3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
p
psyducker 13.09.19 11:19 pm

Don't start UT (Unreal Tournament 2004)

Good afternoon, Friends!
I know that on this forum love to help people, so will bring You so much pleasure.
I restored the computer and put 10 Windows. Now I can't run anril in full screen mode.
Popping up the following error constantly:
UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2612 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT (4144)

LockRect failed: D3DERR_DEVICELOST

History: UD3DRenderDevice::ReadPixels <- UD3DRenderDevice::Present <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 10910191 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

I would be very grateful for the constructive help!

PS Simple himself Metalist!!!!1
24 Comments
Sort by:
N
Ness_ 13.09.19

Don't start UT

W
Warlax 13.09.19

Apparently, you have a problem with the video card, try to update the driver, DirectX.

E
Empathy13 13.09.19

put 10 Windu
Chet did not understand this point. In addition to the above, try to run with default inisnkm.

p
psyducker 13.09.19

Drivers updated, direct x too. Yesnic deviltry was also not helped.
About the error text it seems there was an attempt to zapustit with sovmestimosti with Windows XP

H
Hindzya 13.09.19

googlik across this error a ton of answers gives

X
X111 13.09.19

put 10 Windu

Ball, you moron (s)

3DenisUT 13.09.19

Render device change tried?

_
_Butcher_ 13.09.19

Switch to OpenGL, save, out. Come again if everything is OK - put a Daw in full screen mode, save, out. The idea is to help.
It is also possible that in 10 Windows in erect a new method of screen capture to be dug that broke backwards compatibility. Then will only the option of good and expensive wine for 50 euros.

Well and to a heap: directX 12 is quite crude and the next year I would have 10 wines didn't touch at all if the OS used for games. Well, I'm not sure NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT, even in a shortened condition in legacy mode will work fine in 12 erect.

p
psyducker 13.09.19

butcher
And you can detail for me to understand. What you need to do?

X
X111 13.09.19

UT2004.ini
[Engine.Engine]
RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=PixoDrv.PixoRenderDevice

The presence of a semicolon in front of the letters speaks of the inactivity of the regime. Respective put the semicolon about all modes, except where prescribed OpenGL.

It will look like this:
[Engine.Engine]
;RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice
RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=PixoDrv.PixoRenderDevice

Save, close, launch UT.

_
_Butcher_ 13.09.19

Either run the game in windowed mode, go to settings -> display, there will be a Render device, choose OpenGL.

Then leave the game and come in again.
With Inskoy even easier, see post above.

Yes, in both cases it is better to make the default resolution screen, as sometimes you may experience a crash when loading textures if you typed something unconventional (like 2560х1620). Drop to 800x600 and check the rest.

c
cyber_spooky 13.09.19

ha, I wanted to recommend the same, even kopirnul line of ут2004.ini Pro renderdevice, and more - where fullscreenvideo respect to x and y are specified.. but then I decided that I'm not sure if this is the case, it will help on 100%, and did not press the button to send :D

A
Alex_Kondor 13.09.19

X111
Thank you very much.
Helped.

E
Empathy13 13.09.19

I will not create a new topic. Tell me how the game run in windowed mode but without borders. And when fullscreen I have MiniLyrics subtitles songs does not show - to sing along can't.

t
toxikk.com 13.09.19

Empathy13
no, in those years has not been such chips

E
Empathy13 13.09.19

But to make sure that the window was not top possible?

F
F51 13.09.19

If from the window start, the top will not.

A
A1ela 13.09.19

to run windows 10 in directx and not openGL, I changed ReduceMouseLag=True to False.

D
Ded Hotabych 13.09.19

I have UT2004 in full screen mode does not pass. Advise pliz, what should I do? And all that is above it, didn't help.

T
Trial Player 13.09.19

Hello! Let's deal with your problem. My name is Ivan. I'm an experienced player, a lover of Trial, Multimedia and Tama.

In order to sort out Your problem, You need to answer a few questions:

What You have is Windows (32/64)?
You're using a pirated version of the game or downloaded from Steam (licensed)?
Have You ever had in life is that you Wake up in a cold sweat and not know where you are?
The game Unreal Tournament you have installed on the computer for the first time or has previously set?