3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
O
Ot Boga 03.12.19 08:29 am

Gaming laptop started to warm up

Hi all. Not so long ago, in October, 18 years, bought a machine:
СпойлерIntel 8300H Core i5 2300 MHz
8 GB operatives
256 GB SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB
Anyone interested to see more, here is the link - https://catalog.onliner.by/notebook/acer/nhq3leu020

Everything was fine, game walking and had no problems.

But just two weeks ago began to notice that productivity in games fell. For example, to play RE2 I could only on minimum settings, the chart will be higher only 40 FPS with procedme to 20.

And now, having come into The Division and literally ofigev of 15 FPS, which after folding and unfolding of the game for 10 seconds was increased back to 60, I knew it was time to investigate. From what I think is that I got the miner. But if you are offline, purely on the desktop, no heat, no fan, runs quietly minimal.

Today I went to DS 3, which had previously given a stable 60 FPS on minimal graphics and was literally horrified: once, in the first 5 minutes really played well: there was a stable 60 fps and no problems. Then FPS started jumping from 23 to 40. And that's on low. For 1050 Ti.

I'm certainly not well versed in computer technology, but it seems like it was throttling. And then I ran the program for monitoring the temperature, and after the game in DS 3 I saw a little inadequate numbers to 87 degrees. And this is after a purge from a dust. The fan worked at full capacity.

Actually, the question is this:
1. Is there a solution to the problems with heat, without disassembling the laptop, so that was off warranty?
2. Is it possible with this problem go and check the laptop warranty? I don't need a laptop, which on the 4th month begins to blink.

Thanks in advance for the answer.
6 Comments
Sort by:
V
Vor Piratych 03.12.19

Better carry back to the store. Clean indiscriminately will fail and on and I don't expect it so clogged for half a year.Looks like a stop of a cooler.

O
Ot Boga 03.12.19

Thief Pertici
So the fact that the cooler is working, and the game turns on full power

V
Vor Piratych 03.12.19

Indiscriminately I think that does not solve the problem. Therefore it is better to carry back to the store well, or call them and consult so as not to lose the warranty.

V
Vor Piratych 03.12.19

Try to run game with Internet disconnected to make sure that there is no what fancy miner which runs only when the game and simply disabled so as not to burn.

W
Wolfram carbide 03.12.19

Of course, it is desirable to include temperature monitoring and load percents more using msi afterburner/riva tuner statistic server, to see what sort of frequency. Maybe update the Windows, if this was included some zhruschie shit the type of dvr. In an extreme case, to change the thermal paste on the stone and none, Yes through the service there must be no idea about seals and other things, if hands on a place it will be easy to do yourself.

S
SPR1GGAN 03.12.19

Thief Pertici
Yes, a miner as races the time has come for 4 months naplesoil in itself Paluki and began to peck at sotochku relieving frequency ,classics of laptops .
From God
I don't know what to tell the store about it clogged with dust ,but the fact that indiscriminately not as there 100% and OCSE to learn for the future clean ,and to give 1K(or Lope it's worth) races in half a year ,such a pleasure