3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vitalik76 29.11.19 05:49 am

The problem with screenshots (Metro Exodus)

Interesting turns. The game has photo mode, but you can't take screenshots of the game. Okay, we are not proud, we go in photo mode, press the print screen, go in paint, trying to insert the resulting picture. Oops, but that it is not inserted. In the clipboard there is nothing like the screenshot didn't do. Um, okay, there are also third-party apps. Run a FPS Monitor, take a screenshot of them. The picture file is created, but in fact it turns out that the program has recorded only an overlay with the sensors, the computer, and the rest is black background. What the hell? Okay, let's resort to heavy artillery. Ansel, it's your finest hour. Press Alt-F2... and get the message, Ansel may not be included in the moment. The question is how to understand it, the game never allows you to take screenshots? It is a new word in science and technology. But on the forum there are screenshots, so people like that makes. Not share a secret? I have Windows 10, if that.

The easiest way to run the game in a window, then there shouldn't be a problem, but something in the settings I don't see windowed mode. There are no such settings. Why wouldn't it work like Ansel figured out - he needs it Gaforce Experience, and I did not put. Why doesn't the rest is not clear.

PS Please moderators to move the topic to technical section. Like there are created and created for some reason in General.
29 Comments
Sort by:
L
Linch2000 29.11.19

vitalik76
You've got your photoregion. There is Ansel, and he's running and he doesn't need the Geforce Experience app (if the driver is installed, I have this app not installed, I don't have it and I fucking do not need).
Here is a screenshot taken with Ansel (settings in fact).
Spoiler
But you can use the program MSI Afterburner. Here is a screen.
Spoiler
Forget your photo.

v
vitalik76 29.11.19

Duck if the problem was in photo mode, but I have not made any screenshots just print screen, no prog FPS Monitor (alternative to MSI Afterburner), and Ansel do not work. You have Windows 10? Please to those who have Windows 10, tell if you can take screenshots.

c
callmegod 29.11.19

vitalik76
PrtScr + Paint, I do not work on Windows 10

v
vitalik76 29.11.19

callmegod wrote:
PrtScr + Paint, I do not work on Windows 10
So... looks like we have a new problem. The request to respond those who was ABLE to take a screenshot games 10, full screen mode, direkth 12. Tell me, what do you make screenshots?

b
benites 29.11.19

I have no problem the screen on the F12 button. Windows 10, game you license.
Spoiler

v
vitalik76 29.11.19

benites wrote:
I have no problem the screen on the F12 button
What program screen then?

b
benites 29.11.19

No idea, the screenshots are saved in a separate folder in steam.

n
nibler99 29.11.19

vitalik76
It is sewn in the steam overlay

v
vitalik76 29.11.19

benites wrote:
No idea, the screenshots are saved in a separate folder in steam.
Thanks friend, but unfortunately you wouldn't really help us. To clarify, in my case we are talking about game epic store, and the client has no way to do a screenshot on their own.

So, once again, clarify. The request to respond those who was ABLE to take a screenshot games 10, full screen mode, direkth 12, game for the epic store. Tell me, what do you make screenshots? Please respond only owners of the game for epic store, steam, and torrent edition does not help us.

_
_Red_FoXx_ 29.11.19

vitalik76
Win 10, dx12, Nvidia. Make screenshots using the alt+f1

Spoiler

Alt+f9 records video
Spoiler

H
Hattack 29.11.19

vitalik76
It makes sense to replace the default Paint on PaintNet. I had similar problems in particular with Steam, what with all the games. This method solved this problem. About Apicaller can not say anything, because this raw piece of you know what, put yourself are not going

v
vitalik76 29.11.19

_Red_FoXx_ wrote:
Make screenshots using the alt+f1
In what program?
Hattack wrote:
It makes sense to replace the default Paint on PaintNet
What's the point? Paint because the screenshot does not. The screenshot should be written to the clipboard by pressing the print screen. But what to stick on this question sixteenth. You can even in word to insert. The problem I have is that the screenshot via the print screen is not written to the clipboard. After printskrin in the buffer is still empty.

_
_Red_FoXx_ 29.11.19

vitalik76
I'm not sure, but I think it refers to the software from Nvidia (Nvidia experience), if not forget then in the evening look

v
vitalik76 29.11.19

_Red_FoXx_ wrote:
I'm not sure
Ansel, but he's on alt-F2 should work. Ansel I have not even started, why Hz.

_
_Red_FoXx_ 29.11.19

vitalik76
No, it's not Ansel, try to go into the game and press ctrl+alt+z and it should pop up the menu settings of the tool. Of course I could be wrong, but I think it refers to Nvidia

v
vitalik76 29.11.19

_Red_FoXx_ wrote:
press ctrl+alt+z
Nothing happens when pressing these buttons.

Today I remembered that even since ancient times there is program Fraps and tried it. But alas, Fraps shows fps and takes screenshots in the Epic Game Store, but in the game - no. No fps does not display any screenshots does not remove. Campaign this game either so the curve, or so advanced that nothing touches it.

_
_Red_FoXx_ 29.11.19

vitalik76
Fraps does not work on dx12,
And at the expense of the utilities, home get look

v
vitalik76 29.11.19

A little clarified the situation with screenshots. Even crooked, but to make them possible. In General, I climbed on the forums and searched for topics on the subject of problems with screenshots in direkth 12. And read one piece of advice. It was said that in директх12 missing some components and libraries from директх9-11 (incomplete backward compatibility) and recommended in Windows 10 to make the installation of additional Windows components Tools"graphics. To put so. Go to"Windows settings - applications - applications - manage add-ons - add component. In the list to select and set the Tools for graphics (Enable support for tools graphics Directx). The program FPS Monitor began to take screenshots, but unstable. If the game start and not turn off, the screenshots are fine, but if at least once curtailed, after deployment, is screenshots a blank screen. Again the screenshot was done properly, it is necessary to reenter the game. I remember the talk was supposedly in new Windows is such a super-papersky full screen game mode, nothing is buggy, you can easily turn to deploy. Well, Yes, of course. However, with certain reservations, screenshots began to make possible.

PS But Ansel was not working, and not working. I don't know what he wants.

_
_Red_FoXx_ 29.11.19

vitalik76
A little deceived with a keyboard shortcut, press alt+z (the ctrl doesn't interfere) even on the desktop, will pop up here is the menu:

Spoiler
of course, if you have installed Geforce Experience.

If it is installed, but menu not popping up, so it is necessary to include in settings:
Spoiler

v
vitalik76 29.11.19

_Red_FoXx_ wrote:
of course, if you have installed Geforce Experience
Clear. To take screenshots I am now a small caveat, can. Geforce Experience installed but I have it started, I saw that it is necessary to register and have not yet registered, program will not start and forgot about it. Personally, I Monitor the FPS using, since the program still shows lots of parameters of iron.