3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alex the One 13.09.19 10:01 pm

Thermal paste change or not to change, that is the question

Bought during the mega popularity of Reisen 2600 (those years ago), the stock cooler factory-applied thermal grease. At first, the maximum temperature in the stress test (AC Odyssey, AIDA64 and Fire Strike) was 71, 61 and 58 respectively, now ceteris paribus - 81, 68 and 69, does this mean that the case thermopaste? Just never had AMD processors on the Intel temperature was stable throughout the lifetime (2 - 3 years)
14 Comments
Sort by:
p
potter790 13.09.19

The thermal paste itself is not likely. Put cooler two years ago, along with a new percent. It was the standard grey on the cooler, and I'm still a bit KPT-8 has podmazka. This morning I did prevention itself pasta the normal, viscous. What I started to do prevention, peck began to lag even on the desktop, and the temperature also started to ride. Sinned on the videocard, it is already five years. But when it was removed, it is like new, even disassemble a pity. Removed the CPU, wiped the contacts with alcohol, gathered back, all vanished. Ie very paste to change it, like, not necessary, but prevention is necessary to do.. and with it, respectively, and pasta change.

A
Alex the One 13.09.19

potter790
And it is normal that the CPU voltage in idle jumps from 0,888 to 1,236 every second?

O
OakSorcerer 13.09.19

potter790 wrote:
It was the standard grey on the cooler, and I'm still a bit KPT-8 has podmazka
potter790 wrote:
Removed the CPU, wiped the contacts with alcohol, gathered back, all vanished
Uhahah, thanks for the good mood :)
Alex the One most Likely to work energosberegenie.

R
Ryazancev 13.09.19

Alex the One
About jump voltage-NORM.
Thermal grease if Galima,- losing properties (long lasting thermopaste PTS. little). If there is a good thermal paste, it is desirable to prematurity PTS. a thin layer (well beyond the credit card of SBERBANK :)). For this percent temperature a bit high.
Did not write that for the cooler and the revolutions of the vane\ek.

A
Alex the One 13.09.19

Ryazancev
Mentioned that the stock cooler (Wraith Stealth), thermal paste was already applied on the cooler box, temperature increased over 1 year of use, the speed of the fan in idle 1500 under max load 2500. The enclosure does not commit sin, because the temperature of Vidic as was 68 under max load years ago and now.

A
Apti 13.09.19

Alex the One
What is the problem to pick up and replace the thermal grease and see the difference? The business is for 5 minutes.
Especially for year of operation, the factory paste could dry.

A
Alex the One 13.09.19

Artie
For starters it would be good to buy, and then installation of the cooler on the AM4 is not so simple. Not everyone here who asks questions, is involved in Assembly of PCs. In any case, thanks for confirming suspicions that the factory paste can dry for a year.
So after changing the paste.

O
OkGo 13.09.19

Alex the One
It is unlikely that this increase in temperature is due only to the degradation of the paste.
Yes, over time there is deterioration in properties but usually not so fast. And not the same 10 degrees. What you need to do to the factory paste has dried on the 2600 for the year to such an extent, so much to deteriorate?
MB, cooler clogged with dust or something? But to change the factory paste is worthwhile in any case. At the same time learn how to change the testimony after the replacement.

s
semferot48 13.09.19

Alex the One
I also have a 2600, I use about 9 months , in idle temperature of 33-36 degrees, the fan speed at about 900 , when working on the Internet 40-43 degrees , in games for up to 60-62 degrees , a peak in average 5 degrees less,the turntable is spinning at the same 1200-1400 , Deep Cool deepcool gammaxx S40 , the paste is MX-4.

A
Alex the One 13.09.19

semferot48
I have nothing but praise for the upgrade stock cooling)
Previously used only Intel, never had a problem with the cooling taking into account naydushevneyshih stock cooler (i5 2500, i5 4590), so do not even think there is something on my Reisen.

s
semferot48 13.09.19

Alex the One
still, even for the box of the cooler temperature is high , it is not only in it.

A
Alex the One 13.09.19

semferot48
Do not disappoint me) tomorrow I will put the Enermax ETS-N31-02 with paste included and hope that the issue will be resolved.

A
Alex the One 13.09.19

OkGo
semferot48
Replaced the paste, and at the same time put another cooler Enermax ets n31 in Aida stress test 52, 57 Fire Strike, AC Odyssey 59-62. So changing the paste helped, thanks for confirming my fears on her account. All high fps and low temperatures!

O
OkGo 13.09.19

Alex the One
Well, it's hard to compare, all the same, the current results were due to the appearance of the tower is boxed cooler and not replace the paste.
Wraith Stealth loses even budget deepcool deepcool gammaxx 200, and Enermax ETS-N31 better.

P. S: if you have the opportunity/have extra pasta, it is better to use something other than pastes, which are supplied with the cooler. Usually they are at Maldives do not differ from those that are on the boxed cooler.
Any MX-2, MX-4 are great. And missing them for a long time. Are 300-500 p I still have the syringe 4gr is not spent, although it took the pasta about 2 years ago.