3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alex Fko 11.12.19 03:02 am

Why the price of the game in Epic Games cheaper than Steam? (Metro Exodus)

Once the game moved to Epic Games, where a percentage of the sales income will get more than Steam + additional dividends for exclusivity, then why, for us, casual gamers, price has not changed?
8 Comments
Sort by:
R
RadM0nd 11.12.19

She had changed, but only to the West. In the CIS, nothing has changed due to regional prices

O
Olly-alpha 11.12.19

RadM0nd
Yes, how did you get God...
Do NOT change the price for the West. Only two countries (the poorest and hungry) appeared in the list of lucky States and the United Kingdom. They took off from 60$ to 50$, for what such merits, I do not know. What is with Canada and, for example, in Latin America, is also a mystery.
The whole area of EU (that's Europe, i.e. the whole piece of mainland to Russia's West and a little North and a little to the South) still have the standard 60 euros (the Euro is not in dollars but a different currency, and there is constantly confused).
Whew... No, seriously. Well, enough with that already.

C
Crysis_Net_2 11.12.19

Because we(Russia and CIS), and so require$ 30 for the game. Read on foreign forums on the topic of Why do we have these games cheap? and they have a little bit hot.

O
Olly-alpha 11.12.19

Well, the answer to the question Why not change the price?, it seems to me, fairly obvious: why change it? The gamers, from the point of view of EGS, no brains, no opinions, no sense of self-worth. Where to hunt - there and run. Much to say, so much pay. Exclusive after all, and this means that there are no alternatives, so why bother?
However, of course, the question remains, fundamentally different than the us and UK (not counting a very specific tax system in the first), but I suspect that Galankina and Co. in those countries just have a lot of friends... And it's almost not sarcasm.

L
Luka_gg 11.12.19

Olly-alpha
Olly-alpha wrote:
They took off from 60$ to 50$, for any such services
It is obvious that the dollar and the Euro the strongest currency in it make the main transaction of sale, including the store epic games, they have a contract in dollars, even in Russia, it is equivalent to and translates other currency, hence the indulgence - this is the calculated profit will be stable, the ruble and so dead, non-permanent, and as already said the price of $ 30, cheap.

L
LeSHiy_047 11.12.19

Cool, that developed from Ukraine and creativity as the writer from Russia, but no benefit for these countries in the transition to Epic Games no. Immediately obvious to whose benefit this deal took place...

T
Technick1 11.12.19

Let earn some money, if you think the game is worthwhile, many will buy it despite the price

R
RadM0nd 11.12.19

Olly-alpha
Okay, the States and the UK now not the West? Well, well