3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
alive-bars 10.12.19 03:29 am

Project - Mafia: the City of Lost Heaven (Extended Version) (Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven)

Or differently- Extended version.
For those who don't know, let me remind you what this project is:

Since the release of the game Mafia nine years, was released a lot of fan mods for it. Some mods are more playable, some less, some interesting, some not, is a topic for endless debate among fans of the game. In fact, these disputes often meaningless, since gambling preferences of each player individually, and cater for all tastes is impossible. But! Surely no one will argue that the strength of the emotional impact, none of the established mods is not up to the original game! I know that many players even cried when at the end of history Thomas kill. So strong was the identification with the Main Character of this sad but instructive story. Even today, despite the outdated graphics, the game leaves a strong impression. Until now, the army of fans of the Mafia is growing every day, joined by new recruits who just discovered the world of the Mafia.

What we so attracted to this game? I have tried to find the answer to this question in the articles: unprecedented in games the freedom of the player and no doubt a brilliant story, built according to the canonical laws of the genre. It's hard to come up with the same exciting plot, the same interesting story, which gave us the first Mafia. I think that in this lies the reason for the failure of many fan mods for the Mafia, as well as almost complete failure of Mafia 2. The conclusion is simple:

Better Mafia: the City of Lost Heaven can be only Mafia: the City of Lost Heaven extended version.

Mafia don't need to convert, no need to try to tell a new story! You need to improve and Supplement the story told in the classic, cult game Mafia: the City of Lost Heaven. You can add freedom to the player, you can branch the storyline in key areas, for example, in the case of the death of one of the characters, you can tell the same story as another character, you can add side missions, etc, etc.

How to do it practically? I already said that one of the most important aspects of the game, so much fun for the player, is to provide the player freedom of action. Obviously, to make the game even more fun, freedom should be increased to give the player more and more options, not take them, as did developers Mafia 2! Let's think and remember, what restrictions of the freedom we have in the game Mafia: the City of Lost Heaven. What annoys you from the beginning to the end of the game? There were moments? For example...
1) roadblocks covering the areas of the city in some missions.
2) the Unavailability of all the cars out of traffic, while Tommy will not learn to pick locks. But what about a robbery?!
3) Tommy, can't earn and spend money! Purse just off!
4) Inability to buy a gun in the city.
5) clear the wall when leaving the bar to perform missions.
And much more... Let's reminisce together!

Incidentally, of all the above can be quite easy to get rid of! Take the city of the Free ride, open the garage of Salieri's bar and the bar itself. Get a template for filling characters, actually living the city, with traffic, police, gangsters, etc., Duplicate this pattern several times, as long as missions "fit" this pattern. And then do the export all the characters from the mission and import the template you just created. Voila! Almost any beginner Modder able to do it.

It is only necessary to consider that the templates will need a few, for day and night of the city, for day and night suburb, but all these tasks are doable, they just require time. And some missions do not require alteration. Anyway, now I have no idea how to alter them, and whether you want. For example, the mission on the ship, or in prison. Of course, if you think well, you can with them to come up with something. At least add side-quests.

So convenient to the proposed project from the point of view of the Modder:
1) does not require high qualification;
2) no need to do new locations and models, nothing particularly complicated;
3) don't need new editors and programs, in addition to the existing ones;
4) the project parallelizes well, over it can work simultaneously 10-15 people (of course, if you typed so much there), everyone will be able to do its mission.

What is this project from the point of view of the player...
1) always open almost the entire city.
2) Tom will have money + opportunities to earn and spend.
3) for Example, sometimes laboring as a taxi driver.
4) City traffic will be expanded by adding models of cars.
5) So, Tommy could get a cool car before he learn to pick locks.
6) Also added the cops (in some missions they are not) and gangsters (Hiking and motorized), it will complicate the game and will probably make it more interesting.
7) Tommy will be able to buy weapons at Yellow Pete's, because heavy weapons it, in any way, maybe to the cops, so why not buy?
8) it is Possible to add additional tasks to earn money.
9) will Also be hiring thugs bodyguards for more fun missions of the game.
10) When you import characters you can replace their model on the model of high resolution, they are already in the game.
Lot you can think of! Let's think together!

As a result, we get the same game will be much more fun to go!

And finally, one of the most important moments! Yes, this is a modification of the game, but not altering the plot of the game, as a complement to it. Thus, this modification can reconcile two irreconcilable camps, fans of the game Mafia – those who loves different fashions, and those who hate any modification of the game, believing that a game like Mafia, fashion only spoil. In my opinion, this is important!

Here's an idea for a new project! Discussion, Your comments and suggestions to the forum.
Let it be Mafia: the City of Lost Heaven (Extended version)!!!

Source http://www.webgamer.hhos.ru/ExtendedMafia/
Idea - MikeMouse, author of alive fashion;
Realization - God forbid - my will :)
1 Comments
Sort by:
a
alive-bars 10.12.19

In General, I want to revive the project, because as the author of one large, already released fashion, I think, is quite capable. Write what you think would be good to implement in the Extended version of the Mafia, which was not in the original missions, but you lacked. Don't know about you, dear to me the engine was quite happy, and, despite some timid and disappointing attempts to move the first part of the Mafia on the new engine, but even if this happens, because if some doubts, will it be a completely different game, not the same old Mafia, that is the seventeenth year holds many and still not let go, despite the release of the second and even the third part, is more than doubtful in the opinion of many, and here fans of both the first and second parts are practically fully agree, and such solidarity, at least, is quite rare... I See, so there ;)

I want to start small:
1. To update the traffic both pedestrian and automobile. Add gangsters.
2. To enter money. With a specific mission tax is approximately the same as in Alive Bars Mod, and not in the Alive Mod, so the money is not much otbavlyay. For further incentive and interest.
3. Add characters like bodyguards and sellers of weapons. Bodyguards are different - each with its own character and temper. The sellers of weapons is also different - some will be passive, someone more active, able to get a gun and fight the abuser :) the Purchase of weapons from Yellow Pete, I think I will not do, for it will be interesting, because it is not dynamic at all, because well, GG came, chattered on slot boring! The character will be better. Especially if the script is not primitive, but better written.
4. Store the result in the gained money, of course.
5. The ability to spend earned money on extra security in the city to perform missions, visiting bars, buying weapons (not standard from Vincenzo), the purchase of cars, of course, and saving them in a bar under the care of Ralphie.
6. The ability to take on the job Paulie and Sam (they only need to be protected, in contrast to the usual characters and how the plot).
7. The branching of the plot. Add the variability of events.
8. A different ending. The script. Some will surprise, I hope :)

Something like that. Write your ideas below.