3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
InboxM 06.12.19 02:36 am

Performance issues (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Recently decided to pereproyti game, all would be nothing, but drew some of the nuances of performance.
Config like this:
CPU:I5 7400
8 GB of RAM
1060 GTX 6GB
Video Driver Nvidia 417.35
HDD 1000 GB WD 10EZEX
240 SSD WD Green
Windows 7 7601 x64 Maximum
System, the main program put it on the SSD system performance and other games in General no problem. But with the Witcher something is wrong. The picture is the following. The game is installed on SSD and the games on the SSD not set, but that's not the problem(see below), and later put the game on HDD
So the game is on the ssd, launch, launching, and loading in General is fast,load the game,graphics settings high, 60 fps and as soon as you start to play nalulu wild drawdown 60 до54 - 45-36. This happens immediately after loading the game,then all ustakanitsya, fps is smooth, and again occur the joists.Graph frametime terrible.
Now about monitoring.
During lags or freezes, I don't know what to call it easier, the CPU can boot under my or may not be loaded.
The card works at different frequencies and loading is different.
RAM eats with a small 5 GB.
The temperatures are perfect, no overheating, no. As tried to solve the problem.
1) Pereustanovit the game on the HDD, and no results all the same.
2) dancing with a tambourine around the paging file didn't help.
3) Play with the driver setting in control panel Nvidia. Zero results.
4) Performed a clean boot, I think they know what it is. It did not help.
5) turned Off Windows updates, Superfetch(SSDs this service is not required), Windows Search, turn off indexing on all drives, nothing.
6) turned Off Vsync, but the footage left on 60, seems to have helped but partially. Still freezes/lags remained. Also included a full storyboard of fps in the aisles 70-90,but freezes as was and remained.
7)Switched to fullscreen mode to windowed borderless. It did not help.
Did all of the above collectively and individually, useless.
So that some comrades wrote that you Have percent weak or put 16 GB of RAM, and there would be the SSD, I would advise to buy a SSD,will tell you the most important thing. A year ago, there was no SDD, before that was Windows 10 from the Assembly 1511 until 1809,and different versions of video drivers, then in the Witcher 3 everything was fine. No lags or freezes was not in sight. The maximum drop in fps 60 to 55-57 fps and then Novigrada at 100% CPU usage. But it was solved quite easily.
Windows 7 set recently, for a stupid question, why put an ancient OS, not going to answer.In other resource-intensive games such is not a problem.Has dedicated a lot of time researching information on the causes of the Frisians and their elimination,but nothing worthwhile is not found, all the same.
New my assumptions:
1) Krivost OS build.
The wind not John DOE. Kaki wrote above, overall performance is not. But perhaps MB has inconsistencies, specifically with the game.
2) Curves, and not stable video driver.
Like it or not is not clear, other videodrome not tried.
Want to read your opinion.
30 Comments
Sort by:
d
dobro4insky 06.12.19

InboxM
But the case is not suitable with you?A friend also broke my head with the brakes in DotA...In the end the new unit and all was fine....Who would have thought....

I
InboxM 06.12.19

dobro4insky
The PSU is 450 watts, what brand model do not remember. But not in this case) With ostalnymi games still rules)

d
dobro4insky 06.12.19

InboxM
The rest of the game is not an indicator at all,...the Block is now 100 per cent China,and the Witcher,the game with gusto....

L
Linch2000 06.12.19

InboxM wrote:
PSU 450 watts
Little. Given the efficiency you can get 300 watts. 600-650 watts - a normal variant.

d
dobro4insky 06.12.19

InboxM
Stunned he...Take from acquaintances other PSU and check

b
b1mbo 06.12.19

other videodrome not tried.
In my opinion, experiments should start rollback video drivers, ideally, to 300 version (for example on 399.07 in August came out).
It was an interesting situation with the Hitman 2 after updating in November of the drivers on your 1060 (version 417.22) had some performance issues + the mission in Colombia appeared artifacts (only in this mission), roll back drivers solved all the problems. In the end, they remained for a while.

I
InboxM 06.12.19

b1mbo
The driver will definitely try, now there is no way yet.

