3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Merinostas 12.12.19 05:50 am

The problem with the videos (Gothic 2)

Sorry for lomovskoy topic, but this question really bothers me. I'm not a LAMER, but still can't fix this error, can be who-thread met such problem. In General, when I start the game the initial videos you can hear only sound on the dark screen. It's the same in the game during cinematics. Already codecs on the video set, we updated the wood video...that just did.
Perhaps you can tell me what codec is needed?
19 Comments
Sort by:
M
Merinostas 12.12.19

I understand that it's because of Vista. It may be possible to correct this?

S
Shifroval 12.12.19

First: game version what? Of each case, to up, pirates? If the pirates - that explains it.
The second rollers in G2 it's the bik files, read using a special player. He is built into the game. And, as far as I know, pirates it glukonat.

About Whists I do not know what to do, but it operates in which you have a G2.

Zy G2 or Г2а?

M
Merinostas 12.12.19

I have a Gothic 2 from Akella(1.31)

m
marsh resident 12.12.19

I have Windows 10, the same problem

E
EShuksh 12.12.19

You can install the unofficial hotfix from fans (made a backup of the game): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=757500304. A collection of patches must be installed on a license from Akella. (Note, installed the addon night of the Raven, because the version with the addon and without established different collections of patches). You can then optionally copy back to the original video (.bik). The seven at me all normally worked, a dozen is not checked. These patches for this old game is still actively produced.

a
airstorm 12.12.19

marsh resident
Run as administrator? Try to disable video scaling in the file: System\Gothic.ini
set scaleVideos=0
Maybe they will go in window mode 640x480
PS On this topic :)
Спойлерhttps://forums.playground.ru/gothic_2/tech/problema_s_video_rolikami_zakryta-222618/и the video
Spoiler

m
marsh resident 12.12.19

airstorm
until the last moment it was
the rollers came in the form of a small square in the center of the screen
scale video =0, and now I have

m
marsh resident 12.12.19

same problem in Gothic 1 and Gothic 2

a
airstorm 12.12.19

marsh resident
marsh resident wrote:
until the last moment it was
the rollers came in the form of a small square in the center of the screen
Something changed, maybe something was installed/re-installed?... Mean not the game itself, but in General.

m
marsh resident 12.12.19

I don't even know. bet on both games direct 11, but as this takes off then removed it. but then I installed newer so it should not be supposed to influence

m
marsh resident 12.12.19

airstorm
as it turned out, there is a solution
Stolebarger BorderlessWindow=1 in the config system/SystemPack.ini

a
airstorm 12.12.19

marsh resident
Great! Well... enjoy the game!
P. S. have got to look for option at... do not have it. But I have an upgraded version of a game based on the Direct3D11 Renderer Direct3D11 games Gothic 1 and Gothic 2: night of the Raven

m
marsh resident 12.12.19

airstorm
with direct need ostorojno. each exit is accompanied by the departure. or store them in enclosed locations (graveyard of the orcs, the temple of the sleeping) do not work. given this, personally put on the G1 patch Freddie textures and the second - the texture of the fashion lhiver

a
airstorm 12.12.19

marsh resident
marsh resident wrote:
each exit is accompanied by the departure
The lion's share of these departures is treated by patch for systems with RAM above 4 gigs ;)
He D3D11 Renderer latest versie X17.4 set is not worth it. To upgrade to it just not worth it. I have an old version 13 (lucky number!). Departures is very small.
lhiver - where the same without him))) But it by hand, so to speak, view all .dds from it. Do not have to scroll through like photos, enough to get into the folder, put the view to large icons and flipping. If even one is broken - it is better to remove, otherwise crashes can not be avoided (if that ifan view reads dds files).
Well, depending on the graphics card it is better to manually tweak the settings SunShadowRangeScale, WorldShadows, HideWorldMeshes and ExperimentalWater ... well hbaoRadius - radius of coverage - there was a case when on the ATI R9 290X had to shorten it ... crashes the game when trying to pull out a torch, and in locations with candles/lamps were drawdown fps to 1 frame....

m
marsh resident 12.12.19

airstorm
in fact, version 13 dh11 is placed on the Gothic 2 . the error only generates when you exit, and nothing more. and 1920x1080 resolution, but the 14 version, and then - there it is impossible the high resolution to deliver
with reshade generally looks wonderful

I thought the same normal version of Gothic 1 but something this campaign does not exist

a
airstorm 12.12.19

marsh resident
marsh resident wrote:
I thought the same normal version of Gothic 1 but something this campaign does not exist
You're right, unfortunately does not exist. German fansite can dig up a few suitable mods, but they are not half graphics bring to mind that for G2 NV. Only then all hope for the piranhas... they can safely take up the remaster of the first and second part - these masterpieces okupaetsya.

m
marsh resident 12.12.19

airstorm
well, it's doubtful. since the game on which they are working now - elex 2)

m
marsh resident 12.12.19

airstorm
believe it or not, I then suggested to put the system pack 1.8 on the first and second, and dx11 17.6 clockwork edition
that's like Gothic 1 looks) and most importantly works on the screen resolution and construction even in the temple of the sleeping

a
airstorm 12.12.19

marsh resident

They would have a little picture to pull up, to the first Gothic, as in the second did... However, and this looks good. However, rend dx11 17th version tried. Any worse and glycine. In some places the picture is great, but the 13th version, at least for me, is much more stable works and looks great... Well, for example:
Spoiler

Fog and haze also looks very decent, and swamps lacking only the stench from the fumes :D:

Spoiler

Other amenities like water, glow, architecture, etc. are also very nice:

Spoiler