3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Snake Eyes. 13.09.19 11:03 pm

The best in your opinion of the book part III

Homer's Odyssey
Homer's The Iliad
Robert Stevenson, Treasure Island
71 Comments
Sort by:
k
kolyaandropovw 13.09.19

Bunin love Dark alleys.

P
Prodavec snov 13.09.19

Andrew Cruz, The Land Of Excess.
All suggest.

R
Ryazancev 13.09.19

Who likes adult serious literature.
Sergei Mavrodi Son Of Lucifer.
There are audiovent.
The book makes you scratch turnip.

k
kordroll 13.09.19

Kama Sutra is something that is necessary

S
Stockton_Slap 13.09.19

The dark tower epic

P
Posledovatel Perelmana 13.09.19

Wii H.In. Gogol
The Yankee from Connecticut at court of king Arthur is actually mark TWAIN

V
VladimirZelen2019 13.09.19

Hi all, would like to present my humble list of the TOP 5 modern books - adventure novels that will excite your nerves and will not let you sleep until you finish them to the end. Many of these books can be read online from my phone. This, of course, just my opinion, but I would be glad if you will appreciate. Let's start from the end:

5. Ermakova Svetlana "Supancic. The bottom of the luxurious world"
In this book, unlike the previous main character is a woman who has experienced great severity and hardship.
Fate did not give to Agree with it to enjoy the pleasures of a peaceful life with her beloved husband in a private beautiful house and deserved the respect of all inhabited worlds. She had to go to the mainland that "for eyes" called the Bottom, filled with crime and other lumpen element to find the fugitive war criminal, and along with some guy, the perfect husband for sister, according to the information field of the Universe.
To penetrate to the Bottom, the TAS had to change my appearance and name.
But Supancic in Uganda Supancic, and even on the Bottom. The one who is the winner by nature. And always will be, while there are those who believe in it and waits. Despite the fact that the main character is a woman, it was really interesting and exciting to read.)

4. Gregory David Robins "Shantaram"
"Shantaram" was, without exaggeration, a cult adventure book among people who are interested in travelling, especially the colorful history of India. The main character of "Shantaram" is not an angel, he sometimes uses drugs, has escaped from custody, committed robbery, was sentenced to nineteen years imprisonment. Escaping from prison, he decides to start a new life in Bombay, where he finds a new and dangerous calling. He becomes a forger and smuggler, sells weapons and is involved in the disassembly of the Indian mafia. But the reader still falls in love with the main character immediately, because this is the person with love in your heart, and with courage, resourcefulness, honor and humor. The love line is also present there.

3.Peter Mail "Year in Provence"
The book is very atmospheric, will tell you about the valley of Provence, where you can find the story in reality. The main characters decided on an interesting adventure in its fifty years. They are tired of rainy London, and they bought a house in Provence. They do not know the language and features of life in the South of France. In the book, 12 chapters, each of which is named calendar month from December to January, a calendar year. Reading story after story, you can learn a lot about the life, customs, French cuisine and way of life of the inhabitants of Provence. Huge attention is paid to descriptions of food and feasts. In the book you can feel the cult of food - there are many descriptions of meals, restaurants, cafes and homemade food. Also a lot of useful information about the climate, interesting recipes about how to produce truffle, about the life and culture of the French, and their national characteristics.

2. Heinrich Harrer "Seven years in Tibet"
If you want to learn about the internment camp, to reminisce together with an Australian climber, then this book is definitely for you.
The main character is a traveler, writer and climber. He escaped from an internment camp. The escape was made in a country with amazing mountain peaks and unexplored territories. The author did an amazing and a long way from India to Tibet, where he experienced and the bitterness and joy. He went through much hunger, poverty and suffering, but still did not give up — went through.
This book is also filled with little-known facts about the Tibetan people.
In the book there is no dialogue, but there is something more exciting stories and unique pictures.

1. Alexander Speke "Shop Of Dreams"
Everything has a price. And so, everyone can get what he wants... in theory. After all, the price you have to pay, and it is ready not everyone. The hero of the adventure novel, "Shop of dreams" is going to go to the end, because it knows what it needs. More precisely, he thinks he knows. Life is a fickle thing. The field where the combination of circumstances, people and your own thoughts all the time. And with it, change things. In the end, it is so easy to cross the line and start doing things that your mom does not want to read books. Yeah, not reading before bed. Not a book for relaxing by the fireplace and certainly not bus literature for ice during the "drive soft-boiled". It "Emotional diary". The book, which is brightly radiate the desire of the hero... earn a lot of money? To build a career? To protect loved ones? Rather, to gain freedom. But here's the thing... how to understand, what is this your "freedom"?

Well, this is my list, how do you? I advise you to read all the books, especially the first, the author is young, so I would like to support him)

b
barabashka12 13.09.19

war and peace

E
ERHater 07.02.22

From what was drawn to re-read - "The Godfather" by Puzo, "1984" by Orwell, "Foundation" by Asimov (probably the best science fiction), "12 chairs" by Ilf and Petrov, "The Master and Margarita" by Bulgakov.
"How to stop worrying and start living" Carnegie (well, if everything in life seems bad, it helps to remember the obvious things).

E
Elena7355 07.02.22

That one of the best for me is "Volkodav" by Maria Semenova

A
Age of Capybara III 16.11.22

Bikerman E. "The State of the Seleucids".
Hobbes T. "Leviathan".