3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Shinsuke_Michishita 14.12.19 07:03 am

The problem with shadows and fire. (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl)

Faced with the following challenges in the game: First, it's a glitch with the shadows, the shadows on the sides of the screen stretch and jump.

Second - when you stand near the source of the fire and watch the fire start some microfreeze. When the camera moves all jerks and slows down.
Play without mods, clean GOG version with all the patches. Graphic settings all on the maximum value displayed.
Thank you.
UPD: Inhibition by the fire, it was solved by disabling vertical sync and 60Hz in the game and the inclusion of these parameters in the control panel of the graphics card.
16 Comments
Sort by:
D
Denis Kyokushin 14.12.19

Shinsuke_Michishita
And the system?

S
Shinsuke_Michishita 14.12.19

[Denis]
r9 390x
fx 8370
8 Gb RAM

K
Kraicher 14.12.19

Shinsuke_Michishita
Start with minimum and go through renderam, starting with the statics.

S

Kraicher
This is not a solution. I want the highest settings to play.

K
Kraicher 14.12.19

Shinsuke_Michishita
Pick the best, in graphics is not particularly affected. I just draw distance, object quality and draw distance of the grass pose, and norms. Shadows on low, the rays shut off, and so the Overall quality is average.

S

Kraicher
At the time when the game just came out I played with the brakes and at minimum settings. Now I want to play at maximum, with beams and shadows.

V
Viktorlevakov 14.12.19

I know what to do. In the console write - r2_sun_near_border = 1
Then lost chasing shadows on the sides of the screen.

D
Denis Kyokushin 14.12.19

Shinsuke_Michishita
Microfreeze you because of percent.The game on one core goes

S
Snowguard 14.12.19

Shinsuke_Michishita
The problem is probably ten years... we Need to open user.ltx and make the value of the setting r2_sun_near_border equal to one.

S

Viktorlevakov
Snowguard
It seems better, but the problem persists.

S

[Denis]
Nonsense. My CPU for this game is more than enough. The frieze was solved by disabling vertical sync and 60Hz in the game and enable these settings in Catalyst.

D
Denis Kyokushin 14.12.19

Shinsuke_Michishita
I schA go home, start disk version.If stretched around the edges of the image (including shadows) you have a problem, then it is not treated.This effect is called fish eye.Game of 2007

S

[Denis]
Sorry, did not understand. What is the relationship between the fisheye effect, a glitch with shadows in the game 2007, and that there is no cure?

T
Tiem 14.12.19

What a fisheye effect is ? FOV for 16:9 should be put 70-75. And no eyes will not be there.

D
Denis Kyokushin 14.12.19

Shinsuke_Michishita
All.Found your problem:

In the lower left corner of shade in the form of strips.In short,the disk version of the same garbage
Cured this bug by disabling the shadows from the sun

Tiem
But if the TV is at 60Hz?

S

[Denis]
I don't want to disable shadows.