3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Aksel2005 01.12.19 09:40 pm

Error \"Extended locale in your OS seems to be disabled...\" (Metro Exodus)

After trying to start the game this window

Maybe someone knows what to do?
9 Comments
Sort by:
v
vitalik76 01.12.19

Well, it seems like the game advises you to install an update for Windows kb2958845.Generally for games it is recommended to install all updates for visible, even if it is a ten and seven especially.

A
AlexanderYA 01.12.19

Aksel2005
Try to update your Windows

B
BLACK_VIT 01.12.19

Aksel2005
In discussions STEAM found, man wrote, try it can help Remove the pickup languages user interface in addition to anglico and language system. Control panel / Clock, region, language, Install or uninstall display languages / Remove languages. I have been there where it was 2 additional languages - Finnish and Hungarian. Removed and it worked!

L
Linch2000 01.12.19

vitalik76 wrote:
.Generally for games it is recommended to install all updates for visible, even if it is a ten and seven especially.
I have seven installed only three of the game, and all games including Exodus, work fine.

D
Dakulzz 01.12.19

In translation, everything is clear)))

v
vitalik76 01.12.19

Linch2000 wrote:
I have seven installed only three of the game, and all games including Exodus, work fine.
Update to the update difference. If there are three service pack, so nothing else is needed.

G
G_Error 01.12.19

Same error. Never can decide((

G
G_Error 01.12.19

Decided to update Win 10 Pro x64 to version 1809.

G
General4 28.06.21

If the moderators miss, then the reg file will be in the Wiki. I solved this problem for two years and found this is the way.
Attention: this method is suitable for all parts of the metro where this error occurs.
Tested on operating system: Windows 7 SP1 Pro x64 with Steam version of the game.

Independent option:
1. Find a working version of Windows 7 / 8.1 / 10 (from friends, acquaintances, at work) and go to the registry editor (regedit.exe).
2. Find the branch HKLM SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Nls and export it to the local.reg file. Using the Process Monitor program, I found that the MetroExodus.exe process accesses this branch and does not find the necessary parameters and groups of variables, after which an error window pops up. Hence the Nls branch is corrupted.
3. Copy this file to your computer, run and confirm the changes in the registry. After the work done, Metro 2033 Redux, Metro Last Light Redux, Metro Exodus started.