3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nemezis 12.12.19 04:21 am

The ending (spoilers) (The Vanishing of Ethan Carter)

It turns out that the kid was poisoned by accidental fire? And the whole story of awakened evil - the final story invented by Ethan?
15 Comments
Sort by:
V
Vrebro 12.12.19

That's just what was playing), I realized that everything that happened in the game is invented by Ethan story. So.

N
Nemezis 12.12.19

Just why the guy sitting in some basement? He is the type found the room and was sitting there constantly drawing and writing stories, right?

S
Sergey Vaschuk 12.12.19

Yes campaign. all of fiction. but it is cool. and beautiful.

D
Danny Lamb 12.12.19

Ethan died, and the hero is more of a kind of embodiment of his angel, not just a detective who roams a fictional stories so far.
And all the relatives, except my grandfather, apparently not very fond of him. So he wrote stories in order to get lost in fantasies far from a boring wilderness, and relatives.

M
Megapikal 12.12.19

Danny Lamb
Yes not that he's not dead,you're so pessimistic)))They rushed to extinguish the fire,so all is well over there!We are just a fictional boy character and stories about his investigation,no need to complicate a simple story!This game just makes me shiver! 10\10

P
Pelmen dobra 12.12.19

The ending is open) But the kid I didn't like the sort of sympathize with him, not the leaves.
From the heart much relieved when he realized that the murder was unrealistic.

B
BananaSmasher 12.12.19

well, sick of kid fantasy, I can tell you( with the exception of the octopus and astronaut), but quite bearable

T
Tomas Freeze 12.12.19

BananaSmasher
live without Internet and TV in the woods/mountains under the constant sound of water and greasy reading 2-3 comics and such in a head will fly)))

d
dummer 12.12.19

Megapikal
a fire which raged there manually extinguished. The more the two of us, (father's mother) grandfather grandson puts out, and uncle dick actually scored.) So did carbon monoxide poisoning the kid, yeah... and throughout the game you can find a few evidence that he died.

k
kndl 12.12.19

Ga M eR
With great joy have lived so. And you have substitution of values happened.

P
ProhozhuMimo 12.12.19

kndl
So what prevents that? Land in places without Internet and television - in bulk, you can even not buy anything, but just to settle a little deeper in the woods.However, as you write about it on the Internet, so, it's not a substitution, and treason.

S
Sasha Pochebut 12.12.19

The idea is that the boy no one loved, did not support, did not give vent to dreams. Their hatred of him, to others he was expressing in the killings, he absorbed all the hatred of others. And the moment he lit the lamp, he had a chance to get rid of this hatred, disappear by death. He closes the door and just go. Some sense in there in Prospero monologues between locations

D
Dreamcatcher888 12.12.19

I, too, like the fellow above, I believe that the boy suffocated and died, and did it deliberately, as he did not even try to escape, just laid down and fell asleep. Paul Prospero is a fictional character (whose name, incidentally, is an allusion to the hero-magician, Shakespeare's plays, Storm)by Ethan, who became real, but it is unclear how they communicate, it turns out that the boy in that light anymore, but the detective still advises him to continue to create their stories?
Grandpa was the only one who communicated with her grandson, according to this it's so much about it writes, making my grandfather an ally. But there was a time, in my opinion, after traps at the beginning, when we find the note, and after reading, we hear a dialogue between a grandfather and Ethan. Ethan says he wrote the story for grandpa, he seems like grateful, but still says that he doesn't have time to read, say, put, I then as ever subtraction. Thus, even if the guy loves his grandfather, however, it makes him a victim, even the last.

E
Ekzalt McDixon 12.12.19

I think that Paul Prospero is one of the heroes of the stories of Ethan, or rather the last of his story, the plot of which he dreamed when he fell asleep during a fire (or just passed out from gas poisoning). The game thus takes place in three dimensions:
1. Ethan's stories about his family that never took him seriously, and he, judging by these stories, for it is not loved. In the game they are embodied in the form of investigations, who allegedly reinstate event with the help of a paranormal investigator. Notes (stories Ethan) surreal describe these events. For example, the sorcerer in the destroyed house that uncle Ethan - Chad, which in fact is not engaged in witchcraft, and distilling, which is also evidenced by the newspaper clippings. Apparently, uncle or too expensive to sell moonshine, or the people of the area wanted to get it for free and decided to take revenge on the uncle. Ethan embodies this as the burning of his house. The history of the witches in the woods is the story of his mother, who constantly broke on it, made him to sit at home and not in the clouds. This story intersects with the investigation, which is the mother of Ethan tries to bury it in the crypt. A good analogy, isn't it?
His brother Travis laughed at his stories and over the fascination with science fiction (or simply scientific discoveries). The astronaut is just a reference to these Hobbies. After we flew into space and returned to normal world, we see the journal of Ethan with the story the Yellow hills on Mars, on top of which Travis marker wrote the fag. Next we read a story about a wolf who was never able to bare its fangs once saw the light of the alien ship.
Thus, in the stories Ethan contains an allegory of his family. Who is this Sleeping and why is he trying to awaken? I'll explain shortly.
2. The story of detective Paul Prospero. Our hero is a fictional character, probably the last of the story Ethan. He is a positive hero, who is alien to the world in which he lives, the Carter family, who with the best intentions comes from afar to help Ethan in the investigation of a detective (apparently, the kid wasn't just interested in SkyTeam, but stories about tough detectives). He says short, imbued with the despair language, has outstanding abilities - in short, all the best traditions of film Noir. Vydumannost detective also confirmed by the fact that he comes into the world literally out of nowhere - the tunnel to the opposite end of which is white light, and in fact, there is nothing it's just the beginning of the story. The whole setting is filled with other logical inconsistencies and Parallels with other stories Ethan - like a hand grenade in the woods or water monster, which you can find if you try.
3. The real story is. When Travis found Ethan in the basement, brother and uncle began to swear at him. Mother in the heat knocked over a kerosene lamp and started the fire. Ethan - accident (assuming that escape thus fire) or on purpose (not so important) - closed in the basement. He began to suffocate with carbon monoxide and fell asleep. In the dream he had the other detective with all investigations, mysteries, with characters from previous stories. Interestingly, all the clocks in the gaming world, we can see that they stopped at 7:04. And when boy falls asleep, the electronic clock in the basement 7:00. Thus he began to choke at 7:00 and died at 7:04. As one of reviewer on the English site: Minutes of dying stretched into hours of adventure.
Who is sleeper? Ethan himself, of course. At the end of a relatives, realizing what he had done, tried to save him (Wake up), and I think he wanted to Wake up from this allegory in his dying dream.
-------
But you can still think that not everything is so tragic and in the end they saved Ethan. The phrase detective what happens next is another story, hints at this. Although perhaps dying brain just tossed the boy an encouraging thought. The final open)

E
Ekzalt McDixon 12.12.19

Hi Elizabeth ))0)