long has he been developed.
I remember in 2014-2015, once the GSC have resumed work - I wrote a letter the official e-mail with a question about the continuing development of the series. Of course I wasn't expecting any specific information, the Studio staff just politely said Follow the news as soon it was announced the Cossacks 3. Then I got a little upset, but still harbored the idea that Cossacks 3 was the warm up and the project for financial gain. I remember the army of Stalker fans who bought Cossacks - just to help the Studio with funding and those took over the development of Stalker 2. In principle - and it did.
Cossacks 3 came out about a year ago and, of course, the Studio won't idle without work. Usually, by the time of completion of one project is already planned (or is parallel) work on the others. It's exactly the same, otherwise, simply can not be. I'm sure that Stalker 2 is in development for at least a year, maybe more.

Developments
Another important topic is the developments in 2010-2012. For some reason, many think that if 60-70% of the game was ready, but now, after 6 (!) years you can just distribute the content from above, profanity monitor, lick the whole thing and throw it in the release.
NO.
Foolish on this count. If practices and was relevant, they were relevant then, 6 years ago. Now Xray 2.0 will not be amiss. You can pull and finished part models, textures, animations. You can even use a long time merged into the network of arts - but it is a small percentage of available operating time. The main part will have to create from scratch, but the achievements of previous years - this is nothing more than a nice bonus at work.

Engine
Also being debated. According to one rumors S2 will be on UE4, on the other - on the Xray of the new generation. Here and there - their pros and cons, listing them can be long - but I'd rather that the project was developed on UE4. Why? - Yes, although because the engine is good and refined, bygone atmosphere, a gorgeous picture and the new features it can be realized, the number of bugs also tend to zero. One confused - not imprisoned this engine for large worlds. Well, quite. Because for the sake of stability the world can be divided into the location... But is it so bad? If the locations are extensive, original, and researched - it will be much better than the same type of game world.
It will be interesting to hear your opinion.

m
maxpayen 28.11.19

In UE4 of course it would be better done. I think like 1 year at least already develop or rework old ideas. Wait. I think next year will be more specific info from the developers. Maybe Steam will put in the early access a couple of years, but maybe not. Although I'm against early access for this game. Out at least GTA 5 Fallout-4....for example, in early access was released and all play ....or don't play. The main thing that I like-Survarium failed.

A
Anti 4it 28.11.19

BarackKamacho
I plan to maintain here for a chronology of news, even the smallest ones which do not shout to the entire Internet. That is news, and the blozhikah opinion, fakes, stuffing - tired.
And nowhere is there a normal topic for discussion and to discuss the project you want. Therefore I created a centralized theme.

L
Lodurr 28.11.19

Green the may 26 broadcast will be, or is it too fake was?
If so, where?

U
Uran62 28.11.19

Just wrote in another thread, but will repeat. Campaign started muzlo Klipat on the game. A reference from buddy

A
Anti 4it 28.11.19

Uran62
99.9% that it is fake

P
Protocol10 28.11.19

IMHO, but the game will be a hack of the second and third mafia or mass effect Andromeda
Denote reasons

1) Small budget
2) Developed the first part of the long-piled to make metro
3) the project has no publisher (no top publisher is not interested in the project, the probability to produce a quality product without the support of a publisher is very small)
4) the First part was ideologically the average shooter, but cling unusual for that time setting. Norot long been spoiled by farkray, palluconi, etc. the Audience became more demanding.
5) Cossacks turned out fierce thrash metal. Developed the Desk sawing game purely in order to survive

A
Anti 4it 28.11.19

Protocol10
1. Nothing is yet known. The game can be investors, the publisher can unfasten money income with the Cossacks, personal Finance Grigorovich.
Not so long ago, he noted that the finances enough.
2. This does not contradict the likelihood that the Stalker 2 people do with straight arms. While there is no information on the team - to draw conclusions about its professionalism stupid.
3. Nothing on this subject is NOT KNOWN. Enough to lead people astray. A publisher may already have, but maybe not. But how do you know who is interested in the project and who is not? Managers themselves report on Mondays?
4. Cling atmosphere. If preserved, bring the remaining elements to a new level (setting, graphics, physics, sounds and music), to introduce something new - that is, all the chances of a successful project.
5. The Cossacks were doing a completely different team, contractors can say. It's a well known fact.

In short, as always - the findings and statements out of thin air. There is no information besides the website logo, but there are a ton of critics and experts.
Tie.

Stalker 2 will be compared primarily with the Metro, so need to keep proper bar and to be not worse than the first part of his time. Otherwise will be released? - 100% failure is guaranteed.
Grigorovich is not an idiot and understands this, and thus calculated the force times decided to develop.
What will come - we'll see.

V
VETER15 28.11.19

The best news of all time!
Спойлерhttps://coub.com/view/17zp7v

M
Mikle95 28.11.19

z
zirack 28.11.19

Mikle95
And in the end it will be released in 2021году. Fanned only more.. no release date, not release date.