L
Linch2000 06.12.19

InboxM
I'm not your problem. I mean your PSU for your system. On the small side and very. ))

m
mrKaktak 06.12.19

InboxM
from what I've heard if you have a BP Chinese nouneym in fact it will output 450 watts...I have gtx 560 and played fine on medium...PSU chieftec 650w

K
Krrrva 06.12.19

It was like, and in the third passage and the first two everything was clear. First put full screen and not borderless, the second kill in the game sync and try to enable it in the nvidia control panel and triple buffering. If fps will be jumping higher than 60 and will not be a smooth picture then limit fps using the same afterburner. After these manipulations, the game was stable but not always, had to restart, and even a couple of times. If you have a drawdown in the centre of Ochsenfurt it seems the norm, my i7 3770 was loaded there is almost chock-full

a
aleksandruse 06.12.19

InboxM
try to remove and put in the correct order all the libraries microsoft visual, check the registry for errors, disable unnecessary services Windows, you might have a problem with the plan of distribution of energy in the BIOS (however, if in other games everything is OK, probably not), try to put an older driver for the video card.... And in General, try to clean the computer from dust and change thermal paste
Might still be a problem with BP, we strongly recommend to carry out tests to ring, or at least try another PSU
P. S... In the Witcher, in principle, there is a problem with the upload of meshes from memory and polluting the cache

S
SemyStall 06.12.19

Map for 1060 BP weak. And 8GB Opera too small, especially for the witch.

d
dobro4insky 06.12.19

InboxM
If all goes well,nah you write here?You say,a weak PSU...do You even check that....,and all the driven,like you smart-ass one,and the rest so-so...Respect someone else's opinion,even if it is different from your...

I
InboxM 06.12.19

dobro4insky
Try to convince me... where podtverjdenie the fact that the lags originate from a weak PSU?
If BP could not provide PC energy,does not pull, it just fails. Then, too, respect the opinions of others.
With other games no problems, and with this game there were no problems on Win 10.At least read what you write. BP do not affect performance. It just dies if not enough power, and can take a couple of components. My PC has worked 1.5 years. No problem.
So if you can't read the first post carefully, it's not my fault,but razdrazhat you... it's hard. You tell me why do I write here? And why should he write if you can't give worthwhile advice.
Respect someone else's opinion)

d
dobro4insky 06.12.19

InboxM
[The symptoms are lack of power BP [Archive] - the Club of experts THG.ru]: Look! http://www.thg.ru/forum/archive/index.php/t-27693.html

d
dobro4insky 06.12.19

InboxM
The power supply just started to die,does not give full capacity and the graphics card takes off frequency....Other games less guzzle resources,all I can think is the explanation....I don't think it's the system or the wood....It would be possible to sin on the screw and temperature,but all you wrote above....

I
InboxM 06.12.19

dobro4insky
Baseless arguments. If the unit were dying, what would be the impact then on other games)
But I'm not a supporter of the theory of performance issues because of the PSU!)
Pokapatsya better myself

K
KillKammbest 06.12.19

InboxM
Percent in the Witcher 3 like a gtx 1060-I and the RAM will run at almost full load. You wrote above that the problem is in the power supply but you probably don't want listen to others but then why come to the forum for the answer.

h
hoursdragon 06.12.19

How many times asserted the world...
8 GB is not enough for the Witcher 3. Itilii the paging file. Already 100500 times sucked that the game requires not much video, how much memory. My drovosek brakes only if the pagefile is not, although 8 GB of DDR3 RAM on Board - present and card for a second NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 only 1 GB DDR5 though the pebble is just AMD Phenom II X3 705e-2500 MHz. In other words not much zabaluesh. An on 1600x900 (max monitor) is the only way and even in Novigrad freezes there, and drawdown is barely perceptible. How top ten LTSB set, so all the song and story. Everything on minimum except textures, water and Bush off plane, well, FPS set to 30. All smooth and nice picture. As an example:
Spoiler
So the paging file. Personally, I put in the min and max of 16384 for all three sections.

I
InboxM 06.12.19

KillKammbest
I described in detail the situation) If I do not want to hear you dear do not want to read carefully.BP has no effect.... On Windows 10 it was all good). What is BP???
hoursdragon
Study carefully the system requirements for Win 10 game consumed personally, I have 5 GB of RAM on win7 as well. Witcher more than 8 GB of RAM is not necessary...
And paging file, not to indulge in well, you know why)