3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Moretc 01.12.19 02:37 am

Impressions of the game (Life is Strange 2)

Who's afraid that the game lost all its charm with a change of the main character, don't worry LIS, everything remains the same mental game.
10 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kageri Sendou 01.12.19

The story and characters have become even better for me. Really enjoyed it.

A
Andrey Zagniy 01.12.19

I have conflicting feelings, the atmosphere of the game at a very high level, policy in action(she walks to the couch altricham or not is another question), the characters are interesting, the reference to the last part there, though, and not very impressive, the soundtrack to the occasion.But as usual there is one but, it the course of the narrative, it is quirky, sometimes counterintuitive, and sometimes knocks out adequate perception of history, but for the first episode of Fox's I understand already had been the norm. In the end, 7.7 out of 10.

_
___d1m0n 01.12.19

The game is very cool, at least a little better than I expected. I think it would be cool to have an app in the phone, which would have suggested what to do if suddenly stuck at some place. What do you say?)

N
NightHawkreal 01.12.19

Oh, and sorry for the bird.

R
Reverrius 16.07.20

One of the original and memorable projects for 2015, specifically, was Life is Strange... sort of a "interactive Butterfly Effect", only with a cutie Max is the main character and her "panchavati" girlfriend Chloe. History, in addition to flirting with the "rewind time", contained a good drama and detective elements, and last but not least, had a certain aura of mysticism. And although the storyline Max was completed, it does not cancel the expectation of Life is Strange 2, full season which came in the past (2019) year. Could the developers can repeat your success?

The plot of the second season of Life is Strange tells the story of two brothers-Latino – Sean and Daniel, who were in a tragic a difficult situation and were forced to leave home. They had to embark on a journey across the U.S. trying to survive in a brutal and often intolerant world, dreaming of a homeland of his father – the Mexican town of Puerto Lobos. Without going into spoilers, I can say that the story came out too tight. And though certain moments it matched successfully, the resulting impression was one big shame! However, this trouble brothers and the game itself does not end there. As one of the main characters met a character who loves to consider nudists on the laptop: "Politics is everywhere". In the first Life is Strange and the prequel Before the Storm, was present socio-political element with an obvious touch, but it was the second season for review were "interactive antithrombosis grandstanding". Themes of white racism, immigration policy, infringement of the rights of national and sexual minorities – just bulging out of his pants every other character in the game. It's frustrating and annoying. Fortunately, in the story, in addition to "propaganda", is a touching and dramatic moments, teen and family relationships. As for the nonlinearity of the plot and the local "moral choice", the actions of the player in the role of Sean effect on the character and some future things by Daniel, and the fate of some characters. It is a pity that Sean himself as the main character, was pretty mediocre character, especially compared to Max or Chloe.

Visually, graphically the game is stepped forward. The project uses Unreal Engine 4 (in the first season has been UE 3.5). Design locations generally made gently and "warmly".

But "superpower", which opened Daniel, have not been very successful replacement for the "rewind time" from the first part. Banal "telekinesis". Plus considering that the running player is only the eldest of the brothers – Shawn, and affect the use of this "super powers" we can only indirectly (for example, asking Daniel to use the Force on certain objects). Everything else is disappointment, added to, and the lack of a "mystical" element, some mysterious atmosphere that reigned in Arcadia Bay.

In the end, to repeat the success of the first season of Life is Strange, the developers failed. Hitting the ardent "politicization" of their offspring, they missed a lot of the things we loved the series. And although Life is Strange 2 definitely cannot be called a failure, but compared to the first part is a step in the wrong direction (or "wrong turn").

6.5/10

N
NightHawkreal 16.07.20

Yes. the entire mystical component again, successfully failed.

N
NightHawkreal 16.07.20

Actually, that's what I say. It is evident that the French had some work done and tried to consider the mistakes of the first game. They would now be Yes, in the development of the original... Tried to avoid a weak ending, it was much better, but almost pulled the first disingenuous endings in the game not 7, and 4, the rest is the details of these. And the main thing - to match storyline, in fact crossed all the motivation Sean - it turns out that his brother never threatened, and superpowers, all turned to spit. And Yes, Sean, alas, a hero to the Max falls short - she had character and she has evolved with each episode, and it is essentially a rag and stupidly drifting (not counting strong point in the finale of the fourth episode). Anyway, in my opinion badly chosen format for this game, with such gaps in the events - in the first part the characters were in front and behind them was interesting to watch, for example Victoria in the fourth episode was not like the first. And then the character appears and then disappears and there remains only the letter. Speaking of appearances - David was certainly pleased, but sorry Max they decided not to re-enter, for that the game could very much be forgiven. And of course too many topical, though it is very Intrusive. That's why you need the time with those two assholes on the road? And the developers seem to have forgotten that already make the game not about a fragile girl, and about a strong guy. And as I said, the whole mystical part of the game was back in the tube.

In General, there are things the French know how to do, e.g. the characters, but to make a great game they still have to train.

j
jess0187 24.05.21

I liked the game very much. The characters and the plot are very elaborate. 9/10

R
RaptoR BTR 23.07.21

The game is boring, dull and not worth the time to complete it. the first part about Maxine remains a favorite.

B
Bloodnes 24.11.21

Like a soap opera, the very top is the first episode, then the drama begins, working days in the camp, the hospital, the church - the end, the end credits. It seems that the first episode was done by some developers, then they gave it to amateurs after uni, thinking that people were eating. As a result, we got a mediocre game. Out of respect for the series and the absence of competitors in the gaming market, I put 8-pk. But if you continue this way, then the series will slide down to the level of the walker, which is not worth attention. Let's see what will be in true colors)