3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Demetrum24579 11.12.19 03:06 am

How to return the original Shader the water when using OpenMW? (The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind)

Hello! I recently here on the forum, was advised to use the OpenMW engine, if you experience performance issues playing Morrowind on modern hardware running Windows 7 and above.(the theme is the Fall of fps and jerking pictures) I use this engine and I am very happy, because it just increases the performance, but here's the problem: the fact that OpenMW is a new beautiful water Shader. She's beautiful and pleasing to the eye, no doubt, but I'm personally a fan of the original water, because I think that it looks atmospheric. If in the game settings to disable these new shaders, instead of the vanilla Shader water appears muddy water, which is shown when you disable Pixel shadow in the launcher settings. If someone not in the theme, here, it looks like the new water Shader:
Spoiler

And that's how it looks, if you disable these new shaders(like in vanilla Morrowind on the minimum salary):
Spoiler

And here how looks the water in vanilla Morrowind when enabled, Pixel shadow:
Spoiler
In General, how can we regain the original water? I would go back to the original, but, damn it, in the original Morrowind to OpenMW without performance is not the same... If anyone knows, please tell me how to get her back. Thanks in advance to all!
4 Comments
Sort by:
r
retro ranger 12.09.22

did you find a solution?

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 04.10.22

padsp wrote:
I would go back to the original, but, damn it, in the original Morrowind without OpenMW, the performance is not at all the same.
Now I will specifically look for the Afterburner and look at the FPS. 40-45 FPS on the original version is stable.

p
padsp 29.10.22

Retro Ranger
Unfortunately, no :(
I have to play with the new shader water

p
padsp 29.10.22

VITYA_KOLYADENKO
Still, for the game of 2002, I think this result is not so hot on modern hardware. With OpenMW, when using OpenGL instead of DirectX 8, the performance increase is more than 3 times (according to my measurements)

In the future, as I know, there will be more support for Vulkan =)